Author Topic: Block-off plates for your C-10 (SEE LAST POST)  (Read 96712 times)

Offline snarf

• Arena
Block-off plates for your C-10 (SEE LAST POST)
« on: May 12, 2011, 05:38:22 AM »
Tired of the top of your valve cover looking like a junk yard of spare parts?  I can help.  I have been making some block-off plates that takes the place of the exhaust emissions (reed valves) that sit on top of the valve cover.
They are are $20  for a set (plus screws) or $25 for a plug and play kit.  The kit includes 4 SS button head screws, rubber caps for the vacuum ports, and a plug for the air-box.  Plates are powder coated to the color of your choice.
You can get in touch with me at lilliefabrication at gmail dot com, or leave me a message here. 

You can go from your stock factory set-up to this:

I can coat the plates to just about any color you desire.  Here are a few samples of what I do have on hand:

I also have a Candy Persimmons red.
Thanks for looking...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 05:35:01 PM by T Cro ® »
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
Re: Block-off plates for your C-10
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 07:54:40 PM »
I'll be your first customer on the new forum.  I'll send you an email tomorrow.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 11:01:05 AM »
I'll be your first customer on the new forum.  I'll send you an email tomorrow.
Well sweet ;D  I was worried that going from 'hero' to 'newbie' might affect sales :-\  It's good to see that you have faith in a little 'ol newbie lol.
I just need to know you choice of color and I will get started on them post haste...
2002 Conc

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 12:05:04 PM »
Black would be fine - unless you have LIME GREEN.  I restoring my dad's bike and it will be painted the same color as the ZRXs.  Full kit please.  Where do I send the payment?  You can email me at fhunt at pwcgov dot org.  I think I bought a used JCW case form you if I remember correctly.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 12:12:03 PM »
I sent you a PayPal payment.

Offline DaveO430

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 06:55:11 PM »
Maybe a silly question as I am not very familiar with these engines yet but, what do you do for cranc case ventilation when you do this?

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 07:00:36 PM »
Maybe a silly question as I am not very familiar with these engines yet but, what do you do for cranc case ventilation when you do this?

Nothing.... This does not alter the crank vent which is just over the transmission area. Removing the reed valves only removes a passive emissions system that allowed fresh air to enter the exhaust tract and water down (pun) the unburnt hydrocarbons thus making the emissions appear lower.
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline mlouris

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 07:16:38 PM »
Is there any performance improvement, or is this just a cosmetic mod?

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 07:32:07 PM »
More of a "makes service easier" mod than anything else. Performance improvement if any would be minuscule. Makes removing the valve cover a lot easier as the air valve assy must be removed beforehand
Tony P. Crochet

Offline DaveO430

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 07:43:25 PM »
Nothing.... This does not alter the crank vent which is just over the transmission area. Removing the reed valves only removes a passive emissions system that allowed fresh air to enter the exhaust tract and water down (pun) the unburnt hydrocarbons thus making the emissions appear lower.
Thanks, I had not looked into that.

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2011, 08:52:33 PM »
D*mn thanks Tony. I was out riding all day and never even felt the need to turn on my phone.  Glad you got my back
2002 Conc

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2011, 08:55:29 PM »
D*mn thanks Tony. I was out riding all day and never even felt the need to turn on my phone.  Glad you got my back

You bet you lucky duck..... I'm at work; got on the boat Wed afternoon in Chicago; to which I'm still stuck in Chicago until at best tomorrow afternoon due to a broken bridge in front of us.
Tony P. Crochet

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 05:47:54 AM »
I got the plates on the night before last.  Started T-Cro's coils last night - only had a few minutes.  Had to cut part of the OEM watershield/seal off so the coils could fit in the sparkplug hole.  I put dielectric grease on everything.  They felt like they snapped on nice and tight.  The coolant hoses are next.  Then I'll run the wires for the coils.  Thermo is already rebuilt.  I think the hardest thing to do with the block-off kit was to get that screw-in plug for the airbox started.

Thanks go to both of you for your products!

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2011, 06:41:32 AM »
Looking good.  What did you use to paint the valve cover?
2002 Conc

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2011, 07:11:33 AM »
Scrubbed it clean, wiped with acetone, then aerosol can of 500d engine paint picked up at AutoZone (can't remember the brand.  Says its fuel "resistant".  I've used paint from Tractor Supply that said it was fuel resistant and it worked great for the life of the item, but the nearest one to me is about 40 miles.

Offline txfatboy

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2011, 08:49:44 AM »
I'll take a full kit in black please. Let me know how/were to send payment. Thanks.
Woody
2014 V-Max
1991 Connie, 17 inch wheels,  ZRX1200 forks with racetech valves and brakes, zx9/ zzr1200 hybrid rear shock, 2 min mod and exhaust cam sprocket from SISF, tubular handle bars, hywy pegs, HID headlight and LED running lights.

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2011, 08:55:20 AM »
I'll take a full kit in black please. Let me know how/were to send payment. Thanks.
PM sent.  Do you have a preference in the color of black? I have satin (flat), semi-gloss, gloss, and mirror.
2002 Conc

Offline txfatboy

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2011, 09:20:31 AM »
What ever matches the valve cover the closest. I guess that would be semi-gloss?
Woody
2014 V-Max
1991 Connie, 17 inch wheels,  ZRX1200 forks with racetech valves and brakes, zx9/ zzr1200 hybrid rear shock, 2 min mod and exhaust cam sprocket from SISF, tubular handle bars, hywy pegs, HID headlight and LED running lights.

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2011, 09:24:30 AM »
What ever matches the valve cover the closest. I guess that would be semi-gloss?
yup thats a pretty close match.
2002 Conc

Offline txfatboy

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2011, 09:32:45 AM »
paypal sent. No need to rush to get them to me. Thanks again.
Woody
2014 V-Max