Author Topic: Reflash or not?  (Read 2879 times)

Offline badf85

Reflash or not?
« on: May 19, 2015, 02:34:13 PM »
 What do you say? Any one run with just a Guhl reflash only. If so how do you like it.
1988 Kawasaki Concours C10 Red,2002 Concours C10, Silver 2006 Concours C10 Blue
2013 Concours C14 Blue,2015 Concours C14Green

Offline Racer Boy

Re: Reflash or not?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 03:10:56 PM »
I've had the re-flash done. The only other mod is a Delkivic can, which makes very little difference other than looking and sounding better, and saving 14 lbs of weight over the stock muffler.

The low-end (2K to 4K) power is definitely better, but if you are looking for a gigantic difference, you'll be disappointed. Yes, it pulls harder at those low revs, but not OhMyGoshMyArmsArePullingOutOfTheirSockets harder. It's like going from an 1200cc bike to a 1400cc bike. Above 5K, I'm not sure if there is any difference at all according to my butt-dyno.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 03:46:03 PM »
Exactly what Racer Boy said except my can is a Leo Vince Titanium. I'm satisfied with the reflash, there is a difference, but not a huge difference. Before the reflash I could barely feel the difference between the regular map and the economy map. After the reflash I could really feel the difference. The eco map is unchanged and the regular map is the Guhl map.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 04:08:15 PM »
Another similar to what Racer Boy said....  I have a stock exhaust and stock muffler.  The difference after the reflash is quite apparent (and appreciated) from the RPM areas I (and most people) tend to ride- the 2 to 6K RPM area.  Not much difference after that.  It isn't going to transform the bike into something it is not, but make it feel like it should have to start with.  Installation is super easy although a bit pricey for what it is.  If you want more performance, it will require replacing the exhaust system and putting in a PC which is a lot more time and $.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline 1jeep

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 01:25:32 PM »
reflash, two bro slip on and bmc air filer and noticed a difference right away....to me it was worth it.

Offline Racer Boy

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 10:53:21 PM »
Let me make it clear, I thought the re-flash was worth it.

Offline badf85

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 06:10:37 AM »
Thanks for the reply's! On vacation with the wife next and will have to be away from my bike. :(  Looks like a good time to get this done. ;)
1988 Kawasaki Concours C10 Red,2002 Concours C10, Silver 2006 Concours C10 Blue
2013 Concours C14 Blue,2015 Concours C14Green