Author Topic: A bit ticked off  (Read 11029 times)

Offline Strawboss

Re: A bit ticked off
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2014, 10:45:03 AM »
Wow, off a few days and look what I missed. ;D
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2014, 11:01:01 AM »
I only went to sleep and woke up to it.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2014, 11:13:01 AM »
You missed it by a lot less than a few days- the whole thing was over in hours. This thread is just a bit of the blow- back from the main threads. I can summarize it for you though:

1) new guy comes to forum, starts off on wrong foot.
2) existing forum members hop over to wrong foot, meet challenge.
3) Hijinks ensue.
4) new guy storms off in a huff (or whatever kind of vehicle he drives) and deletes all his posts.
5) Moderator is called for clean-up on aisle #53 Jim shows up with bulldozer and plows through mess, leaving behind the thread in sanitized form.
6) This thread is started in an effort to analyze what when wrong, when it went wrong, and how humans can prevent it from going wrong in the future (yeah, like that is possible).

Now in an effort to bring culture and performance art back to this forum, I suggest everyone take a look at 'Pulp Fiction' performed in 30 seconds, with all characters played by bunnies (Easy Boys! Bunnies = Rabbits).
http://www.angryalien.com/0605/pulpfictionbuns.asp

I rather like "Jaws" too.
http://www.angryalien.com/0804/jawsbunnies.asp

Brian

P.S.- do you think that new guy could have possibly been your I-BIL?

Wow, off a few days and look what I missed. ;D
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2014, 11:25:59 AM »
I found the thread and read through it, I know a lot seems to have been cut out but I got the general gist of it all. It was interesting. Nothing offends me. Well, almost nothing. Nothing ever posted here would offend me I mean. As I've said before, come here new and say those things and folks are gonna call you out, the way some one calls you out will most times be as abrasive as your post. Why would this be a problem with others? Rhetorical I know. Put on a pair of big boy pants and welcome. I've met BDF and I've met MoB, nothing they've posted or said to me is offensive, irritating, but not offensive, but then I live at a fire house for 24 hours at a time with 8 other personalities that I can't click away like this keyboard. Sorry to see this happen, but it does and it will again, thanks to the moderators for keeping it moderate. Still the best forums I've ever seen, and still the only ones I go to.

PS; no Brian, my brother-in-law is too sneaky to pull something as raw and open as that, he's a behind the scenes guy to plans and schemes.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2014, 11:36:47 AM »
Well, that was kinda' my take on the whole thing too- a perfectly normal reaction to all too common human behavior and here we are- on a nice forum, enjoying chatting with each other, knowing all the while that Jim will spiff the place up and not allow it to turn into a trash pile.

I am not normally offensive or even irritating.... or at least I think not. Of course we do not want to confuse that with my being Mary Jane Tinklepants either and I do not suffer fools, especially abrasive fools, gladly. I have been active on this forum since '07 and like it a lot; over the years it has actually gotten better IMO because most of the more..... how shall I say this..... "engaging personalities" and those perhaps a 'bit too positive in their thinking' have moved on.

And Rich, well, Rich just says what a lot of us are thinking anyway. And without any muffler or buffer in the way. Kinda' refreshing I think. And to the best of my knowledge, he does not use bad language or excessively harsh tones.... mostly.  ;) ;D

Brian

I found the thread and read through it, I know a lot seems to have been cut out but I got the general gist of it all. It was interesting. Nothing offends me. Well, almost nothing. Nothing ever posted here would offend me I mean. As I've said before, come here new and say those things and folks are gonna call you out, the way some one calls you out will most times be as abrasive as your post. Why would this be a problem with others? Rhetorical I know. Put on a pair of big boy pants and welcome. I've met BDF and I've met MoB, nothing they've posted or said to me is offensive, irritating, but not offensive, but then I live at a fire house for 24 hours at a time with 8 other personalities that I can't click away like this keyboard. Sorry to see this happen, but it does and it will again, thanks to the moderators for keeping it moderate. Still the best forums I've ever seen, and still the only ones I go to.

PS; no Brian, my brother-in-law is too sneaky to pull something as raw and open as that, he's a behind the scenes guy to plans and schemes.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2014, 01:15:03 PM »
The urban dictionary asked me to put in a definition of "durf wads". Thinking about starting another thread to help define it.

NSF.... this is what google search rendered

EDIT OFF **********/url]

Nevermind, IM me for the link.  Thats just nassy!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline wile_e_coyote

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2014, 04:36:30 PM »
All one word "Derfwad".
03 C10

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2014, 04:52:54 PM »
If I remember correctly his biggest complaint was the linked brakes and KPASS. And he was planning on stripping a bunch of stuff and doing performance upgrades. Like a lot of others on this forum.
Joel from Maine.

Offline Clark Kent

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2014, 07:17:15 PM »
How come no one sent this one to the "Arena"   "Political Sandbox... Proceed with caution as there is little adult supervision or behavior."

The   :grouphug:  needs some fresh members: ie:  "meat"  We would have tested him (or her) out and then listen to what he (or she) had to say.  No one in the  :grouphug: ever says it the right way.  But they do get their point across.

As to being too hard on him (or her)  I have been the VICTIM  of many PERSONAL attacks!  From my clothing, ie: tights being to tight,  or being too old to not having a great bike to having to cool a bike  to being too self promoting .   

I have been able to weather the storm.  But then, I am superman!

The thing that all this personal hazing had lead to that has hurt me the most is the type of person who now tries to emulate me!  THAT LAST PICTURE IS JUST WRONG!

