Author Topic: What a jerk!!!!  (Read 9043 times)

Offline m919

What a jerk!!!!
« on: May 21, 2011, 11:08:30 AM »
OKAY, I have to tell this story to people who will understand how pissed off I am and perhaps very lucky. I was riding down St.Stehpens church rd which is here in Maryland and one of my favorite back roads, loving life and it is such a beautiful day for a ride, when I make a right turn onto Rt 3 and I get behind this ******** guy in this jeep when for some bumb ass reason he decides to toss out a lacross ball from his wndow and hits the car to the left  of him and bounces back and goes across the front of my bike, nearly hitting me by inches! Keep in mind we were doing about 45 mph when this happened. I pulled to the right of him and looked right at him and all he was doing was laughing and his wife was smiling >:( All I wanted to do was what we all would want to do, but I had to let it go and try to enjoy the rest  of the ride. What a jerk >:( >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 01:13:59 PM by T Cro ® »
2009 kawasaki concours (red)
1999 honda valkyrie(sold)
2002 honda cb919(sold)

Offline timmerz

Re: WTF!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 11:34:03 AM »
Would be nice if we had a directional button on our handlebars marked "incapacitate" that operated like the gizmo the cops have in Bait Car, wouldn't it? Just point the pointer edge of the button at the offending vehicle and push the button....instantly everything electrical in the vehicle fails, and vehicle coasts to a stop, much to the chagrin of the occupants...could be short term, like 15 minutes, could be permanent.... 8)

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
Re: WTF!!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 12:53:53 PM »
Would be nice if we had a directional button on our handlebars marked "incapacitate" that operated like the gizmo the cops have in Bait Car, wouldn't it? Just point the pointer edge of the button at the offending vehicle and push the button....instantly everything electrical in the vehicle fails, and vehicle coasts to a stop, much to the chagrin of the occupants...could be short term, like 15 minutes, could be permanent.... 8)

Sort of like an anti-KiPass!  ;D

I think Capt'n Bob had one.

Offline m919

Re: What a jerk!!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 02:02:08 PM »
that would be nice ;D
2009 kawasaki concours (red)
1999 honda valkyrie(sold)
2002 honda cb919(sold)

Offline Barry

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 04:03:55 PM »
Might have had to have a one on one discussion over that.... yup.
Tail of the Dragon at Deal's Gap... Avoid it now, do a trackday.

Area P full exhaust, PC-V, Autotune, filter, flys out.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 04:19:38 PM »
I find dropping back, acting non-chalant about the whole thing, and becoming "invisible" works well, then follow the knob in that manner, to see where he lives.

midnight Zombie attacks where Zombies chew tire valve stems off have been reported in my general vacinity of home..... ??? ;)

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline azul10

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2011, 06:00:41 PM »
Maybe this should be moved to "the range"  LOL

Offline ZedHed

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2011, 07:38:08 PM »
Carry some small ball bearings, marbles, or small pebbles in your left pocket -- pass offending vehicle and covertly drop several of the "revenge objects" and watch the "get-even" happen in your rear-view mirrors.  No proof you did anything, but the message is unmistakeable.  Since there is no way they can catch you -- no worries.

This message brought to you by the letter S for Stupid daydream......
"Life is a hard teacher - you get the test before the lesson is taught..."

Offline fmwhit

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2011, 08:42:15 PM »
Back in the old day's Harley riders would carry a spare spark plug in their Jacket pocket.  As you may know the Harleys rear cylinder usaully ran quite a bit hotter than the front cylinder and would on occasion fail.  The plug I am told, served dual purpose,  one to replace a failed plug and the other was to get some one off their arse.  I am sure that it would have sent a clear message to someone like the idiot that you had to deal with.

Fred in NY

Offline Roadhound

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2011, 10:26:59 PM »
Just twist your right wrist, pass them and enjoy your ride. There are far too many idiots out there to let them ruin your day. I think we have to accept the fact that as motorcycle riders we are different, we are never going to get the respect we deserve from other motorist. You can let it upset you and let their actions spoil your ride, or be proud of the fact that you didn't let them put you on the ground and keep on enjoying your ride. IMO  that's the way it is, that's the way it's been for a long time and that's the way it's going to continue to be. Let it pass and enjoy your ride, after all that's what it's all about, enjoying the ride.
Don Ricks
Atlanta, Ga.

