Author Topic: So, where did ZG go?  (Read 69874 times)

Offline sanmo

• Arena
Re: So, where did ZG go?
« Reply #220 on: August 04, 2016, 05:12:47 AM »
Wanting your wife to ride with one is understandable. I love having my wife ride with me but she cramps my style. When she rides if I don't stay within the speed limit I 'hear' about it over the intercom or from the back of my helmet.  :o

I never hear complaints about speed or lean angles since I take the slower/lower v-twin cruiser when my wife wants to ride with me. Her Majesty refuses to undergo the acrobat training needed to mount the C14 pillion.  ;D
2008 Silverdammit C14

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #221 on: August 04, 2016, 08:22:34 AM »
My wife doesn't ride. I still don't know if that's a good thing or bad. But if she did ride, I would prefer she rode her own bike and would be happy to buy her one. I've got to say that no way in hell would I spend days or even hours on the back of a bike. That wouldn't be fun and would be very uncomfortable. So I think she would be much happier with her own ride then on the back of mine.

Offline jonathan

« Reply #222 on: August 04, 2016, 09:26:38 AM »
My wife doesn't ride. I still don't know if that's a good thing or bad. But if she did ride, I would prefer she rode her own bike and would be happy to buy her one. I've got to say that no way in hell would I spend days or even hours on the back of a bike. That wouldn't be fun and would be very uncomfortable. So I think she would be much happier with her own ride then on the back of mine.

My wife and I agree with you. She has her own bike.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #223 on: August 04, 2016, 08:42:58 PM »
so, now, when you both ride, you have to spend extra time and care, watching her in your rear view mirror, wondering and worrying about her, not to mention maintaining 2 bikes, and 2 insurance policies.. and all for what?

let alone having to ride at a muchly reducd speed, and stopping often, Just to look at something you never would have stopped for...

nope, never gonna happen in my life,
I'll buy a Goldwing, and sit my wife back there with a Mocha Java, and a good book on her tablet, and roll.. she always wants those arm rests..

doing it like that reduces owning a bike, for your enjoyment, to owning a bike, and owning another big pain, just so you can ride...
simplify it.

oh, and I'll never have an intercom system on-board... I don't want to hear anything close to a complaint...
hell, a kidney punch every once and a while is my limits on communication.. 8)

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Hooligan

• never assume, get the facts
« Reply #224 on: August 04, 2016, 10:49:45 PM »
oh, and I'll never have an intercom system on-board... I don't want to hear anything close to a complaint...

+1.... Had to learn the hard way myself.... Got one of those, and fitted it to the lids. When the Mrs opened her mouth, it was like she was talking inside my head, in stereo....

I got rid of that faster than you can say "Bluetooth"..... 
It is what it is....If not, it must be something else.
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #225 on: August 05, 2016, 06:53:33 AM »
so, now, when you both ride, you have to spend extra time and care, watching her in your rear view mirror, wondering and worrying about her, not to mention maintaining 2 bikes, and 2 insurance policies.. and all for what?

let alone having to ride at a muchly reducd speed, and stopping often, Just to look at something you never would have stopped for...

nope, never gonna happen in my life,
I'll buy a Goldwing, and sit my wife back there with a Mocha Java, and a good book on her tablet, and roll.. she always wants those arm rests..

doing it like that reduces owning a bike, for your enjoyment, to owning a bike, and owning another big pain, just so you can ride...
simplify it.

Naw, like I said, she doesn't ride. But if she did, I would want her to RIDE! If you really want her to be comfy, sit her in a captains chair with arm rests, Mocha Java, reading tablet in a luxury cage where she doesn't get her hair mussed. I swear that is her number one reason for not riding is the hair getting mussed. (word of the day "mussed")

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #226 on: August 05, 2016, 08:22:59 AM »
We're probably going to get switched to a new thread since it's gone off topic big time, but this is more interesting than musing on the whereabouts of, what's his name again?  Anyway, my wife loves to ride pillion.  Complains when I don't go through the corners fast enough or accelerate hard enough from the stops.  She doesn't talk much so when I installed an intercom system, the main problem has been wondering if it's on or not.  Going on our first big ride the week after labor day.  I've committed to stopping often and not worrying about the daily mileage count.  Whether it's 150 or 600, doesn't matter.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #227 on: August 05, 2016, 08:39:14 AM »
You have a keeper, Cold Streak!
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #228 on: August 05, 2016, 09:20:33 AM »
I used to ride in Colorado with a FJR buddy. Got into the canyon going up to Grand Mesa. I was solo on my C14 and he and his wife two up on the FJR. I had difficulty keeping up. Obviously he was the better rider but the point is he would get kidney punches telling him to go faster. A unicorn I say.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #229 on: August 08, 2016, 04:56:28 AM »
I used to ride in Colorado with a FJR buddy. Got into the canyon going up to Grand Mesa. I was solo on my C14 and he and his wife two up on the FJR. I had difficulty keeping up. Obviously he was the better rider but the point is he would get kidney punches telling him to go faster. A unicorn I say.

Yep, I agree. A unicorn or from another planet.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #230 on: July 21, 2017, 07:07:12 AM »
Looking for something else entirely, I tripped over this old post from 6 Feb., 2015, and in the post, 1jeep asks me if I am enjoying the snow.

Now what is ironical about this is that I happen to bump into it today, 21 July, 2017.... and the really ironical part is that I am waiting for quotes to come in for insulating the second floor outside walls. The link goes like this: in 2015, we had a very heavy annual snowfall combined with unusually cold temps, both of which caused a large build up of snow on the buildings around here. While I was answering that post from 1jeep about enjoying all the snow, I did not yet realize that it was structurally destroying the roof on my house. Found out in the spring of that year and eventually, it resulted in the removal of the entire second floor of the house and a re-build; that is what I am waiting for today regarding the insulation for the new walls.

So the longer answer to the question about me enjoying the snowfall in 2015 is..... yep, and still enjoying the results today and there is no end in sight. Truly the gift that keeps on giving.  ;D

Brian

And I am still enjoying my spell checker not tripping on the word 'ironical', which while it certainly may be spelled correctly, is not a word at all.  :rotflmao:

This happens on every kind of forum...I belong to an atv forum and we had the same issue with one person that started to annoy some by preaching what he felt we should all be doing in life. I still visit both forums as there is lots of info.

Brian...you enjoying this cold and snow in RI? I feel like my bike is getting moved further in the garage behind the snow blower. One shocking thing I have seen at work is a yzf600 parked in the garage for the last 2 weeks, I suspect the person had been riding it to work and maybe abandoned that after that "blizzard"

As for ZG..i have loved checking out his assortment of colors and always wondered what would be next.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #231 on: July 21, 2017, 11:37:30 PM »
Sometimes when a word is so not a word at all, it slips by the spell checker ... i.e. you've blown the spell checker's mind.