Author Topic: ZGGTR vs COG Forum  (Read 27798 times)

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
Re: ZGGTR vs COG Forum
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2014, 04:56:46 AM »
We pretty much take all kinds.
Even me.
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2014, 06:25:21 AM »
some of the members here (like BDF) also contribute tons of great info to both sites.
Well, he contributes tons of something.   ;D
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline Racer Boy

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2014, 07:46:34 AM »
It seems that you haven't paid a visit to the Arena?

I'm guessing that is where there are political discussions? I try to avoid those like the plague!

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2014, 08:37:49 AM »
Wrong forum.

:rotflmao:

Brian

Well, he contributes tons of something.   ;D
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2014, 09:51:42 AM »
It seems that you haven't paid a visit to the Arena?

The arena here is tame......trust me.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2014, 11:11:43 AM »
I frequent both, it helps keep my post count down...  :) :chugbeer:

They do have a different "feel" to them IMO, but I think it's more about the bike than the forum/club itself...

The COG forum seems to have more C10 folks, this forum seems to have more C14 folks...

example:
Look at the post counts on here for the C14 and C10 sections, 90k posts in C14 section vs only 20k posts in the C10 section...
Over on COG, it's 45k posts in the C14 section vs 55k posts in the C10 section.

Not that there's anything wrong with the C10's (ok maybe there is...  ;) j/k ;D )... :grouphug: :chugbeer:

But the personalities and posts of C10 owners are quite different than personalities and posts of C14 owners, again just my opinion.

The C14 folks as a whole IMO are most likely a little younger and definitely not as "frugal" of a crowd compared to the C10 folks, not all but many I think C14 owners are recently transitioning from full on sport bikes to sport touring bikes and the C14 is a nice fit/transition, at least it was for me.

C14 owners already ponied up and bought a $10k+ bike and don't sweat putting even more $ into farkles for it. The C10 folks most likely bought their bike for a couple grand (maybe long time owners got theirs back in the day when newer/new for approx $5k'sh), their mind set (again just my opinion) is that they try to stretch every dollar spent on their bike a lot more than the average C14 owner.

This IMO translates into more boring docile threads/topics in the C10 sections, (ie longest lasting slab tire, best mpg, what can you fix with a zip-tie vs replacing it etc).

Vs the C14 sections seem to be a little more geared towards performance and newest/latest farkle etc...  :-\

I like all most all bikes and have nothing against C10's or C10 owners, I can ride, hang, drink, etc with all of them. My point though is that there does seem to be different personalities between the C14 and C10 owners, and therefor as a whole this makes the forums "feel" a little different due to the mass population on each.

Of the 2 forums I prefer this one, it's a lot more fun and lively, and you can post things on here that you definitely can't post over on the COG forum.

Not that there's anything wrong with it but many times over on the COG forum has been voiced by the runners/mods of it that if it's not appropriate for my grandkid to walk behind me and see what I'm looking at or reading then it doesn't belong on here.
I say screw that, tell your grandkids to go in the other room or get on their own favorite grandkid forum... ;D :chugbeer:

Sorry for the long-winded post...

We should all give Rick a big thumbs up and thanks for creating this great forum and letting us all play on here as we please.

Thanks Rick, you da'man!! :thumbs: :grouphug: :chugbeer:

And a big thanks and shout-out to Sparky as well for how he mods this forum, the forum mod totally sets the tone for a forum and can make it great or lame IMO, and this one is great!
Thanks Sparky for all your hard work moderating not over moderating!   :thumbs: :grouphug: :chugbeer:

Offline Racer Boy

« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2014, 12:21:28 PM »
ZG, I think you hit the nail on the head! You were able to articulate my feelings about the two forums perfectly.

