Author Topic: Leather UP . com?  (Read 4856 times)

Conair

Leather UP . com?
« on: January 02, 2016, 01:48:16 PM »
Anyone order from these guys, Any good experiences? Or junk store! Some of the Jackets look nice, but I'd rather visit the local stealers they carry alot of Joe Rocket .  :-\

Offline fred-houston

• Arena
Re: Leather UP . com?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 07:53:58 PM »
I just recently purchased some gloves from them.  They were not expensive gloves, just some cool weather unlined leather gauntlet gloves.  I felt they were worth or actually better than what I paid for them.  I can't speak about their pants and jackets, I have never ordered anything else from them.
2001 BMW R1150GS
1999 C-10 (Semi Naked) EFI

Offline Superzuki

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 06:14:03 AM »
I bought a leather jacket, it looks like a shirt. The collar has snaps so it doesn't flap, an extra I didn't expect at the price. A nylon and leather jacket that was cheap cheap, cheap,,,but so was the price. A pair of leather pants that were ok, but very small.  Here's another cut rate leather spot...

http://www.topgearleather.com/

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 07:58:56 AM »
I've gotten a few things there via Amazon with no problem.
2014 C-14 Red

Offline nevadazx12

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 05:49:43 PM »
I have bought boots, a helmet and some leather saddle bags from them over the years.  Boots are very good quality wise, helmet and bags haven't been used much yet.  Bags were well built.  When I had an issue with the helmet liner not being glued correctly and loose, their customer service was very responsive, they even paid for the return shipping.  So my experiences have been positive.
1986 Connie
1974 BMW 90/6
1964 Triumph T100SC

Offline amphibsailor

• Just call me Cap'n Crunch, Ted.
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 12:34:48 AM »
I've heard their stuff is not bad for the price.  Also heard their leather is from Pakistan and doesn't hold its color well (after rain).  I'd go ahead and treat it with some mink oil ahead of time to help its water proofing (don't know if that will help with the dye, though).
09 Concours aka Cruncher: Corbin Canyon Dual Sport (Laam for longer trips, Corbin Modular with Smuggler for mid-length trips), Top Blocks, Penske 8983, Traxxion AK20s, Helibars Horizon ST bars w/Galfer SS +6 lines, MRA Vario Touring Windscreen/Madstad brackets (Copper Dawg on the way),  Area P full system, throttle tamer, Steve's Flash.

Offline Mikewhite322

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2016, 10:16:27 AM »
I purchased a vented jacket last summer from them. It was delivered quickly and have not had any issues with it all. Fits as I expected based on the reviews. I will defiantly use them again, just pay attention to the reviews for sizing.