Author Topic: BRP over this past weekend  (Read 2751 times)

Offline Boonedawg

• Arena
    • Jet Associates East
BRP over this past weekend
« on: June 13, 2011, 06:10:16 AM »
to tired to write, but will later today.  WOW what a ride.  I want to thank all the Concours14 developers for designing a bike that was meant for that type of trip!

Offline Boonedawg

• Arena
    • Jet Associates East
Re: BRP over this past weekend
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 11:31:02 AM »
Alright....were to start, friday I was packed and ready to ride, however the two riding buddies didn't make it to my house till almost 4 pm...decision time, we didn't have a route planned--gonna wing it.  North to Sandusky for "bike week" or south with the goal to touch the BRP?  My vote south, it was agreed, SOUTH.  Skinned out rte. 21 to rte 30 to Route 77 destination Charleston WV.  rolled in at 8:40 shacked up at the Fairfield Inn $99.  Nice place biker friendly.  Weather/rain when we arose, so put an a delay.  Buddies called the local bike shop to see if they would assist in a ride.  They suggested jumping on Route 60, what a excellent choice we continued on 60 to White Sulfer Springs where we grabbed a quick lunch talked with a couple riders who suggested Route 311---NOW THIS ROAD WAS BUILT FOR THE CONNIE!!!! AWESOME STRETCH highly recommend. Took 311 to Roanoke where our quest to ride on the BRP was fulfilled.  We stayed on BRP all the way to Fancy Gap, jumped off up Rte 77 to Hillsville, bedded down at a Holiday inn Express.  Good rooms $119, pool, hot tub....sleep.  Next morning headed north up 77 to Bland W.V. (spotted a silver connie headed for the "tail of the dragon" off rte 42 while I was fueling) jumped on Rte 52 for a super scenic ride (200 miler).  Ran into some rain in Williamson WV, from there up Rte 119 to Rte 77 and home....Long weekend GREAT Ride.

Offline S.Ga.Rider

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 05:26:36 AM »
Any suggestions on the brp? I am making the in july. We are starting on skyline drive and riding it all the way to cherokee.

Offline Boonedawg

• Arena
    • Jet Associates East
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 06:32:21 AM »
we were only on it a short 75 miles.  Nice, laid back road...in my opinion geared much more for harley baggers, glides and wings.  The 45 mph is a BUZZ KILL not that I needed to rip through the whole time but it get's OLD.  I think that the area has MUCH better roads, in my opinion.  BRP is cool, the harley guys i was with loved it, had there tunes going...cool but monotonous.

I loved route 311 in Roanoke, I also like route 52.  There is a road out of Bland where you take route 42 till ends once there I'm not sure what way you turn but a couple guys were telling us they call it the "Tail of the Dragon" I think its route 16 ---33 miles of serious twisties through two mountains.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 09:58:07 AM »
We did part of the BRP coming home from Fontana in 09, I'm glad someone else said it cause after about 50 miles, I was really ready to get off the damn thing. Nice scenery, nice road, not much traffic, but excruciatingly BORING after....uh, about 50 miles. Just take the 50 miles and multiply it and thats pretty much it. Beautiful, no other road like it, but to ride the whole thing? On purpose? I'll pass, and thats fine. Much, much better roads nearby for me.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Conrad

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 08:19:00 AM »
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 08:46:11 AM »
We did part of the BRP coming home from Fontana in 09, I'm glad someone else said it cause after about 50 miles, I was really ready to get off the damn thing. Nice scenery, nice road, not much traffic, but excruciatingly BORING after....uh, about 50 miles. Just take the 50 miles and multiply it and thats pretty much it. Beautiful, no other road like it, but to ride the whole thing? On purpose? I'll pass, and thats fine. Much, much better roads nearby for me.

Just ride the NC side........that aint boring, and especially if you can maintain 45/50 the "whole time". ;)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey