Author Topic: Got a call from HD to ride a Live Wire in Austin  (Read 3118 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Got a call from HD to ride a Live Wire in Austin
« on: November 19, 2014, 02:29:45 PM »
Just got a marketing call from HD inviting me to go ride a Live Wire in Austin TX. Timing couldn't be worse. Has to be this Thursday or Friday. I got way too much work to do before leaving for Thanksgiving week. But they said you could walk in to ride one. I'm guessing they have a factory truck there. Anybody in the Austin area that has some time could take the opportunity to give one a try. If nothing else it should be interesting. Its at the HD at 10917 S I-35 Frontage Road.

Offline John Mc

Re: Got a call from HD to ride a Live Wire in Austin
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 03:12:58 PM »
Several friends test rode the electrics at New Orleans Harley.  They were impressed.  The bikes look nice and the factory reps said that by the time they are released, the battery life will be improved.  It is good to see a more mainstream manufacturer is getting into the business.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2014, 05:19:02 PM »
Man, gotta login to see whenthey will be neer me... nothing better than buying a first year bike, full of unknown problems and being the lab rat.. not like I never did that before....hehehehe

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 06:01:02 PM »
I'm dying to see how the noise generator sounds. ::)
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 09:00:33 PM »
Hardly-Ableson, always "behind" the others. Brammo is years up on them and selling well in Florida.  Wicked fast bikes.

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 06:19:54 AM »
Unless I could afford a separate bike just for commuting, it will be a long time before electric bikes would work for me. I like to hop on a bike and it and take a trip to the next state or 3 on a whim. That said, I still think it would be interesting to go ride one.

Offline wahrsuul

• This is personal, stop reading it!
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2014, 12:02:43 PM »
Electric bikes still wouldn't work for commuting for me.  They have barely enough range, and no carrying capacity.
1999 C-10: Knee savers, Givi trunk, Rifle windshield, KB risers, K&N...and counting...

What did I do to deserve this life?  And how do I do it again?

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2014, 12:11:20 PM »
Hardly-Ableson, always "behind" the others. Brammo is years up on them and selling well in Florida.  Wicked fast bikes.

Saw one of those at EICMA. First I'd heard of them, pretty cool