Author Topic: naked C10 Gauges  (Read 2275 times)

Offline sport rider

naked C10 Gauges
« on: March 06, 2019, 06:28:12 PM »
Can anyone point me to gauges that would work on the C10 going naked?  Anyone installed some?

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Re: naked C10 Gauges
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 09:41:08 PM »
best bet is the ones from an '86 Ninja 1000  84-86 GPZ900R
they have a plastic rear housing, and 2 mounting holes along the bottom edge...
What I used on my COGZilla nekid bike...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 01:10:07 PM by MAN OF BLUES »

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline sport rider

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 07:49:21 AM »
thanks Rich.  only one I have found so far is pretty beat up.  others have the open back for a fairing.  May just have to go with something aftermarket.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2019, 12:47:19 PM »
I think I gave you the wrong bike originally... best bet is look for 84-85 GPZ900r cluster... that's the one with the bottom mounts, and back cover...
It's been a long time since I looked...
here's a bunch of them....

https://www.ebay.com/b/Motorcycle-Instrument-Clusters-for-Kawasaki-Ninja-900R/178012/bn_21483062

keep looking, it's really the best option, as it's "plug-n-play", direct mate up...
the only "mod" you need to do using these is to snip the wire on the Conni harness that runs power to the clock (iirc it's a white wire, but check schematic).. there is no clock on the Ninja, and that wire position in the connector will make the "kickstand down" light on the Ninja cluster glow continously..

Nice feature on the Ninja cluster is the button that when pressed, turns the tach into a Voltmeter while holding the button down...
here's one, so you have the picture... make sure it has the "back" like this one does...
https://www.ebay.com/i/352160131055?chn=ps

can't tell if that one has the plugs tho... looks hinky...
I also recall some other Ninja (same era) models had the closed back, and are plug n play...

the other "style" with the open back, you can tell it from the front as those have "mounting holes" at the ends, by the small temp/fuel meters... don't bother with that type...

good luck

Offline sport rider

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2019, 02:51:55 PM »
that second link you sent me is one that I found.  a bit beat up.  The other link shows some better options.  thanks for the input!

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2019, 04:38:47 PM »
that second link you sent me is one that I found.  a bit beat up.  The other link shows some better options.  thanks for the input!

shoot me a p/m when you get one, and I'll dig up my bracket mount photos (from my other computer) and end them to you.. they really do mount up nice, and work well..

good luck,