Author Topic: My first cross country ride. Now with a video slideshow (finished up last page)  (Read 13428 times)

Offline jamiemac

Re: My first cross country ride, and how it turned out.
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2013, 03:32:08 PM »
I got camp set up, and I was pretty pooped out, but I decided to fill My Camelbak water container and take My SLR out to shoot some pictures. It was worth the ride.

You can see The Colorado River down there.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 10:30:07 PM by jamiemac »
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2013, 03:35:25 PM »
More canyon pix

« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 10:33:44 PM by jamiemac »
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2013, 03:38:06 PM »
Here is the most epic shot I took during My entire trip. I caught a giant dust tornado on the other side of the canyon. It was a big one, and I'm glad it was on the other side. I was running a 55mm lens on My camera, so You will have to click the pic to enlarge it, then You will see it. It still gives Me chills to see it.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 10:36:14 PM by jamiemac »

Offline TallyRex

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2013, 04:44:08 PM »
Gotta give you a lot of credit for fulfilling your dream and not pussying out to your health issues.

Also, am enjoying your trip.  Keep it coming :thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2013, 05:12:03 PM »
Gotta give you a lot of credit for fulfilling your dream and not pussying out to your health issues.

Also, am enjoying your trip.  Keep it coming :thumbs: :thumbs:
Thanks! I had a hell of a time! I figured if My health was going to kill Me, it would be while I was having fun!

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2013, 05:21:39 PM »
Well, I only camped out one night at the canyon. My spidy sense was telling Me weather was changing, so on day 2, I took a few more pictures, and broke down My camp, then headed to a cheap motel about 20 miles from the canyon. $49 a night. That's almost as cheap as camping. The place I stayed that night had a hell of a steak dinner too, but that wasn't cheap. LOL

Next morning, I was all set to move on. I got a late start, and by the time I had the Connie loaded, and ate breakfast, it was pushing 11:00 AM. I got a move on toward the Meteor Crater near Winslow, AZ. I'd been there before, but never with any decent camera gear. This time I had My trusty Canon SLR, although it's a very old 20D, it's rugged as hell, and takes punishment like I'm sure the newer generation SLRs could not. My Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX HD also takes some decent shots, as some I've posted on here were shot by that, and You'd have a tough time telling the difference.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2013, 05:38:18 PM »
Irina is epic.  :hail:

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2013, 05:45:31 PM »
Irina is epic.  :hail:
Awesome Lady. I'm crazy about Her. I almost wish I lived in LA, but I'd probably murder a hippie within days of moving there, and wind up in prison. LOL

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2013, 06:02:13 PM »
They still make hippies?

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2013, 06:03:14 PM »
They still make hippies?
Yep. The factory is actually in Berkley.

Offline jamiemac

A good friend of mine created a video slideshow of My pictures. It's way better than anything I could have done.

https://vimeo.com/68262251

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
St Pauli Girl 2008. I knew she looked familiar.  :)

Offline jamiemac

St Pauli Girl 2008. I knew she looked familiar.  :)
Yup! She sent Me a poster a while back! She is amazing!

I can't find another pic of this poster on My computer.  :(

« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 12:18:08 PM by jamiemac »

Offline jamiemac

Arrived at Meteor Crater. The elevator to the museum was under construction, and I had to rest a few times walking up the hill to the ticket counter, but I got some great shots. I hope to stitch the pictures from the Canon SLR together for a panoramic type prints in the future. This shot was stitched together by My phone and is low resolution, but still pretty cool.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 12:19:56 PM by jamiemac »

Offline jamiemac

From Meteor Crater, I rode to Holbrook, AZ. Home of the Wigwam Motel. Still just like it was in the 50s, and each wigwam has a classic car parked in front as part of the decor. Very cool place, and I stayed there for $55 bucks!

If You click on this pic to bring it up in flickr, it rights itself.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 12:18:28 AM by jamiemac »

Offline Bryn

• Leicestershire.... in the heart of England
Those wigwams look fantastic... you'd never get a bargain like that over here  8)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
That's the original 'Notel Motel'

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
I like the slideshow, that is a great way to put photos together.  :thumbs:

I do I get me one of those framed St. Pauli Girl posters?  :)

Offline jamiemac

I like the slideshow, that is a great way to put photos together.  :thumbs:

I do I get me one of those framed St. Pauli Girl posters?  :)
I'm not sure Irina has any more of the posters. She was cleaning out Her closet when She told Me to keep an eye on My mailbox. I bought the frame. LOL

You can, however, follow Irina on twitter at @IrinaVoronona. Send Her a tweet that You are a new follower, and You saw Jamie's St. Pauli Girl poster, and wonder if there are anymore. She May have some. She'd prob ask You to buy one. Hope that doesn't offend. She, contrary to what people think, is not rolling in dough. LOL. She's very nice, and even though She has a lot of fans, She usually responds to new followers, as long as they are polite. A lot of the time they are not.

Offline jamiemac

While I was in Holbrook, it was only a short hop to Petrified Forest, so I too a ride over there that evening, hoping to catch some magic hour light in some pictures. The Painted Desert was there also, but it was overcast, and the light sucked. I took a few pictures though. Used flash enhancement, and they turned out fair.

Haahaa! Wood!

It also appears that actor Robert Duvall is now a Ranger at Petrified Forest.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 12:30:56 PM by jamiemac »