Author Topic: Knob key won't come out...well, it finally did!  (Read 19286 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Knob key won't come out
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2013, 06:42:15 PM »
 :yikes: ouch!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2013, 06:35:40 AM »
With my Infiniti, I never touch a key or mess with the fob.  It is just in my jacket.  When I get close the car, I can open the doors or trunk with my hand and start the car with a finger.  THAT is what I would want on the Concours :)   (Open bags, seat, gas tank, and start, all without a metal, insert-it-type key)

That's the way my Vee Dubbya is too. It's a true keyless system. If I do want to dig the fob out of my pocket I can use it to open/close all the windows, including the sunroof.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline koval68

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2013, 08:50:12 AM »
That's the way my Vee Dubbya is too. It's a true keyless system. If I do want to dig the fob out of my pocket I can use it to open/close all the windows, including the sunroof.
If you really want to know how good your FOB is, you will have to trust Brian (B.D.F.) with it.......

And if you're a non-believer, you will pay the price.....
Tom"Killer"Kowalski   COG#9263  Newmarket,Ontario
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline kwakrider

• Black- 2009
« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2013, 01:02:59 AM »
If you really want to know how good your FOB is, you will have to trust Brian (B.D.F.) with it.......

And if you're a non-believer, you will pay the price.....

:rotflmao: Brilliant...

Offline clogan

« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2013, 06:56:52 PM »
I just put a pair of vice grips on mine and jerked it out.

Followed Booger's lead: grabbed the knob with rubber grip gloves, both hands, and it came out. Yup: it was bent all right. I straightened it out, lubed it up real good with graphite lock lube, and now it works fine. I'll be more careful from now on with the gashole...that's where I bent it, no doubt. I also cut a spare key, then cut it to fit into a small radio knob. Cemented the key into the radio knob with JB Weld. I'll leave this new "radio knob key" in my seat lock...looks like any other knob to the untrained eye. If I get worried about security, which is a very rare occaision, I can just pocket my hide-in-plain-sight hidey spare.

Thanks, Booger!
2010 Neptune blue C14
2009 blue KLR
2013 DRZ400

Offline clogan

« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2013, 07:21:25 PM »
Here's the "radio knob " key.
2010 Neptune blue C14
2009 blue KLR
2013 DRZ400

Offline Sgt Mac

Re: Knob key won't come out...well, it finally did!
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2013, 08:10:50 PM »
pretty slick, one more thing for the to-do list