Author Topic: I wish I could drop 25lbs this easy  (Read 8597 times)

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
I wish I could drop 25lbs this easy
« on: March 10, 2012, 08:28:36 PM »
I decided on the Area P slip-on. I put it on a couple of days ago and I wish it would stop raining here in the NW so I could hear it more.

Before:

After:

Jay is gonna be jealous of my new black foot pegs, I knew the Buell would be good for something.  8)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 09:14:09 PM by LivnLoud »

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: I wish I could drop 25lbs this easy
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 08:42:59 PM »
>"Topic: I wish I could drop 25lbs this easy"

Yes, replacing the nice looking, perfectly fine, stock muffler with a smaller model will save weight.  But I don't think the weight difference is 25 pounds!  I have no data to the contrary, but I find that number to be unbelievable...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline EpicBadass

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 08:45:25 PM »
Very nice.  I gave up on the rain here stopping and I just forget about it and ride now  ;D

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 08:49:47 PM »

Yes, replacing the nice looking, perfectly fine, stock muffler with a smaller model will save weight.  But I don't think the weight difference is 25 pounds!  I have no data to the contrary, but I find that number to be unbelievable...

You're right Max, it's not 25 lbs, more like 30 lbs!!!  ;D ;D ;D

I decided on the Area P slip-on. I put it on a couple of days ago and I wish it would stop raining here in the NW so I could hear it more.

Jay is gonna be jealous of my new black foot pegs, I knew the Buell would be good for something.  8)

That looks sweet Gumbi, nicely done bro!!  8)

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 09:17:09 PM »
I may be a bit off on the weight,

nice looking, perfectly fine, stock muffler

but REALLY  :pukeface:

Offline Cuda

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 10:55:12 PM »
Yes you can LIPOSUCTION
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline galaxieman

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 11:04:37 PM »
AreaP advertises a 14lb weight savings for the slip-on, and 21lbs for the full system.  Still, dropping nearly 15lbs in minutes... even liposuction ain't got nothing on that!
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparat bellum.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 07:07:46 AM »
AreaP advertises a 14lb weight savings

OK, 14 pounds I can believe :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 07:42:16 AM »

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but you need to see your optometrist man!   ;)

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 07:43:25 AM »
I may be a bit off on the weight,

but REALLY  :pukeface:

The sticker on that can weights another 5 lbs, get that thing off of there.    8)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline W14

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 07:57:08 AM »
I was okay with looks my stock pipe until a non-motorcylist friend asked me what it was and said "Man that is ugly!" I decided on a new pipe to improve the looks and sound.

At the same time, Mr. Kawasaki must to be happy with it, as there are two of them on the new Z-14.

Ride On!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 08:08:05 AM »
I was okay with looks my stock pipe until a non-motorcylist friend asked me what it was and said "Man that is ugly!" I decided on a new pipe to improve the looks and sound.

At the same time, Mr. Kawasaki must to be happy with it, as there are two of them on the new Z-14.

Ride On!

Those are speed governors, they had to slow it down somehow.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2012, 09:35:29 AM »
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but you need to see your optometrist man!   ;)

LOL :)

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2012, 12:26:22 PM »

I'll admit that I'm OK with the Bazooka, and on the '10 and newer Connie's I think
it looks very good for it's size. If it was as quiet as the Bazooka I would go with the CS One
for looks (minus the gaudy lettering). However anyone that thinks a slip-on with flat end caps
(at either or both ends) hangin' on the end of a long bent pipe makes the bike "look" better
is/are the one(s) that need the eye examinations. Might just as well go to Midas for your bikes exhaust.
Perhaps on a bike like the KLR where "the gnarly look" is desired and cherished, but on a Connie?  :nuts:

The above was submitted with the same intensity, objectivity, offensiveness, and seriousness of a "which
color is fastest post", the answer of which is of course:
Blue;)

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2012, 12:29:45 PM »
I did the weigh-in with my stock pipe and my TBR, titanium pipe by standing on the scale and holding each one and doing the math and it was somewhere around 12-13lbs difference.
Just putting the pipe on the scale would not have read anything.
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips

Offline W14

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2012, 12:56:33 PM »
Other than knowing that my TB weighs less, I have not noticed any difference in how the bike handles;gas mileage is equal or less. So, what is all the fuss about the 12 or so pounds that are lose?

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2012, 01:28:13 PM »
Increased carrying capacity.

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2012, 01:45:28 PM »
Other than knowing that my TB weighs less, I have not noticed any difference in how the bike handles;gas mileage is equal or less. So, what is all the fuss about the 12 or so pounds that are lose?

For me, it's not the weight, it's the size since I ride 95% of the time without the saddlebags.
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2012, 02:19:25 PM »
For me, it's not the weight, it's the size since I ride 95% of the time without the saddlebags.

:goodpost:

Same with me. I ride with out the bags and the stock pipe looks like somebody strapped a cannon to my bike.

They should fire the engineer of that thing....

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2012, 03:15:31 PM »
:goodpost:

Same with me. I ride with out the bags and the stock pipe looks like somebody strapped a cannon to my bike.

They should fire the engineer of that thing....

That's one way to minimize boot scuffs on the tops of those side cases...  ;)