Author Topic: 2021 Concours?  (Read 1438 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
2021 Concours?
« on: July 12, 2020, 08:55:39 PM »
And much to my surprise, Kawasaki is listing both the ZX 14 and C-14 as 2021 models, at least in the US! Decent color on the new C-14's too....... hmmmmmmm.

Major topic change (from the thread I am pulling your quote)- worthy of another thread....

Where are you seeing this information?  It is not on Kawasaki's USA or Canada web sites (as of right now).  The extensive searches I have tried have found nothing usable, as well.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline blue72beetle

Re: 2021 Concours?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 10:15:36 AM »
Would be hilarious if it was Silverdammit

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2020, 02:50:55 PM »
The Kawasaki US site but..... maybe I made a mistake.

I was looking at the new line-up for 2021, then hit the 'all models' button and on that page it clearly listed both the ZX and C-14's. Now, going back and looking again, 'all models' lists both 2020 and 2021 models and the only way to tell which ones are the next year, 2021, is to read the actual year under each model. Both the 1400's are listed as '2020' so, I think I was looking at all the 'new models' without realizing that I was looking at a mix of two model years. As the kids say, my bad.

I was quite surprised when I (thought) I saw them listed as 2021 models. Have been under the same impression as everyone else seems to be- that Kawasaki will be dropping these bikes from the next year due to emissions requirements. And after revisiting my original sequence of discovery, there is nothing that does indicate the 1400 cc models will continue on after 2020.

Sorry about that folks, I did not mean to spread falsehoods or get anyone's hopes up.

Brian

Major topic change (from the thread I am pulling your quote)- worthy of another thread....

Where are you seeing this information?  It is not on Kawasaki's USA or Canada web sites (as of right now).  The extensive searches I have tried have found nothing usable, as well.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline blue72beetle

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2020, 03:05:18 PM »
Unless they're just guessing, this appears to list it for 2021:

https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcycles/2021/Kawasaki-models/

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2020, 03:18:05 PM »
Unless they're just guessing, this appears to list it for 2021:

https://www.totalmotorcycle.com/motorcycles/2021/Kawasaki-models/

That was the one and only one site I found.  It has no links that work, no writeups, no photos, no sources, no articles.  I don't trust it.  Looks more like a generic placeholder page.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2020, 05:50:35 AM »
To actually correct the design, the the activation switch would have to be mechanically linked [...]All of that said, it sure does seem unlikely that anything will ever be done with the design as 2020 will be the last year of the bike anyway.

You have confirmation there will be no 2021?  Last year we heard nothing yes or no about a 2020 until a 2020 suddenly appeared on the Kawasaki website in September...

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2020, 08:54:44 AM »
No, I have no information other than the C-14 and ZX 14 are not showing up in any 2021 listings. That is not definitive of course.

Going back into the '80's, Kawasaki continued to sell new KZ1300's for a few years after they stopped manufacturing them by merely assembling what parts they had on hand. I think the difference here is that Kawi had big expectations for the 1300 and may have gambled on large sales while they are acutely aware of the slipping sales of the current -14's.

Brian

You have confirmation there will be no 2021?  Last year we heard nothing yes or no about a 2020 until a 2020 suddenly appeared on the Kawasaki website in September...
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2020, 08:11:08 AM »
Well, now Kawasaki is listing the C-14 as a 2021 model: 

https://www.kawasaki.com/products/2021-concours-14-abs?cm_re=MPP-_-PRODUCTTRIMLIST-_-VEHICLEDETAILS

Looks like it will survive another year!

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2020, 10:40:00 AM »
Well, now Kawasaki is listing the C-14 as a 2021 model: 

https://www.kawasaki.com/products/2021-concours-14-abs?cm_re=MPP-_-PRODUCTTRIMLIST-_-VEHICLEDETAILS

Looks like it will survive another year!

Well that is surprising.

Either they again have more spare parts than they need or....we need to worry about new parts availability in the future?
I guess the next nugget to find, is there any dealer anywhere in the US of A that actually has a 2021 model on the floor on display?
 They aren't required to order them as part of their inventory are they? If not, why would they?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2020, 01:01:41 PM »
Well they reuse the paint or mix it bit and the parts are all the same.  I don't think it costs that much to build it anymore.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2020, 03:39:36 PM »
Well, now Kawasaki is listing the C-14 as a 2021 model: Looks like it will survive another year!

Yep, it is funny that I just went looking today before I saw your post and discovered it.

14 years of Concours 1400!
Of course, the Concours 1000 was around for 20 years...

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2020, 09:27:25 PM »
They probably do have lots of parts and sub- assemblies. Kawasaki has done this before- they sold new, 'current' model year KZ 1300's for three years (if memory serves) after they ceased production, only assembling bikes from stockpiles and making new VIN plates.

I thought the big problem in the way was meeting new emissions standards for 2021. Either the standards have not changed or Kawasaki has been able to meet them at a reasonable cost. ??

Brian

Well that is surprising.

Either they again have more spare parts than they need or....we need to worry about new parts availability in the future?
I guess the next nugget to find, is there any dealer anywhere in the US of A that actually has a 2021 model on the floor on display?
 They aren't required to order them as part of their inventory are they? If not, why would they?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2020, 10:12:34 PM »
I thought the big problem in the way was meeting new emissions standards for 2021. Either the standards have not changed or Kawasaki has been able to meet them at a reasonable cost. ??

I am not aware of any new emissions requirements for North America for motorcycles.  In the USA, the only big change was in 2010, and the C14 already met those requirements.  I think Canada is mostly "me too" in this regards.

The EU made a big change to Euro 4 in 2016.  But Kawasaki discontinued the C14 in the EU at the end of the 2018.  I originally thought Euro 4 might have contributed to killing the C14 in the EU, but the timeline doesn't match, and its sister, the ZR-14 is still sold there until the end of 2020.  (Euro 5 takes effect in 2021, so that could have been the certain end for the ZX-14 there).

I never saw a definitive reason for dropping the C14 in the EU.  Most probably sales numbers or marketing positioning.