Author Topic: Rekluse  (Read 2185 times)

Son of Pappy

Rekluse
« on: October 02, 2012, 03:06:36 PM »
Who has used a Rekluse clutch?  I should have the EXP installed on my YZ450 tomorow, I rode a buddies YZ last week and decided I needed one.  We have a well graveled hill at our training range, short, but common for what we find on the trail.  I approached in 2nd slowly, like crawling pace, never touched the clutch, came to an almost stop, and rode on up without loss of traction.  Easy as could be.  My question is this, of those who either have one or had one, how long did it take to stop reaching for or covering, the clutch lever?  I have a serious callous from pinky wrapping the left grip as I always ride with two digits on the clutch.  Gonna feel really weird for a really long time I think.

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
Re: Rekluse
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 11:27:25 AM »
Pappy, I have one on my CRF450 (a full moto-weapon, no trail riding). With the EXP installed, you STILL can use the clutch lever and I do.

Properly setup, you can have it in 1st and as long as you're at idle, you don't move.

That said, I've learned to still use the clutch the few times I'm in first and the bike is at idle. Why? Because if you grab too much throttle, it can bog. After that, I never touch the clutch again until I'm back in the pits.

I added the EXP to counter the CRF's tendency to be a bitch to restart if you brake-stall the thing. Seems to work as I haven't had a problem this season. I highly recommend them.

If you want a good price on one, message me as I have a dealer friend who cuts me a great deal.

Son of Pappy

Re: Rekluse
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 10:05:40 AM »
I have it all insalled, used it for my classes on Saturday and Sunday, liking it so far and I am surprised that I am not feeling the need to always grab the clutch lever.  I even did some log crossings, the style where you side up to the log, place a foot on the log, weight back, loft the front, and swing the front tire over.  Much easier than doing the lift/drag method.  A few weeks ago we came upon a log that was about 4 feet at the top and only a foot underneath, no way around, no way under.  I also did some multiple obstacles, much smoother with the Rekluse, I will be getting a throttle tamer to help out with smoother transistions for the technical stuff.  I also think I'm going to get a rear brake lever, should give more control for the really tight stuff, especially slide turns to the right.
I did the Rekluse for similar reasons, coming up a hill, a rider causes an abrupt speed change, and wham, a stall, the YZ just wont start in gear and being on a hill compounds things.  The Rekluse cures that problem.