Author Topic: Unbeliveably ironic  (Read 14947 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Unbeliveably ironic
« Reply #100 on: August 18, 2017, 03:29:18 PM »
So how do we address dissatisfaction of minorities?

The Federal and State Constitutions (and in this case, it would be State).  Those are the documents of principle that are supposed to keep the government in check and preserve the rights of everyone (minority or not).  But nobody has the right to not be "offended."  Yeesh.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
Re: Lightening it up a little :)
« Reply #101 on: August 18, 2017, 03:30:08 PM »
don't you mean high jinx ??

anyways a trunk is found on an elephant and a hood is something you wear on your head ;)

hmmm thinking about it a bonnet is also worn on the head and a boot is worn on your foot

Yeah, and doctors practise in a practice or vice- versa, right. And accounts perform in a surgery I believe.

Man, you got a tough language there. I get in trouble here with language here and we do not have all those complexities. Imagine the hi jinks if check had a 'q' or color had a 'u'?

:-)

Brian
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2017, 03:35:24 PM »
This is hilarious to me.  Just South of Nashville you can see this gem from I-65.  It is on private land so the city really can't do anything about.  And it is butt ugly.

Well, they can plant trees or something on public land so it can't be seen from the Interstate.  Nothing wrong with that.  And yes, it is butt-ugly.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2017, 03:41:51 PM »
Hey, while we are in this thread: do you have this ridiculously excessive politically correct garbage going on in England?

There did not seem to be much of any of it in Germany when I was there although the language was getting in the way for me to really get a pulse on that. Still, looking at an attractive woman, for example, would not get one arrested and saying 'Good morning Ladies' did not see to illicit screams of "We are not ladies, we are women!".

So, can you still call a wanker a wanker or it is now something like 'one who reciprocates'? All our terms are gone, and even thinking them gets us in trouble apparently. Though once in a while there is someone who graduated from the Archie Bunker school of conversation and the gems he comes out with will make anyone shake his / her head. And just about the time you recover from it he dishes up another one. Great guy, living in the past and in a very non- politically correct way, fun to listen to his antics. He is not a bad man and does no evil in the world that I know of so no harm done really.

Brian

don't you mean high jinx ??

anyways a trunk is found on an elephant and a hood is something you wear on your head ;)

hmmm thinking about it a bonnet is also worn on the head and a boot is worn on your foot
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #104 on: August 18, 2017, 04:01:07 PM »
OK, then I guess they are Asians.

And with that in mind, when I squint a little, that version of the Colonel looks just a little Asian too. Maybe that is their rendition of an American?

Brian

Thai workers carry a statue of Colonel Harland Sanders, founder of Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) out onto the street one of the fast food restaurants in Bangkok, Thailand January 27, 2004. Vietnam announced the closing of 8 outlets in order to change to a fish based menu. An outbreak of Bird Flu has ravaged poultry farms and could devastate the country's chicken export sector which is the worl's fourth largest worth 1.5 billion dollars. The Bird Flu (also called Avian Flu) has claimed six victims in Vietnam and one in Thailand. The World Health organization ( W.H.O.) said there was no evidence of person-to-person spread of the virus.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2017, 04:18:03 PM »
not that I've noticed, but then again I may be the wrong person to ask as several people in the office find it highly amusing when I swear on the phone whilst talking to many of my customers :)

(only the ones I've gotten to know well over the last 10 years I hasten to add. At the end of the day the B2B Telecoms world is very incestuous. Technically they 're my customers but they're not end users, those you speak differently too)

Hey, while we are in this thread: do you have this ridiculously excessive politically correct garbage going on in England?

There did not seem to be much of any of it in Germany when I was there although the language was getting in the way for me to really get a pulse on that. Still, looking at an attractive woman, for example, would not get one arrested and saying 'Good morning Ladies' did not see to illicit screams of "We are not ladies, we are women!".

So, can you still call a wanker a wanker or it is now something like 'one who reciprocates'? All our terms are gone, and even thinking them gets us in trouble apparently. Though once in a while there is someone who graduated from the Archie Bunker school of conversation and the gems he comes out with will make anyone shake his / her head. And just about the time you recover from it he dishes up another one. Great guy, living in the past and in a very non- politically correct way, fun to listen to his antics. He is not a bad man and does no evil in the world that I know of so no harm done really.

Brian
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #106 on: August 18, 2017, 05:59:45 PM »
Weren't most of the statues erected by Democrats?

Well, that's an interesting statement.  In the south, they may have been erected by what we call Southern Democrats and bear no relation whatsoever to the Democratic party of today.  Most of these SDs, switched over to the Republican side of things at some point.   So while your statement is indeed correct but not in the way you probably intended it to be read.  Side note, one of my relatives on my Dad's side was a Southern Democrat and served in the House and Senate from 1937 to 1979.   Even ran for Vice President at one time.

I sometimes stop and read the inscriptions on those statues and memorials but as one poster stated, most times I don't give them a second glance.

In Virginia the Governor has no say for the most part in removing these monuments.   It's either with the state Legislature and the local government officials.  It's going to be interesting to see what happens.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Democrats
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2017, 07:28:27 PM »
Well, that's an interesting statement.  In the south, they may have been erected by what we call Southern Democrats and bear no relation whatsoever to the Democratic party of today.  Most of these SDs, switched over to the Republican side of things at some point. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiprVX4os2Y

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2017, 08:10:10 PM »
Oh my...  I checked and he stayed Democrat until he left the Senate..  This is making my head spin.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2017, 05:51:17 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiprVX4os2Y

Some more of that 'inconvenient truth' stuff about the racist 'keep em' on the plantation' democrat party.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #110 on: August 19, 2017, 07:13:44 AM »
Guys, let's be careful with this one.  I don't want to move it to the Arena.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #111 on: August 19, 2017, 07:49:06 AM »
I don't see a need for plural :)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #112 on: August 19, 2017, 10:38:44 AM »
Are you immune?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #113 on: August 19, 2017, 10:40:04 AM »
Are you immune?

No, just more careful :)

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #114 on: August 19, 2017, 10:42:12 AM »
Hey Jim, it is your relatives in the wrong party......

:rotflmao:

Yeah, this has been quite civil so far. Kinda' surprised myself, and actually expected it would be there by now. Kudos fellow delicate thread posters.

Brian

Guys, let's be careful with this one.  I don't want to move it to the Arena.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #115 on: August 19, 2017, 03:50:40 PM »
No, just more careful :)
I go you go.  8)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #116 on: August 20, 2017, 07:36:51 AM »
Twits (plural).  Neither one of you is going anywhere.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 05:36:09 PM by VirginiaJim »