Author Topic: Mark Mattioli, father of son killed at Sandy Hook, talks about gun control  (Read 3381 times)

devilboy

I give this gentleman alot of credit for getting up there and speaking his mind.  Leaving the topic of gun laws for a second, the Biggest problem in America today is the lack of accountability for one's own actions or the actions of their minor children.
Everyone is looking to blame the teachers, the government etc  BUT  no one looks in the mirror and says to themselves  this is my fault.  Right after  accountability  is Entitlement.  Everyone wants a piece of the pie  but they dont want to work for it or earn it.
Criminals will use guns to rob and kill  and others say why should I work for 7-8 dollars/hr at some minimum wage job, when I am entitled to more? Our government is handing out $$ in the form of food stamps subsidized housing  and many other perks that far exceed  the minimum wage. who says you are entitled to anything if you dont work??
when my Grandparents came over to the US in the time period of 1895-1905, they had to do several things:
Get a Job  and learn how to speak English. if you didnt do these 2 basic things  you and your family starved.
I  don't understand why these things are not required today.....   I will step down off my soapbox  now.... thanks for listening to my rant....

Offline Strawboss

I agree devilboy, problem is, that kind of "old fashioned" thinking nowdays gets you called a bigot,racist, cold hearted evil conservative. I saw a PBS show last night about Henry Ford and how there were stipulations on earning his then amazing $5.00 a day wage while working at Ford, one which was to attend class and learn English among other things, there were a few others that could be called a bit invasive now, but then it was an accepted practice.  Anyway, looks like the video clip of this guy talking was altered to look as though someone from the gallery heckled him when in fact they did not, jeez, an altered video clip from a major news outlet to further an agenda, how surprising. We'll see more in the coming battle.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline wally_games

• Arena
I agree devilboy, problem is, that kind of "old fashioned" thinking nowdays gets you called a bigot,racist, cold hearted evil conservative. I saw a PBS show last night about Henry Ford and how there were stipulations on earning his then amazing $5.00 a day wage while working at Ford, one which was to attend class and learn English among other things, there were a few others that could be called a bit invasive now, but then it was an accepted practice.  Anyway, looks like the video clip of this guy talking was altered to look as though someone from the gallery heckled him when in fact they did not, jeez, an altered video clip from a major news outlet to further an agenda, how surprising. We'll see more in the coming battle.

Guess I missed that. Can you please tell me where in the clip you're talking about?
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold

Offline Strawboss

Its the clip they showed on one of the news agencies, the guy asks the crowd a question, and someone answers him in the background, and it was edited to not show him asking the question. I can't find it, I don't know how to retrieve it, I don't know where its posted, sorry, I saw it today.

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
Its the clip they showed on one of the news agencies, the guy asks the crowd a question, and someone answers him in the background, and it was edited to not show him asking the question. I can't find it, I don't know how to retrieve it, I don't know where its posted, sorry, I saw it today.
It was NBC News, specifically on MSNBC.

The Daily Caller had the story:  http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/29/no-a-sandy-hook-parent-did-not-get-heckled-by-gun-nuts/

You'd think NBC would learn from their past mistakes...  NBC News Caught Using Deceptive Edit … Again
NBC News just can't stop with its ongoing crusade to deliberately and maliciously manipulate content in order to push Obama's agenda. Just how shamelessly and desperately dishonest is the Peacock Network? Let us count the ways:

1. During last year's presidential election Andrea Mitchell was caught manufacturing a Romney gaffe where none existed.

2. During last year's GOP primary, Ed Schultz edited video of Texas Governor Rick Perry to make him look racist.

3.  In April of last year, the "Today Show" was caught editing audio of a 9-1-1 call to make George Zimmerman look racist.

4. In August of 2009, Contessa Brewer sliced and diced a photograph so it wouldn't look like a black man attended a Tea Party carrying a firearm.

And just today, NBC was caught in yet another malicious edit, this time to make Second Amendment advocates look as though they did something as heinous as heckling the heartsick father of a child who lost his six-year-old son in the Sandy Hook massacre.
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline Strawboss

Thanks, I'm at work and couldn't look it up. And that POS immigrant Piers Morgan even made a comment on it lending it credence and perpetuating the myth. Joseph Goebbels is smiling up from hell these days. And who put explosives in the side of a truck to make it explode when hit so Chevy would look bad?

devilboy

The only thing on your list I will agree with is being a cold hearted evil conservative.  My parents brought me up "color-blind"
never anything negative about people of different color, ethnicity, socio-economic strata. My parents taught me to respect my elders,say yes please and No thank you and to be courteous to those around you. I taught my daughters the same things and they are well adjusted normal young women that are professional students one working on her PHD and other working on her Masters. They are both self supporting with no help from Dad. they both operate in the black.  I  truly believe that common courtesy and manners are gone from many people these days.  I am 56 and my girls are 27 and 25... so I am not talking ancient history. I think many of the people here are in my approximate age group....

Offline timsatx

• Arena

You may be referring to the gentleman that was expressing his support of gun control. He had a child killed in Sandy Hook (I think) and was expressing his view and he was heckled by the pro 2nd crowd.

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
You may be referring to the gentleman that was expressing his support of gun control. He had a child killed in Sandy Hook (I think) and was expressing his view and he was heckled by the pro 2nd crowd.
But he wasn't heckled.  He asked a question, the audience thought it was rhetorical remained silent.  Then he started to say that no one could answer the question, which is when the audience realized that he was really addressing them.  That is when people in the audience started speaking. 

MSNBC has since updated their video to the unedited version.  Here's a good video of the original edit, and the actual footage, side by side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuTAip-h9DQ
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline Strawboss

Re: Mark Mattioli, father of son killed at Sandy Hook, talks about gun control
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 06:46:11 AM »
Yes, see how this story has grown and has a life of its own. Tell a lie enough times and it becomes the truth.

Offline timsatx

• Arena
Re: Mark Mattioli, father of son killed at Sandy Hook, talks about gun control
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2013, 06:52:03 AM »
Cam Edwards discusses this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUrEjt2dxvQ