Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 456230 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: What makes me crazy....
« Reply #200 on: May 15, 2013, 01:24:54 PM »
Lazy people make me :censored: crazy.  :banghead:

One block away from the building that I work in is a McDonalds. During the breakfast and lunch rush the :censored: lazy people line up in the drive through instead of parking their cars and going inside. What always ends up happening is that the line gets so long that it spills out onto the 4-lane road and the right lane gets clogged with the lazy :censored:. Yet when you look inside the store there's no line at all!

What's really interesting is if you walk past the line of cars and look inside. 100% of the folks waiting are all :censored: overweight. Imagine that?

Stupid, fat, and lazy people make me crazy.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #201 on: May 15, 2013, 01:40:34 PM »
Oh my.  When I do eat at McDonalds (a rarity indeed) I take the drive thru because it's faster than being waited on inside.  Seems all fast food places and businesses with drive thrus put priority on those 'fat' customers rather than the skinny ones in line.  I'm just taking advantage of a fact of life.  I don't like it but what can I do to change the system.  It's the MAN that's at fault here, not us fat guys in cars waiting for our heart attacks in a bag.  ;) :)   By the way, I've never been impressed by McDonalds service either inside or out, I prefer Wendy's if at all possible with Burger King next.  Course I use the drive thru with them as well, Mr. Skinny Guy.  >:( ;) :)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #202 on: May 15, 2013, 01:56:17 PM »
It's been a LONG time since I've eaten at McDonalds but I walk past there to get to my credit union for some cash. If I'm in the mood for fast food I'll walk another block over to Burger King. Good service and never a line. There used to be a Wendy's (I also prefer Wendy's) in this area too but it burnt to the ground (rumors of insurance fraud) and was never rebuilt.

I don't care if these folks eat themselves to death but when the :censored: line is out in the road and I'm on the bike, I do care. I especially care when folks are trying to turn left from the opposite lanes and want to get in the LONG line.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #203 on: May 15, 2013, 02:18:03 PM »
Ah, so there's more to this...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #204 on: May 21, 2013, 03:39:48 PM »
When you visit your favorite restaurant for the 801st time, you get sick from food poisoning, the bathroom all weekend, but you refuse to give up, because well, its your favorite, only to find they have been closed by the health department.
Now where do I go for lunch every Friday while at work?
I need to find a new job.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #205 on: May 21, 2013, 05:17:46 PM »
AWOS saying 0-5 winds, you look at the socks (several) from aloft and they're pointing in various directions, and horizontal to boot. Combine that with fine-tuning soft and short field in prep for a check ride.  >:(

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #206 on: May 21, 2013, 05:23:15 PM »
Maybe you could have lunch at the health department; after all, it sounds like your current situation is their fault. Maybe you could get a job AT the health dept. and enjoy less toxic food while at work?

Brian

When you visit your favorite restaurant for the 801st time, you get sick from food poisoning, the bathroom all weekend, but you refuse to give up, because well, its your favorite, only to find they have been closed by the health department.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #207 on: May 21, 2013, 06:47:50 PM »
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline ManWorkinghere

• 2001 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000A
« Reply #208 on: May 22, 2013, 06:46:31 AM »
AWOS saying 0-5 winds, you look at the socks (several) from aloft and they're pointing in various directions, and horizontal to boot. Combine that with fine-tuning soft and short field in prep for a check ride.  >:(

Rick

Just fly an 'eggbeater' then because winds direction does not matter?

after 2012 Rallybefore 2012 RallyCOG#9292:-)

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #209 on: May 22, 2013, 10:15:08 AM »
When your in a hurry and take the elevator and then accidentally hit the wrong floor. So now you have to stop at that floor, WAIT for nobody to board and the doors take forever to close.

That makes me mental.  >:(

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #210 on: May 22, 2013, 01:18:41 PM »
Ah, that's nothing.  I do that all the time.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #211 on: May 22, 2013, 01:32:21 PM »
Take the stairs you lazy :censored:.     ;)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #212 on: May 22, 2013, 01:43:34 PM »
 :P

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #213 on: May 22, 2013, 02:20:59 PM »
Take the stairs you lazy :censored:.     ;)
I usually do, but I was in a hurry  :censored:  ;)

Now I got a new one. Short guys with little legs that can barely reach the next step telling you to take the stairs.  :rotflmao:

That makes me crazy!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #214 on: May 22, 2013, 02:22:58 PM »
I usually do, but I was in a hurry  :censored:  ;)

Now I got a new one. Short guys with little legs that can barely reach the next step telling you to take the stairs.  :rotflmao:

That makes me crazy!

What did you say your inseam is?     :finger_fing11:

short people by randy newman

:rotflmao:

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #215 on: May 22, 2013, 02:35:22 PM »
I hate  :censored: impatient people... who are actually slower than I am!

Flying back from Phoenix.... had my tie dyed Who shirt on.  Monkey suit dude was frantically taking shoes and belt (crap) off to get thru the sniffer, and I'm ahead of him.  He looks at me and says... "OK. Jerry Garcia... I'm in a hurry.  You have a problem with me cutting in front of you?"... I said, "No Mr. Anderson... I don't... but I'm already done... and you forgot to take off your cuff links!  See ya on the other side!".   ;D

He was almost the same shade of red as my C14... almost!  8)
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline AZ-ZG

« Reply #216 on: May 28, 2013, 10:42:46 PM »
While the puff of feathers is funny,  ;D,  the two hours or more of baking chicken on my headers in traffic after a bird strike makes me crazy.  Crazy Hungry.   :thumbs:
I live. I ride. I am. ZG14 
IBA#53928

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
« Reply #217 on: May 28, 2013, 10:56:34 PM »
Just fly an 'eggbeater' then because winds direction does not matter?

If the wings are moving faster than the fuselage, the plane is configured for a crash, and therefore unsafe for flight.

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline AZ-ZG

« Reply #218 on: May 28, 2013, 11:41:30 PM »
Doesn't matter if whirly-bird or fixed wing. ::)
All take off and landing should be into the wind.
 Helps provide lift.  ;)
Tetrahedrons, windsocks, and AWOS are your friend!
Don't want yer tail swatted into the ground, do you? :P

Check ride? 
No pressure there, eh?  :o
I live. I ride. I am. ZG14 
IBA#53928

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #219 on: May 29, 2013, 01:41:02 PM »
Doesn't matter if whirly-bird or fixed wing. ::)
All take off and landing should be into the wind.
 Helps provide lift.  ;)
Tetrahedrons, windsocks, and AWOS are your friend!
Don't want yer tail swatted into the ground, do you? :P

Check ride? 
No pressure there, eh?  :o

True dat! At Meadowlake airport in Colorado (where I had a 1947 Aeronca 7AC) the prevailing winds were for runway 15 which was downhill. Good for takeoff bad for landing. Every once in awhile we would get some north winds. And if the wind was light, Cessna drivers would still be using 15 for touch and go's because at 7,000' climbing out up hill in an under powered plane was a bad idea. I had a rag wing tail dragger. Landing downhill downwind in a tail dragger is also a very bad idea even in light wind. I would have to break into traffic and tell them I have to land on 33. Used to drive me crazy.