Author Topic: Cross Reference Guide  (Read 2118 times)

Offline SlowSam

• 1987 C-10 sans plastic
Cross Reference Guide
« on: December 12, 2011, 09:54:52 PM »
This is probably going to sound remedial but I have to ask. . .

Is there any cross reference guide or table for parts for the the pre - 1994 C-10, [1986 - 1993]?  I'm talking industry wide here = factory and aftermarket, irregardless of OEM.

If not . . . would this be a project worth compiling?  I mean, it would be great to find out that a J-box from a 1990 Suzuki also bolts right on to the Concours; [just a "what-if" example].

And before you all dial in to tell me, "yeah, great idea!  Why don't YOU do it?"  I am sincerely considering the project.  However, my computer skills are barely "user" level and my attention span is . . . well, like most of us nearer to 60 then 50.  Note: the use of "dial" at the beginning of the paragraph.

I am also not the most mechanically, or intuitively, inclined.  I don't have garage space, or access to same.  And no, I'm not even going to go into what tools I don't have.  That kind of puts a "hands-on" perspective into a "hands-off" reality. 

What I do have is "time."  Due to the current economy I'm employed for less then 30 hours/week.

SO. . . meaningless ramble, or possible project?  However, I'm sure I'm not the only person over the past 2.5 decades to consider such a cross-reference table.

Saludos, todos.

Farkles: Fork Brace.  Braided steel lines.  Upgraded brakes; springs & pads.  Motor rebuilt by 4 & 6 Racing; flouroscoped/blueprinted 2000.  Looking to do more in the very near future.

Offline Rick Hall

• Administrator
  • Eruption
Re: Cross Reference Guide
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 12:12:25 AM »
Many cross reference parts, particularly bearings and seals. Many generic parts you can get at a local auto/bearing supplier. Body/frame parts are more less interchangeable between all 1986 and 1993 models, and 1994 to 2007 models. Engines across all years are more/less identical.

Anything in particular you're looking for?

Rick
Rick Hall     1994 ZG 1000 "Sam"      xCOG #1914 (CO)
  GfNi H.P.   DOD #2040   1kQSPT 14.16   IBA #3274
    The Kawasaki Concours page at: www.zggtr.org

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
Re: Cross Reference Guide
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 08:26:43 PM »
Sure, COG has had that available for many years; it includes automotive parts that are direct replacements at about 1/4 of what big K wants. Steve