Author Topic: Hi-Intensity Wedge Bulbs Pictured Herein....?? Where can I find these/  (Read 7072 times)

Offline ninjawarrior1400

• "There is no second place winner in a gunfight."
I found these pics on the internet, but could not find the manufacture or the price or where to get them....they are super bright for the City Lights between the main headlight bulbs on the C-14....I want to get a set...

Does anyone have these, or know where I can find a pair of these super bright wedge bulbs?

Ninja
Ninjawarrior

Offline Skins

Try www.autoillumination.com

194 168 W5W 2825 6 LED Clear Focused Lenses
Super White
194 Signal/Marker Bulbs.
(Focused Lenses Emit Light out the nose of the bulb, like a flashlight beam)
Clear Lens: Light emits out the nose of the bulb, and is sharp like a flashlight beam.
Order 194 168 W5W 2825 6led Led Bulbs (shown above): $4.99 ea.
Note:  Bulbs measure (1/2" diameter x 1-1/8" overall height). The heads on these are slightly larger than standard 194 heads.
Choose Color

Choose Type 

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
FYI, the 194 168 W5W 2825 6 LED Clear Focused Lenses put out 100 lumens and are larger than normal bulbs (1 1/8" overall height)

go to: http://autolumination.com/194.htm and then search on "6 LED Clear Focused Lenses"

I have not had the headlight apart yet, do we need a focused lens on there or can we use something like the 4 led Super Nova Matrix 5X:

Or even the new Goldstar Super-High Flux 3 chip 1.5 watt Leds:

The Super Nova 5X would allow the lens housing to focus the side leds forward (I assume there is a lens housing that will do that), but the Goldstar doesn't use side mounted LED's and just has forward facing LED's that are more powerful. There isn't any info on their page about the output of either that I could find.
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips

Offline gildaguz

Here is mine

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170586573938&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Also i had added extra city lights  installing aditionals 194 amber bulbs inside of signal lamps

2009 Non ABS Concours Black
2006 Honda VTX 1300 C candy Orange
2004 Honda Shadow  Sabre 750
1979 Suzuki 185 all terrain

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
...There isn't any info on their page about the output of either that I could find.

Bingo!  That is why I get so damn frustrated trying to find bulbs.  Even within the same site, some they will list watts (mostly meaningless), others they will list lumens (very useful), and on others they list neither!  And on yet others, there are no dimensions listed, so it is impossible to know what would fit in the enclosure.  UG!!!

I am probably in the market for some EXTREMELY bright, multi-directional, yellow LED's to put in the city lights for safety...

http://autolumination.com/images/auto_bulbs/194_smt3_a_wm.jpg   ????  11mm dia x 38mm length "overall" (is that including the base??), no mention of total lumens, no mention of watts.  How can anyone compare anything to anything?

I wouldn't recommend the Super Nova, just based on the fact that it is probably less powerful, overall, and all the light goes forward... I think it would make far more sense to have the widest possible viewing angle in this application.  The city light does have a reflector, although it doesn't look all that aggressive.

Yellow makes MUCH more sense.... we already have the bright headlights- having two little not-bright-in-comparison white LED things buried between the bright headlights isn't going to do much for visibility or differentiation.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 02:20:37 PM by maxtog »
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

badcop621

How long did it take to get them from china?

Here is mine

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170586573938&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Also i had added extra city lights  installing aditionals 194 amber bulbs inside of signal lamps

Offline gildaguz

How long did it take to get them from china?
About 10 days
2009 Non ABS Concours Black
2006 Honda VTX 1300 C candy Orange
2004 Honda Shadow  Sabre 750
1979 Suzuki 185 all terrain

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Bingo!  That is why I get so damn frustrated trying to find bulbs.  Even within the same site, some they will list watts (mostly meaningless), others they will list lumens (very useful), and on others they list neither!  And on yet others, there are no dimensions listed, so it is impossible to know what would fit in the enclosure.  UG!!!

I am probably in the market for some EXTREMELY bright, multi-directional, yellow LED's to put in the city lights for safety...

http://autolumination.com/images/auto_bulbs/194_smt3_a_wm.jpg   ????  11mm dia x 38mm length "overall" (is that including the base??), no mention of total lumens, no mention of watts.  How can anyone compare anything to anything?

I wouldn't recommend the Super Nova, just based on the fact that it is probably less powerful, overall, and all the light goes forward... I think it would make far more sense to have the widest possible viewing angle in this application.  The city light does have a reflector, although it doesn't look all that aggressive.

Yellow makes MUCH more sense.... we already have the bright headlights- having two little not-bright-in-comparison white LED things buried between the bright headlights isn't going to do much for visibility or differentiation.

I finally just decided to take and chance and ordered them.  I got the yellow 194 bulbs pictured above from autoillumation (25 LEDs) and installed them today.  Disappointed.  First, they are orange, not yellow.  Second, they are about half the brightness of the incandescent bulbs.  I measure them at 1.2watts per bulb.  I need something much brighter to meet my goal.

HOWEVER- the *concept* of using yellow bulbs there is very sound, and I do like the contrast and what it means for safety.  It turns the city lights from something useless into something useful.

Other thread:  http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=598.0
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc