Author Topic: Another Coast- To- Coast in 50 hours.... maybe  (Read 29109 times)

Son of Pappy

Re: Another Coast- To- Coast in 50 hours.... maybe
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2012, 09:56:13 AM »
So, looks like the halfway point, I90 all the way in to WA State.  He's rolling now.

Offline mike

« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2012, 10:16:30 AM »
Looks like he's making good time.

Offline andreaF

« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2012, 10:20:52 AM »
at 12:03 24 hours in....1509.6 miles done

had been in a construction zone for miles, going 60, where he had planned on going 80...but it ended while we were chatting, so his speed is back up!  Slightly windy, but not nearly as bad as last year (at this point)...so hopefully that will continue that way.

GPS says he'll arrive at 10:41 tomorrow..which only leaves him just over an 1hour for stopping...so he has to make up time in these next 2 states...which is exactly what happened last year, so lets hope that's repeated....

that's all folks.... (for now).....to be continued.....and btw, I've been reading him some of the comments so he's getting so good chuckles....keep em coming please....

Andrea

Offline mike

« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2012, 11:11:15 AM »
Thanks for the update.  :thumbs:

Offline andreaF

« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2012, 11:47:16 AM »
where did everyone go?? was it something I said???? or is everyone actually working????    :(   
the day goes by very slowly when I don't have funny things to read....

Andrea

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2012, 11:48:02 AM »
Brian is my hero!!  I would love to do a ride like this but with all of life's responsibilities I would be lucky to get away for 2 hours without something urgent needing my attention.  It is great that he has you supporting him all the way as well Andrea as I'm sure that means allot.

I am praying for God-speed and safety on his journey.

-Kirk

Offline Conrad

« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2012, 11:56:16 AM »
where did everyone go?? was it something I said???? or is everyone actually working????    :(   

Andrea

Try this, http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?board=10.0
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline andreaF

« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2012, 11:59:33 AM »
  :) Thank you Both!! I feel better already!!!

Andrea

Offline andreaF

« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2012, 12:43:10 PM »
20 hours to go...............................

since Rye, NY on the road 26hr 27 min
1686 miles
avg overall speed 63.7

The wind was howling...so we cut the call short...but he said it's still not nearly as bad as what he experienced last year.....
Our friend Terry called him with weather updates for the higher passes coming up tonight...it will be cold and rainy...so he'll be sure to suit up with ALL his heated gear at one of his later fuel stops.  Thanks Terry!!!

At his next tank up, he'll grab a coffee and a bite to eat as well....otherwise, nothing eventful to report, all is well!

goodness...that kinda sounded boring didn't it.....I'll have to work on my delivery...

thanks,
Andrea

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2012, 01:09:16 PM »
Andrea, why didn't you take this ride with him?

Offline andreaF

« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2012, 01:23:27 PM »
What 2 crazies in the family????   :o...no seriously I have no interest in endurance riding at all. I am willing to go somewhat long distances but no where near what Brian will do....I'll leave that riding to him!

Andrea

Andrea, why didn't you take this ride with him?

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2012, 02:05:44 PM »

Andrea

Next time you talk to him tell him this joke.

Motorcycle rider pulls into a diner in upstate N.Y. Seats himself and asks the waitress for 2 headlites and 2 wheels. The waitress who had just worked all night wasn't in a good mood said what are you talking about? The rider already tired ,but happy to relax at the diner said" Just tell the cook he'll know what I mean but the expression 2 headlights and 2 wheels. By this time the waitress is pissed and yells back at the old cook, "I got this weird one out here who thinks you'll know what he wants if he orders 2 headlites and 2 wheels". Yeah I know what he wants, Yells the cook, He wants 2 eggs sunny side up and 2 pancakes. No problem . Well this just pisses off the waitress even more than before. SO, just be the breakfast is served to the rider, she walks up with a big plate of chili beans and slams them down on the table. "Here" she yells for all to hear, " here's you chili! But, the rider who didn't order the chili answers back What is this for? The waitress is ready for this yells back" I thought you would want to gas up before you took off"
I know that on long trips I love hearing the sound of my beautiful wife every now and again to help me forget that my butt hurts, my eyes are heavy, and that every time I get to an uphill section that I can almost count on a tractor trailer trying to pass another trucker going 50 mph uphill. 

I'm sure he will make up plenty of lost time tonight through the vastness of the west. 
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline andreaF

« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2012, 02:37:21 PM »
BAD Hail Storm.....he & all the cars around him are sitting it out.....................

I didn't even get to tell him any jokes.... :'(

Andrea

Offline CigarSki®

• Arena
  • Newb again?
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2012, 03:05:41 PM »
Are we there yet? Are we there yet!

Wayne Sikorski aka CigarSki
2010 ZG1400 - South Jersey
COG 9250

Offline andreaF

« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2012, 03:07:07 PM »
he's fine, but he's lost over an hour and half with this storm....and the hails not passed by yet... so he's pulling the plug and gonna grab a hotel   :'(  doh!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry folks but I think the shows over.....
Andrea

Offline Conrad

« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2012, 03:13:52 PM »
Well crap!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2012, 03:55:28 PM »
he's fine, but he's lost over an hour and half with this storm....and the hails not passed by yet... so he's pulling the plug and gonna grab a hotel   :'(  doh!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry folks but I think the shows over.....
Andrea

The show is never over....  Just maybe a different show then the one we were expecting but he is still on the road away from home and experiencing things some of us only dream about so continue with the show perhaps with a different ending then we expected but sometimes shows are better when they are unpredictable. 

The show must go on!!  :) :)

Offline andreaF

« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2012, 04:11:27 PM »
it's disappointing......can's mess with mother nature though!

I'm not quite sure what to do with myself for the next 24 hours now????? ???

thanks to all of you, it's certainly been a fun ride.....

Andrea

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2012, 04:18:24 PM »
Glad you could join us. Say hey to Brian for all of us. :)

Son of Pappy

« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2012, 04:37:30 PM »
Just got off the phone with Brian, he's called the ride, hail the size of golfballs, bouncing 6 feet into the air, locals are calling for baseball sized hail.  He was lucky as he had just pulled in for fuel when the storm hit.  So, many kudos to a rider who knows when to call it good, and Brian is the definition of a Rider.  His plan is to break the remainder of the trip into 2-700 mile days, stop and smell the roses kinda ride.  He will still have his Spot on for the ride and if things work out I'll still try to meet up with him somewhere along the way.