Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 455522 times)

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #1180 on: July 18, 2015, 02:30:38 PM »
As a matter of fact, they have a BUNCH of words I never saw before. :P
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #1181 on: July 18, 2015, 02:39:53 PM »
Phelan, California (CNN)Of all the elements they must battle in a wildfire, firefighters face a new foe: drones operated by enthusiasts who presumably take close-up video of the disaster.

Five such "unmanned aircraft systems" prevented California firefighters from dispatching helicopters with water buckets for up to 20 minutes over a wildfire that roared Friday onto a Los Angeles area freeway that leads to Las Vegas.

Helicopters couldn't drop water because five drones hovered over the blaze, creating hazards in smoky winds for a deadly midair disaster, officials said.

The North Fire torched 20 vehicles on Interstate 15 and incited panic among motorists who fled on foot on the freeway Friday. The wildfire continued to burn uncontrollably Saturday, scorching 3,500 acres with only 5% containment in San Bernardino County, officials said.

Drones hovering over wildfires is a new trend in California, and on Saturday, fire officials condemned the operators of "hobby drones," as officials labeled them. It was unclear Saturday whether authorities would launch an investigation into the five drones.

"Fortunately, there were no injuries or fatalities to report, but the 15 to 20 minutes that those helicopters were grounded meant that 15 to 20 minutes were lost that could have led to another water drop cycle, and that would have created a much safer environment and we would not have seen an many citizens running for their lives," said spokesman Eric Sherwin of the San Bernardino County Fire Department.

All of those should require a flying permit or licence, they can then be track after being destroyed and their owners delt with appropriately.
Jackass's and their intitlement ideals. 

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1182 on: July 19, 2015, 07:12:42 AM »
Phelan, California (CNN)Of all the elements they must battle in a wildfire, firefighters face a new foe: drones operated by enthusiasts who presumably take close-up video of the disaster.

Five such "unmanned aircraft systems" prevented California firefighters from dispatching helicopters with water buckets for up to 20 minutes over a wildfire that roared Friday onto a Los Angeles area freeway that leads to Las Vegas.

Helicopters couldn't drop water because five drones hovered over the blaze, creating hazards in smoky winds for a deadly midair disaster, officials said.

The North Fire torched 20 vehicles on Interstate 15 and incited panic among motorists who fled on foot on the freeway Friday. The wildfire continued to burn uncontrollably Saturday, scorching 3,500 acres with only 5% containment in San Bernardino County, officials said.

Drones hovering over wildfires is a new trend in California, and on Saturday, fire officials condemned the operators of "hobby drones," as officials labeled them. It was unclear Saturday whether authorities would launch an investigation into the five drones.

"Fortunately, there were no injuries or fatalities to report, but the 15 to 20 minutes that those helicopters were grounded meant that 15 to 20 minutes were lost that could have led to another water drop cycle, and that would have created a much safer environment and we would not have seen an many citizens running for their lives," said spokesman Eric Sherwin of the San Bernardino County Fire Department.

Problem solved.

! No longer available
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1183 on: July 19, 2015, 10:48:32 AM »
 :thumbs:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #1184 on: July 19, 2015, 02:54:20 PM »
Oh, and what makes THEM so smart?  ::)  KIPASS isn't even IN their big, thick book.

Well we know that book is worthless garbage and a waste of trees
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1185 on: July 19, 2015, 03:26:25 PM »
C'mon Conrad, this is the US of A: we can do a lot better than that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR5BtXP0s0o

That would teach those drones a lesson.... although it may be a bit rough on the city behind the drones.

;D

Brian

Problem solved.

! No longer available
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1186 on: July 20, 2015, 10:41:32 AM »
Oh man that looks like a blast!

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #1187 on: July 23, 2015, 01:31:07 AM »
Oh man that looks like a blast!

Agree  :shoot:

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #1188 on: September 17, 2015, 04:08:29 PM »

The  neighboring town next to where I live has repaved a road I frequently travel.  Good, it needed it.  There were signs warning when construction would happen, expect delays, grooved pavement, raised manhole covers, local detours, etc ....

