Author Topic: IBA CC50  (Read 27317 times)

Son of Pappy

Re: IBA CC50
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2011, 01:39:51 PM »
So, long story short, I passed him going the other way, got stuck in traffic and spent the next 40 miles eluding local LEOs in my efforts to catch him, which I did.  He landed in Ocean Shores at 0912 PST.  Tired, but happy.  His cell crapped out on him sometime yesterday so the only comms he has had is the Spot Tracker.  I'll post up pics shortly.  His only real mis adventure was wind tore off the glove box lid!!  KiPASS never stuttered, bike was steady as expected.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2011, 01:48:21 PM »
Proof is in the pics as they say.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2011, 01:51:00 PM »
Good job Brian, if only ATT&T was as reliable as KiPASS ;D

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2011, 01:52:28 PM »
So, long story short, I passed him going the other way, got stuck in traffic and spent the next 40 miles eluding local LEOs in my efforts to catch him, which I did.  He landed in Ocean Shores at 0912 PST.  Tired, but happy.  His cell crapped out on him sometime yesterday so the only comms he has had is the Spot Tracker.  I'll post up pics shortly.  His only real mis adventure was wind tore off the glove box lid!!  KiPASS never stuttered, bike was steady as expected.

The wind can be something awful out there....didn't tear my glove box lid off, though.  Must have been one heck of wind burst to do that.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Texanrider

• There's no excuse for what I am about to do...
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2011, 02:02:59 PM »
He's back on the move!
09 Boulevard C50
95 Kawasaki Concours

Offline CigarSki®

• Arena
  • Newb again?
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2011, 02:35:43 PM »
Congratulations Brian!  :hail: :loco: :thumbs:
Wayne Sikorski aka CigarSki
2010 ZG1400 - South Jersey
COG 9250

Offline Conrad

« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2011, 02:42:40 PM »
Good job Brian!!!! That's seriously awesome.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Assassin 11B3P

• Arena
  • The C14 is vastly overrated.
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2011, 02:45:58 PM »
the longest ride i ever did was from near canton, oh, to hot springs village, ar. i was younger, in great shape, and beat to death from that ride. seriously, i don't know how some of ya do it. if i wore a hat, i'd tip it to you!

Please use this forum to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data, ability to repeat discredited memes, and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Also, be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor even implied. Any irrelevancies you can mention will also be appreciated.

Bob

« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2011, 03:26:52 PM »
Well Brian's son Jared said that when he arrived. Brian ran for the shower, rather than the bed. The guy's proving to be like the Energizer Bunny!   :hail:

Son of Pappy

« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2011, 03:30:40 PM »
Well Brian's son Jared said that when he arrived. Brian ran for the shower, rather than the bed. The guy's proving to be like the Energizer Bunny!   :hail:
Trust me, he needed it ;)

Offline JamminJere

« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2011, 03:34:49 PM »
Congratulations Brian, I never doubted you..  And especially I never doubted your bike.. :)

I envy you..  That totally rocks!!  (and you made it harder for me to catch your mileage now)

JJ
There really isn't much different between the masses... and them asses..

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2011, 03:35:19 PM »
Now, friends that was quality entertainment. I am just flat filled with awe and respect!  Sounds odd and it's not meant to be, 'cause this group absolutely understands the context, but you GOTTA wonder how the a** feels. I hope he doesn't have a meeting to sit tomorrow.

I cannot wait for the ride report and the preparation recap.

Brian, you have my utmost respect. You are a MAN!!!  Thank you for two days of living vacariously like I haven't since the moon landing. Wow.! :hail: :hail: :hail:
2014 C-14 Red

Offline MizzouMike

• Arena
  • How do you remove the rain magnet on this thing?
« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2011, 03:42:25 PM »
Congrats on a worthy achievement!   ;)
NEKansas  AMA#273766, COG#8862, IBA#44917
2000 Concours 2001 KLR, 2013 HD Ultra Classic

YoDoc

« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2011, 04:30:11 PM »
Awesome! Congrats!

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2011, 05:23:16 PM »
Well done, congratulations!  :thumbs:

I'm looking forward to the telling of the trip's ups and downs, when you've recovered.

Offline Restless

« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2011, 05:30:27 PM »
Now, friends that was quality entertainment. I am just flat filled with awe and respect!  Sounds odd and it's not meant to be, 'cause this group absolutely understands the context, but you GOTTA wonder how the a** feels. I hope he doesn't have a meeting to sit tomorrow.

I cannot wait for the ride report and the preparation recap.

Brian, you have my utmost respect. You are a MAN!!!  Thank you for two days of living vacariously like I haven't since the moon landing. Wow.! :hail: :hail: :hail:

+ 1,000,000  :chugbeer:  What RonDawg said sums it up perfectly, Congrats!!!  You are da man and I never had a doubt...it's like I said, "Luck is when preparation meets opportunity" opportunity knocked and Brian answered.   :hail:  :hail:  :hail:  My A$$ hurts just thinking about trying this.   :yikes:
2010 Connie w/ABS

"Why is there never enough time to do the job right the first time but always enough time to do it over?"

Offline Glenn

• 2011 Concours14, 1984 KZ1100R, 2008 KLR685
« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2011, 05:35:27 PM »
3001 miles in a tick under 50 hrs... that's like 2 Bun Burner Golds back to back! :o Congratulations Brian! Enjoy your recuperation!!! ;D I think you should spend some time rehydrating! ;)
"Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence."

Excavator

« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2011, 05:44:31 PM »
I got tired just thinking about this ride...Congrats.   :thumbs: :hail: :hail:

Offline potshotpanda

« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2011, 05:47:14 PM »
Just wanted to add my congrats as well.  I hope one day to ride coast to coast, but in honesty, I don't want to try in under 50 hours.   My hat's off to you sir!  Bravo Zulu (well done)!!
Jeff Poston, Fitzwilliam, NH
2006 Concours "Matilda"
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On - Jimmy Buffett

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2011, 05:59:48 PM »
Just got logged into the forum. Am in Tacoma at the moment, and all is well. Not going to post much (logic functions not working well) but did want to check in. Finished in just over 48 HRS and I <believe> all is in order other than the final witness form, which I will have filled out tomorrow.

I will post more later. Thanks for the support folks.

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com