Author Topic: North Carolina Zoo on the 14th of July.  (Read 2966 times)

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
North Carolina Zoo on the 14th of July.
« on: June 27, 2012, 03:43:11 AM »
 I've been wanting to do some sort of meet in NC. With Asheboro being the geographical center of the state, I think that a meet at the N.C. Zoo would be good. With the summer heat like it is, I'm wanting us to be there by (if not just before) the time that the gates open, which is at 9am (I'm planning on getting there at 8:30am). This will give us a good amount of time to visit the park before the heat sets in.

I'd suspect that we will be able to see some interesting and exotic critters and then there's the animals and other critters that the zoo has. 

So .... who's game?

There are currently no plans to provide food or drinks, so please bring your own or be prepaired to purchase your items.

North Carolina Zoo
4401 Zoo Parkway
Asheboro, North Carolina 27205

http://www.nczoo.org/index.cfm
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
Re: North Carolina Zoo on the 14th of July.
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 05:21:00 PM »
I'd be in, but I signed up for Bike Safe NC in Durham that day. I do like the idea of getting some gatherings organized, though.
'12 C-14, Vance and Hines CS One muffler, lowered pegs, tank bra, bar risers, Phil's Farkles rack with Givi V46 top box, fender extender, Bucks tail brights, Canyon Cages and much more to come!
COG 9331
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1302;type=avatar&time=1422479190

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 06:46:48 PM »
Bike safty is very important. Maybe next time.
The Pope

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 04:55:13 AM »
The long range weather forcast for Saturday is calling for 89F as the high with the normal chances of afternoon/evening showers. So it's looking like it's going to be a good day.

I'm still planning on getting there by 8:30am (if not before) and will see if I can find us a good spot to park. Ideally, I would like to park in what I call the lower parking lot (Africa park entrance), then take tram up to the upper entrance (North America) to the park. But we'll just have to see when we get there.

I also hope that we can enter the park by 9:30am.

If anyone needs my contact info, send me a pm before Friday.
The Pope

Offline gpzrocker

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 03:08:40 PM »
Pope, where ya out of? I already am participating in a ride in Boone, and you are more than welcome to come. if you can get to the Boone Mall by 10:30 or so (we leave @ 11).

I agree, great idea. Especially now that the heat has dropped some.

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 05:00:30 PM »
I'm in Garner NC (basically Raleigh). Thanks for the invite, but this zoo meet is a event that I setup. Maybe next time.
The Pope

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 03:48:50 AM »
Bump!  ;D  ::)
The Pope

Offline Reid

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 06:32:53 AM »
Ya'll have fun!  I'm headed down to Sleepy Hollow.  Look forward to seeing pics from the zoo.  Are ya'll going to be in or out of the cages! :chugbeer:
2008 C-14 (Silver Belle)
Russell Daylong seat
Cal-Sci windshield
S.Ga. AAD

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 08:31:56 AM »
Ya'll have fun!  I'm headed down to Sleepy Hollow.  Look forward to seeing pics from the zoo.  Are ya'll going to be in or out of the cages! :chugbeer:

I'll be out, but then again at this event I'm The Ring Master!  :o ;D
The Pope