Author Topic: Front brake "Thump-thump" that wasn't present on my last 2012  (Read 1269 times)

wcgreen

Front brake "Thump-thump" that wasn't present on my last 2012
« on: February 12, 2017, 10:13:51 AM »
Hi-
Been meaning to ask folks about this, but was unsure how to properly word it.  This is my second 2012 C14.  This one has 12K on it.  Pads are still good.  My old one did not do this, and wondered if anyone else had this happen or if its normal and my other one was the fluke and not this one.  When I first start riding, the first few times I brake moderately, I get a "thump- thump" , two very quick knocks, which I can feel in the front end and up through the bars.  It seems to get better after a few times and go away for the most part.  Like I said, my other did not do this.  Is this considered normal and just the anti lock system working, or do I need to have it looked at?  It's under warranty.
Modify message

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Front brake "Thump-thump" that wasn't present on my last 2012
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 11:18:43 AM »
This doesn't sound normal.  First I'd check everything in the front wheel area that can come loose.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

wcgreen

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 11:36:06 AM »
This doesn't sound normal.  First I'd check everything in the front wheel area that can come loose.
Thanks.. so far I've not found anything.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 11:38:57 AM »

It might not hurt to take it to the dealer and have them check it out, just to be safe.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

wcgreen

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 11:52:06 AM »
It might not hurt to take it to the dealer and have them check it out, just to be safe.
Gonna see if they can look at it one morning before I have to be at class.  It's still got some pads left but I know they are gonna push to do a brake job.  It's gonna need pads in about 3 months, so maybe I will if that gets them to jump on the bike and get me in and out quick.