So, after weeks of dealing with these inconveniences, they are finally done.  But, they couldn't get the height of the manhole covers right.  They did a terrible job.  Some are an inch (or more) lower than the surface of the new smooth road.   >:(

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #1189 on: September 17, 2015, 04:57:45 PM »
Doesn't pavement settle over time?
So maybe after a month or so, it will be half inch?
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #1190 on: September 17, 2015, 07:41:49 PM »
The  neighboring town next to where I live has repaved a road I frequently travel.  Good, it needed it.  There were signs warning when construction would happen, expect delays, grooved pavement, raised manhole covers, local detours, etc ....

So, after weeks of dealing with these inconveniences, they are finally done.  But, they couldn't get the height of the manhole covers right.  They did a terrible job.  Some are an inch (or more) lower than the surface of the new smooth road.   >:(

They did the same thing here. Tore up the existing pavement completely where the old manholes always were. A inch or two low right in the wheel track lane. New pavement done and manhole covers somehow in the same location (wheel track) and again, like before, low. So, they rip up the pavement around each manhole, raise them and then do a rough patch around each one. Seriously?? Lasers, GPS, whatever and it's no better than before.
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1191 on: September 18, 2015, 03:53:37 AM »
Contractors laying cable in my neighborhood....

Went by a crew laying some orange piping on the way out yesterday.  Noted that there weren't any utility markings for power, cable, and water where they were digging.  Also wondered what the piping was for...

Went by much later and saw two cable company crews working on one of their junction boxes.  Rolled down the window and said 'Did those dummies laying cable cut your lines?'...  One guy looked at me and said he couldn't say what he thought..  And yes they did.  Turns out the plastic pipes are for the cable company wiring so the contractors were working for the cable company.  I can't wait until they get by my house....not.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #1192 on: October 08, 2015, 03:30:41 PM »

...lazy jack asses that don't get out of their car to get their mail out of their mailboxes!   >:(

They pull over on the wrong side of the road facing into oncoming traffic to do this.   

I saw a good one on the way home from work today, and another car involved in the chaos almost took me out.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1193 on: October 08, 2015, 04:43:07 PM »
...lazy jack asses that don't get out of their car to get their mail out of their mailboxes!   >:(

They pull over on the wrong side of the road facing into oncoming traffic to do this.   

I saw a good one on the way home from work today, and another car involved in the chaos almost took me out.

How about the people who are doing the "right thing" by not driving (which I guess they interpret as "moving) and messing with their phones, so they just STOP in the middle of a road, blocking traffic so they can play with the phone instead?  Have encountered this several times now.   The last time, the person was situated so as to block BOTH lanes of a two lane road.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1194 on: October 08, 2015, 05:17:05 PM »
How about the people who are doing the "right thing" by not driving (which I guess they interpret as "moving) and messing with their phones, so they just STOP in the middle of a road, blocking traffic so they can play with the phone instead?  Have encountered this several times now.   The last time, the person was situated so as to block BOTH lanes of a two lane road.

Did you ever think that maybe they were doing something important? Like maybe ordering pizza? You wouldn't want them to have to wait for their pizza now would you?  ::)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #1195 on: October 08, 2015, 07:45:14 PM »
When you just come up behind someone as you are both driving down the road, and they decide that it is now the perfect time to clean their windshield and you end up with washer fluid spots on your nice clean shield.   >:(
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1196 on: October 09, 2015, 04:41:14 AM »
 :rotflmao: It actually helps mine...

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1197 on: October 09, 2015, 04:56:49 AM »
When you just come up behind someone as you are both driving down the road, and they decide that it is now the perfect time to clean their windshield and you end up with washer fluid spots on your nice clean shield.   >:(

I use this trick when I'm in the cage and some fool is tailgating me. The rear washer on my VW does a good job at this. Some get the hint while others, not so much.

Speaking of what makes me crazy and annoyed...

My VW is one of the cars involved in Dieselgate. The ambulance chasseing lawyers are working hard to get their hands on some of the money that will be thrown at this mess. I've received **** in the mail already but what really pisses me off is the phone calls. It seems that Rachel (normally of Credit Card Services fame) is at it again.

What I want to know is how did these people get my name, address, AND cell number?  >:(

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1198 on: October 09, 2015, 05:08:57 AM »
...from the NSA, of course.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1199 on: October 09, 2015, 05:35:16 AM »
...from the NSA, of course.

It's a good thing that they don't know my REAL name.    ;)