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2014, 12:26:57 PM »
Holy :censored: Jay, that is a whole lot of opinion followed up by a whole lot of :censored: kissin from you.  ;D

And no pictures? You're killin me.  :rotflmao:

I like both forums and spend way to much time on both. Sometimes it bothers me I have to go two different places for the same type of info, but then I stop over thinking it and move on.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2014, 12:54:25 PM »
Well, you could try three places.  The UK forum is pretty good and I think totally devoted to the GTR1400.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2014, 01:00:34 PM »
Holy :censored: Jay, that is a whole lot of opinion followed up by a whole lot of :censored: kissin from you.  ;D

And no pictures? You're killin me.  :rotflmao:

No more farkle hand-me-downs for you bro...

You're on yer own now...  ;D

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2014, 01:02:16 PM »
Well, you could try three places.  The UK forum is pretty good and I think totally devoted to the GTR1400.

Indeed Sparky, I like it over there too, but have to google some of the words...  ;D :chugbeer:

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2014, 01:16:34 PM »
example:
Look at the post counts on here for the C14 and C10 sections, 90k posts in C14 section vs only 20k posts in the C10 section...
Over on COG, it's 45k posts in the C14 section vs 55k posts in the C10 section.
Not that there's anything wrong with the C10's (ok maybe there is...  ;) j/k ;D
More posts in the C14 sections would seem to indicate that there's more wrong with the C14s than the C10s.   ::)
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2014, 01:27:19 PM »
 :yikes:

Indeed Sparky, I like it over there too, but have to google some of the words...  ;D :chugbeer:

>:( ;)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2014, 01:44:47 PM »
Well, spit the dummy Gov!

Yeah, you need and English - English converter for that place. And then a monetary converter. And a map. The coup de grâce for me is when they mix in French terms though....  :rotflmao:

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2014, 01:46:57 PM »
Could be. But maybe it is just because so many C-10 guys are dialing into their local BBS to chat about their bikes....?  Usin' lots o' scary words like 'petcock' and 'hydrolock' that have not made it to the Interwebs yet.

;D

Brian

More posts in the C14 sections would seem to indicate that there's more wrong with the C14s than the C10s.   ::)

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2014, 03:29:45 PM »

The latest one is titled 'Full blown hydrolock'
 :rotflmao:

Could be. But maybe it is just because so many C-10 guys are dialing into their local BBS to chat about their bikes....?  Usin' lots o' scary words like 'petcock' and 'hydrolock' that have not made it to the Interwebs yet.

;D

Brian

omcrider

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2014, 03:53:30 PM »
Wow when I posted this topic I wasn't sure I would get much response but reading through all these I found myself chuckling out loud and having a good time. I do believe that would hint to me that I am on the correct forum. I know I have found terrific help here in the couple months I have been on it. I have PMed a few people and everyone seems to be more then willing to help and some going out of there way and I much appreciate that and the good vibe it gives me. Roll on my brothers and thanks for being there.  :chugbeer: :thumbs:

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2014, 04:06:04 PM »
Well, three pages really isn't much of a long thread at all. If you really want to poke the monster in the eye with a stick, make a joke about Harleys or start a 'car tires on motorcycles' thread.  :yikes:  :-)  And if you are feeling particularly edgy, ask if KiPass is a good system or not.... although in recent times, even that most contentious of issues has calmed down quite a bit. But here is one I've been meaning to give a whirl:

'Why, when I was a kid and we walked to school in snowstorms without any fobs at all.....'

Brian

Wow when I posted this topic I wasn't sure I would get much response but reading through all these I found myself chuckling out loud and having a good time. I do believe that would hint to me that I am on the correct forum. I know I have found terrific help here in the couple months I have been on it. I have PMed a few people and everyone seems to be more then willing to help and some going out of there way and I much appreciate that and the good vibe it gives me. Roll on my brothers and thanks for being there.  :chugbeer: :thumbs:

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2014, 05:52:45 PM »
 Interesting to see some of the attitudes expressed here about the c-10 guys... and by whom. Steve

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2014, 06:05:54 PM »
I was wondering when a C10/C14 owner would start posting..  Thanks.  Although, as most threads go, it morphed from ZGGTR vs COG to C10 vs C14 owners.  As one of the older forum members who has owned both bikes, I can see both sides of this.  I'm glad for my 5 year stint with an '02, but even more glad to have experienced a C14.