"Ride or Ride not, there is no drive."

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2011, 11:29:37 PM »
Just twist your right wrist, pass them and enjoy your ride. There are far too many idiots out there to let them ruin your day. I think we have to accept the fact that as motorcycle riders we are different, we are never going to get the respect we deserve from other motorist. You can let it upset you and let their actions spoil your ride, or be proud of the fact that you didn't let them put you on the ground and keep on enjoying your ride. IMO  that's the way it is, that's the way it's been for a long time and that's the way it's going to continue to be. Let it pass and enjoy your ride, after all that's what it's all about, enjoying the ride.

:goodpost:

+1...

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2011, 06:34:43 AM »
Absolutely the best comment I've heard as of yet..... When one decides that retaliatory payback is the option then you have sunk to or below the level of the person you you are taking action against. What if your actions caused an accident? What if said accident caused harm to an innocent bystander? What if your actions caused your own death? Get away from it and get over it is the best option. Think about the headlines your actions could cause in the local media; would it shine a positive light on the motorcyclist population?
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline Conrad

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2011, 07:26:42 AM »

A very good post and good advice. I would have done one more thing. Got the fool's license plate number and called it in. Let a LEO take care of this.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2011, 11:22:46 AM »
I had a van driver take insult when after flashing him several times to pull over I finally got bored and illegally passed him on the inside.
He came after me flashing his headlights and driving like a complete madman.
So, I punched it again and by dint of some pretty dangerous moves managed to keep at least one car between him and me.
By this stage the idiot was using the emergency lane to pass and weaving in and out of traffic.
Some 10 miles/10 minutes of this and I was considering going banzai to get out of sight of him and then pull off somewhere.
However, I didn't need to as a truck driver in the left lane had obviously seen the idiot from way back and when the idiot tried to pass him on the emergency lane the truck pushed him off the side onto the grass.  ;D
The idiot must have decided that his death wasn't worth it and I didn't see him again, but I would like to thank that truck driver.
Too many people seem to think that they can do whatever they like on the roads and f**k everyone else.
It's very sad but seems to be more common the nearer a big city you get.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline Mister Tee

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2011, 12:25:01 PM »
You know, on one hand, yes it's not good to let things like that get to you, but on the other hand, that kind of behavior is dangerous and morons like that need to know they did something bad.  Ideally, let an LEO deal with it but realistically that isn't happening.  I'm sure if he walks out to a smashed windshield in the morning he'll think twice about it the next time.

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2011, 05:43:35 PM »
I think expanding foam in the Jeep's tailpipe may be a reasonable response.   :rotflmao:
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline fmwhit

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2011, 07:23:10 PM »
You think if you damage his vehicle in his driveway he will get it????  Get real--Instant justice is the way to go, that way he will know what he is being reprimanded for!!!  If you are gonna sabatage his vehicle at least leave him a note.

YoDoc

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2011, 10:21:29 PM »
Like a business card that says "Littering is Illegal! - Capt. Planet Hates you." superglued to his hood...

Offline nosaint7

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2011, 08:41:34 AM »
I had a van driver take insult when after flashing him several times to pull over I finally got bored and illegally passed him on the inside.
He came after me flashing his headlights and driving like a complete madman.
Too many people seem to think that they can do whatever they like on the roads and f**k everyone else.
It's very sad but seems to be more common the nearer a big city you get.

Doesn't have to be an illegal pass to get that kind of reaction.  Have been chased more than once after totally legal and safe passes.  If a future "Darwin Award" nominee gives chase, then I just do my best not to join them on the award podium.   :loco: 
current: 2003 C10
past: Yamaha Vstar, Yamaha XS750, Suzuki T500, BSA 650 Lightning (yup - I'm OLD!)

Bergmenized

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2011, 10:13:02 AM »
Carry some small ball bearings, marbles, or small pebbles in your left pocket -- pass offending vehicle and covertly drop several of the "revenge objects" and watch the "get-even" happen in your rear-view mirrors.  No proof you did anything, but the message is unmistakeable.  Since there is no way they can catch you -- no worries.

This message brought to you by the letter S for Stupid daydream......

If I ever see anyone doing this I will be the first to take down the license plate number and call it in. Nobody wins with this sort of response at all, you could easily instigate a road rage free-for-all that could jeopardize the safety of more people than just you and the perp. Roadhound has the best advice.

Dan