I PREFER THIS PHOTO!    :stirpot:  :chugbeer: :chugbeer:

Now, Big Guy with the Sword,  get that guy back and send him to the "ARENA"  where he belonged in the first place.    
A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it.  "SHANE"

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2014, 08:03:17 PM »
Newer member to this forum.
Question. What is this "arena" that you speak of?

This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2014, 08:36:29 PM »

Are you ready to RUMBLE?  ;D
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline Clark Kent

• Arena
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2014, 08:51:27 AM »

I'm Glad you asked***

The "Arena" is a place for those who dare to speak their minds.  Even if their  subjects are not acceptable in normal society!

You see, "Normal society is not what the "Arena" is.  (depending on what your definition of "is" is)   :stirpot:

This web site's definition of "Arena" is:  "Political Sandbox... Proceed with caution as there is little adult supervision or behavior."

All are welcome to come and play in the sandbox.  But remember,  not all are treated equal in the Arena.   Those who survive in the Arena are the Bold and the Brave.  They become members of an elite group in the Arena known as the  :grouphug: < "Circle" 

Circle members think they can do no wrong.  Actually they can't do much of anything, but always enjoy trying. 

It is truly a place where  :hitfan: and subjects get :deadhorse: and no matter how much you talk, sometimes no one listens  :banghead:.  It's a place where we police ourselves  :battle: (with the help of the BIG GUY WITH THE SWORD  We are not afraid to use the  :cannon: because it  :yikes: the crap out of some, it just makes others  :doublepuke:.  We in the circle get a big  :rotflmao: out of the general public and don't always listen to others  :cool: and that can really frustrate some of us  :banghead: but not all of us  :popcorn:.  You must understand that most of the  :grouphug: members are a little  :loco: :nuts: Some of us are even nice.  :doh: but nice is somewhat out of character, but that is to be expected in the Arena. ( You do know that the smileys used on this forum were intended for the Arena  :goodpost:)
I really don't want to go  :offtopic: so I will stick to the  :grouphug: and  :hail: that I don't get  :shoot: do to the length of this post.  In the circle only certain language is acceptable but sometimes some try using  :censored:.  There are a lot of  :salute: in the Arena.   and some :thumbdown too.  Most of all if you act too out of line  :banana your are  :1DeadBanana  :_shudder_Emoticon

So there you have it in pictures. (Emoticons)  :finger_fing11:  :chugbeer:

I bet this is the first time anyone has used all the Emoticons in one posting.  Wouldn't you bet it would be one of the  :grouphug:  members.  But hey,  that's the group these Emoticons were meant for.   :feedback:  Be nice now.  :pukeface:

***This post is very representative of what you can expect to see, but not always get in the "Arena"  You see, you can never be sure about anything that may or may not go on it the Arena. 

Nice talking to you.  They are telling me I have to go back to the Arena now.  I only get to go outside for a few hours a week now.If I do well, they say I can stay out longer next time.  Come see me in my room in the Arena.  The smoking lamp is lit all the time in the Arena!

« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 09:44:51 AM by Clark Kent »

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2014, 09:48:25 AM »

What Clark didn't tell you is that if you want to participate in the arena you should go to:

Profile->account settings

Then:

Modify Profile->Group memberships

and click on arena.

Hope to see you there.

Offline Cuda

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2014, 10:34:11 AM »
Arena ... a place for Dittoheads to lurk

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Dittohead
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Son of Pappy

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2014, 11:28:09 AM »
Wow.  Take it to the Arena guys.  Yes, I take these last 2 posts as an insult, an act of cowardice to do it in an area heavily moderated.  Truly in Troll fashion.
Arena ... a place for Dittoheads to lurk

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Dittohead

All the above QFT.

FWIW, Trolls tend to insert themselves in threads in an attempt to either lock a thread or to get it moved.  A simple solution is to ignore either a thread, or posters post...

Fixed to reflect a much appreciated apology.  Joe, thanks for being a standup guy.
Chet
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 07:30:07 PM by SOP »

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2014, 04:48:30 PM »
Sorry SOP, I meant no insult and believe I understand what your saying.

I will heed your advice, now and in the future.

Again, sorry
Joe
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2014, 05:06:21 PM »
He for sure did not bother me, but I do think that he is full of himself and loved to gloat and embellish a bit. This is a very family friendly forum, and many times a bit too much for me, maybe other than me no longer owning a C14, that is why I do not come around here much anymore. And then there were a few members that annoyed me, but once on the ignore list that helped a bit......although they post ALLOT.  ::) 
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Son of Pappy

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2014, 07:31:08 PM »
Thanks Joe, I fixed my post above out of a mutual respect.

Chet

Offline Clark Kent

• Arena
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2014, 08:44:49 PM »
Wow.  Take it to the Arena guys.  Yes, I take these last 2 posts as an insult, an act of cowardice to do it in an area heavily moderated.  Truly in Troll fashion.

Cheaper by the dozen!   SOP, A true HERO of the  :grouphug:

All the above QFT.
FWIW, Trolls tend to insert themselves in threads in an attempt to either lock a thread or to get it moved.  A simple solution is to ignore either a thread, or posters post...

Fixed to reflect a much appreciated apology.  Joe, thanks for being a standup guy.
Chet

Son of Pappy

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2014, 09:29:28 PM »
Clark, back to the Arena with you.  No need to fan the flames.  FWIW, you just posted in the finest troll fashion...