Author Topic: Doh- it’s not a Road King  (Read 4573 times)

Offline texasdw

Doh- it’s not a Road King
« on: October 19, 2019, 06:11:10 AM »
I’m used to stepping up on my right side floorboard and throwing my left leg over. On an 800 lb touring bike leaning over on that HD jiffy stand that’s fine. Found out yesterday that technique won’t work on the Connie. Stand on your right peg and it’ll come right over at you!  Oh well. Less scratches than I’d have thought.

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
Re: Doh- it’s not a Road King
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2019, 08:36:38 AM »
I’m used to stepping up on my right side floorboard and throwing my left leg over. On an 800 lb touring bike leaning over on that HD jiffy stand that’s fine. Found out yesterday that technique won’t work on the Connie. Stand on your right peg and it’ll come right over at you!  Oh well. Less scratches than I’d have thought.
Oof!  You can do it, but you have to center your weight over the bike a bit.  I’ve always been able to throw my short legs over from the right side, though sometimes I do kick the left saddlebag...
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.