Author Topic: Cold weather gloves with heated grips  (Read 2532 times)

Offline kzz1king

Cold weather gloves with heated grips
« on: April 12, 2014, 08:17:42 AM »
Getting ready to order some tires and have decided I need to buy some semi decent riding gloves for cold weather. I have heated grips so if you have experience with gloves play well with those. Have been reading reviews and searching here but nothing has jumped out yet. Looking to stay under $75 and am pretty tight so lower options will be appreciated 8)  Thanks
Wayne
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline works4me

Re: Cold weather gloves with heated grips
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 10:45:59 AM »
While some may balk at the perceived lack of protection,
for warmth, comfort and low cost its hard to beat ski gloves.

Offline Summit670

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 01:29:45 PM »
If you have heated grips you can use a glove which has less insulation.  If you can find one, a glove with less on the palm vs more on the topside would be the ticket.  It would let the warmth get to your hands faster.

Arctic Cat M8 163 rules

Sleds, Dirt Bikes, ATV's, Street Bikes, Mountain Bikes.  Heck, I guess if it has handlebars I'll give it a try.

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2014, 01:47:20 PM »
Snowmobile mitts would be ideal as they have less insulation in the palms to let heat in, more on the back to keep it in. Unfortunately, I've yet to come across gloves constructed like this.

My current winter gloves are made by Olympia, they were about $60, about three years ago. Still in nice shape and I use them virtually every workd day from Nov to sometime in April.
Perfection Is A Fantasy, Improvement Is Possible(Margie J)
America's Seaplane City
'99 Conk: 234k mi, '98 KLR650, both gone, '15 Versys 650LT: 74k mi
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 18 year member)

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 12:49:05 AM »
I use these in Hi-Viz and they seem to work well with my heated grips. http://shop.olympiagloves.com/collections/mens-motorcycle-gloves/products/4370-cold-throttle
Quote from: Olympia website under "features"
Thinsulate 40g on palm- 100g on back of hand for warmth; allows heat from heated grips to pass through!

I live in Texas, so they don't get used a whole lot, and have never been used below 30 degrees. Maybe someone further north can chime in about them.

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 08:09:21 AM »
Thanks Farty!That is what I am looking for. Gloves that are well insulated often do not let the heat from warmer in. Worksforme, I have been using ski gloves but due to above don't care for them as much. Thanks for the input, supposed to be spring here but 22 this morning.
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2014, 08:16:43 AM »
Here is a link with a few reviews. Opinions are all over the place!   http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/19994/i/olympia-sports-4370-cold-throttle-hi-viz-gloves

Wayne
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 03:24:17 PM »
Here is a link with a few reviews. Opinions are all over the place!   http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/19994/i/olympia-sports-4370-cold-throttle-hi-viz-gloves

Wayne

Yeah, one guy even talked about the air flow? WTF, these aren't mesh gloves.  To be honest, I didn't come up with these on my own. This question
has come up before and someone suggested these. I've search both forums, but I can't find that post/thread but it's out there somewhere. Anyway,
I'm happy with them. They aren't perfect however, if you wear them a little too long after you should have stopped and put on the mesh gloves, your sweaty
fingers will dislocate the inner lining a little when you pull your hand out. It goes back in OK next time you put them on, just not fast enough when you're in a hurry.

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 06:55:03 AM »
In winter I use LobsterClaw style gloves.
There are less seams so they don't leak as easily and are always warmer than 5 finger gloves.
The only negative is that ya can't give the finger to other road users.  ::)
Mine have a leather palm but a Cordura back so work really well with the heated grips.
I ride year round except when there is snow/ice on the roads so have ridden in -10C this winter just gone.
I was frozen solid after 1hr in the saddle but my fingers still moved and I didn't crash.
Even then I still couldn't set my Oxford HotGrips to maximum as they get much too hothothot!
Next time it gets that cold,.... I'm in the car!

The Rukka Lobsters are the best out there but $$$.
I use the ProBiker Lobsterclaws which are the best I can get in 4XL.
http://www.getgeared.co.uk/probiker_winter_gloves_coolbreaker4_wp_black?sc=16&category=146
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK