Author Topic: Opinions, ideas, and concepts wanted - C14 color schemes???  (Read 78197 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Opinions, ideas, and concepts wanted - C14 color schemes???
« on: March 06, 2013, 10:26:59 PM »
Ok, it seems the cat is out of the bag now in the wanted section so per the request from my bro Gsun I'll go ahead and post this up in the main section for all to dive in full force and give their thoughts/ideas...  :) :grouphug: :chugbeer:

As some of you may know, when I was procuring C14 bodywork pieces for my "Go Green" paint project, right at the end of the journey I picked up a complete 3rd set of bodywork at too good of a price to pass up...

I'm now trying to decide what to do with this 3rd set of bodywork...

I have a concept in mind that I think would be pretty cool, somewhat docile compared to the green set, but I think it still would be cool...  8)

Let me know your thoughts on this concept, but also please chime in on any other possible color/concepts that you'd like to see, let the ideas flow guys, don't hold back!  ;) :chugbeer:

Ok, here's what I'm currently thinking...  ???

I'm thinking have that 3rd set of bodywork done in this special "frosted black" (it's a flat black with a slight blue'sh tint hue pearl that only really shows in full sun over it and then mutliple clear coats over that, it's a really sick paint in person but from afar is pretty plain Jane, very opposite of the Golden Blaze green bodywork currently being done) and then do gold anodized wheels to match my Ohlins forks...  :o

Whatcha think?

Just an idea for now, but the more I think about it the more I'm liking the concept...  8)

And do the badges in a gloss black...  :-\

Offline jamiemac

Re: Opinions, ideas, and concepts wanted - C14 color schemes???
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 10:56:36 PM »
Here is an idea I have been tossing around in My head for a while. I'm thinking about an aircraft themed paint scheme. Going with a bright silver base, and airbrushing lines and shadows to make it appear as if the body is made of aluminum patches, with rivets on the seams. Even doing some smoked airbrushing behind the rear fairing vents to make it look like exhaust comes from there and dirties up the paint behind it. Possibly some WWII style nose art, if I could find a suitable idea for it. I think I have one. Be a lot of work, and I'd have to find an artist to do the nose art. Probably be hard to find one here.
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 11:02:42 PM »
Here is an idea I have been tossing around in My head for a while. I'm thinking about an aircraft themed paint scheme. Going with a bright silver base, and airbrushing lines and shadows to make it appear as if the body is made of aluminum patches, with rivets on the seams. Even doing some smoked airbrushing behind the rear fairing vents to make it look like exhaust comes from there and dirties up the paint behind it. Possibly some WWII style nose art, if I could find a suitable idea for it. I think I have one. Be a lot of work, and I'd have to find an artist to do the nose art. Probably be hard to find one here.

Any pics of the concept JM? Post em up bro, the pics don't need to be bike specific, just something to show the concept from 100 feet would be cool to see and better understand yer vision....  :-\ 

Offline connie1

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 11:04:20 PM »
+1 on the ohlins gold wheels.
+10 on the frosted black.  It took me a while to analyze but it is really sweet the more you look at the examples.
 The only other color I'd like to see on this bike would be a charcoal-bronze small flake metallic. (maybe a bit boring for a project paint though)
Man do I love this bike! Red '09

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 11:08:20 PM »
The only other color I'd like to see on this bike would be a charcoal-bronze small flake metallic. (maybe a bit boring for a project paint though)

Hmmmm.... Not sure I know the color C1, you got any pics of that color that you can post up from a google search or anything bro?  :-\

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 11:11:52 PM »

Any pics of the concept JM? Post em up bro, the pics don't need to be bike specific, just something to show the concept from 100 feet would be cool to see and better understand yer vision....  :-\
I'll do some searching. I'm not sure I'll find anything like what I'm thinking of though. My brain has some pretty weird stuff floating around in it. LOL
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2013, 11:17:32 PM »
My brain has some pretty weird stuff floating around in it. LOL

Trust me... as does mine bro, as does mine...  ;) :chugbeer:

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2013, 11:19:06 PM »
Here is an aviation theme that's pretty well done on a Duc.

motocopter

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2013, 06:42:17 AM »
Ok, it seems the cat is out of the bag now in the wanted section so per the request from my bro Gsun I'll go ahead and post this up in the main section for all to dive in full force and give their thoughts/ideas...  :) :grouphug: :chugbeer:

...for all to dive in full force and give their thoughts/ideas...  :) :grouphug: :chugbeer:

...dive in full force...  :grouphug: :chugbeer:

...div...force...   :chugbeer:

...divorce...   

8)

Put the green-meanie Connie in a 10-day auction on ebay! 

It would surely be the first Concours 14 going north of $20k!

The event would be purgatory to the Ohlins/black-out and the current go-green events!  :thumbs:

(by the way, I'm a supporter of the green and anxious to see it standing tall in the streets)

:popcorn:

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2013, 06:55:54 AM »
Here is an aviation theme that's pretty well done on a Duc.

:pukeface:

My two cents  :)

Offline connie1

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2013, 09:02:00 AM »
Hey ZG
The color I see in my head is hard to duplicate.  I'll keep looking for pics.
Imagine a metallic charcoal base layer with a bronze candy over it.  For the most part being quite dark but the light grabbing the bronze.
One of my artistic kids said that would look good with copper too.  Maybe gold.
I'll keep searching.

Anyway I still like that frosted black for it's cool quotient.
Man do I love this bike! Red '09

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2013, 09:59:34 AM »
I have to admit that the frosted black duc looks pretty sic!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2013, 10:14:13 AM »
I have to admit that the frosted black duc looks pretty sic!

+1!

The aviation theme not so much.   :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2013, 10:39:10 AM »
Here are a few custom colors.

For aviation theme I like the Blue Angels color.

This would look sic goin by on one wheel.  ;D

Skittles????

Interesting design on top of the bike.

Hmmm

I could match my tattoos.  :thumbs:

I still think you should of gone with John Deere green.  :P

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2013, 03:16:51 PM »
The aviation theme not so much.   :o

Agreed! But the blue angels is better.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2013, 03:36:00 PM »
Agreed! But the blue angels is better.

WAY better!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2013, 06:28:37 PM »
That Duc is pretty ugly. Wish I could find something better. Nothing on the net like what I'm thinking though. It would be cost prohibitive, anyways.

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2013, 06:43:23 PM »
Not a fan of flat black vehicles.  Reminds me of being in high school where my friends could only afford to restore bikes and cars to primer and never got any further.

Here are some photos of an Air Force theme bike.

My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline Gsun

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2013, 10:16:22 PM »
No divorce for ZG! But I bet he's goin to church daily!!!

Offline Glennn

• Metric Rider
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2013, 02:04:23 AM »
Keep one set for your single colour set, but use the other to go for a theme.  Here's a link to I site I once kept updated, but has some different paint schemes.

http://www.roadstarmagazine.com/category/custom-paint/

Heck you have a lot of canvas (compared to a cruiser's tank and fenders), an American flag theme that fades out into a burning hot streak could run well if you were the overt patriotic type.
2012 Midnight Sapphire Blue 1400GTR
1999 Yamaha Road Star
Canberra, Australia
CDA #390