Author Topic: Tip over bars.. Murph, Canyon Cagers, ect  (Read 4201 times)

Offline Archie

• Hey, don't do that Half Assed!
Tip over bars.. Murph, Canyon Cagers, ect
« on: March 20, 2015, 11:36:51 AM »
So I put Murphs bars on the rear of my 04 last night. Pulled out the instructions for the front bars.  :-\  I'm not pleased to be cutting up the plastic. I'm curious if cutting is required for the front canyon cagers? (Cager makers are closed today)

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
Re: Tip over bars.. Murph, Canyon Cagers, ect
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 11:48:31 AM »
Welcome to the forum!  :chugbeer:
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 12:00:57 PM »
I don't have them but I thought the only cutting was to the black plastic duct work (round 1" hole?) which really would not be that big of a deal to plug up later.  Scrap plactic and hot glue gun.  Maybe I'm wrong.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline ManWorkinghere

• 2001 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000A
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 12:27:27 PM »
So I put Murphs bars on the rear of my 04 last night. Pulled out the instructions for the front bars.  :-\  I'm not pleased to be cutting up the plastic. I'm curious if cutting is required for the front canyon cagers? (Cager makers are closed today)

I have tip-over bars front and rear on my '01 C-10.  I did not have to cut my fairing plastics at all.  I did have to do minor cuts in the black plastic ducting underneath my fairing plastics to accommodate the mounts of the front bars.  NBD to me.
after 2012 Rallybefore 2012 RallyCOG#9292:-)

Offline Archie

• Hey, don't do that Half Assed!
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 01:18:19 PM »
OK, thanks for the welcome and the info on the bars. I am aware I would be cutting into the black plastic behind the fairing, not the pretty parts.   RFH87_Connie, nice looking ride on your avitar pic. Makes me think.... I don't need no stinking bars.  I want them and I dont. Lol. I read a lot of the build thread for the cagers but it left me unconvinced.
 Its beautiful weather here. May have to ride the Vulcan... Connie is spread out in the garage with carbs shipped to Florida. Ya'll have a great day.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 02:24:21 PM by Archie »

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2015, 05:48:32 AM »
I wish I had bars on mine once when it was in the garage.  Other than that, not really.  They are a great place for more lights and foot pegs though.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline pilotsailing

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 07:53:17 AM »
Those tip over bars have saved me about 3 mirrors now and a bunch of plastic and saddlebags.  ;D
Well worth trimming a little of the fairing to get them on and off a little easier .