Author Topic: cee bailey windshield install difficulties  (Read 2407 times)

Offline sroby

• 06 Blue C-10
cee bailey windshield install difficulties
« on: May 15, 2011, 06:33:09 PM »
I was finishing up my farkles, and trying to install my cee bailey 24.5 windshield I cant get the top screw on the left side to go in.  It appears that at the front of the dash where the black screw that goes into the tab at the very most center and front of the dash is trying to dig into the center of the windshield and not letting it lay down flush.  I cant remember the picture i had in my head of the upper front part of the fairing if it went over the retaining tab or if it meaning the fairing came to rest underneathe the tab, Can somebody send me a pic of what it looks like.  I can get the upper fairing in place perfectly. It lines up on its mounts.  go to lay down on the fairing and the center tab sticks out and comes in contact with the center upper section of the cee bailey.   Anybody had this problem before, or is there a problem with the way the windshield was made?  I could use some help pls.  Thx Steve
no.1 Dale Singleton fan along with King Kenny Roberts/Fast Freddie Spencer/ Steve and Shoodabeen.    aka (connkawi)

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
Re: cee bailey windshield install difficulties
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 06:38:44 PM »
I think that the CB shield lies closer to that center dash screw than other shields as I had contact from mine with a rubber bonded flat washer under a button head socket screw when I removed the flat washer and it fit just fine. Also keep all screws loose until you have all installed. Some bikes that have been tweaked due to a wreck or even a heavy drop can be odd fitting too and you might have to slightly enlarge the screw holes to get proper fit. Thus you might want to try a screw with a smaller head.
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline sroby

• 06 Blue C-10
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 06:52:20 PM »
T-cro, thx sir I will try a different screw head in the hold down center screw, good to know I thought maybe I was dowing something wrong.  I will give it a try and keep you posted.  Regards Steve
no.1 Dale Singleton fan along with King Kenny Roberts/Fast Freddie Spencer/ Steve and Shoodabeen.    aka (connkawi)

Offline DarrellB

• Arena
  • If your going to ride. Ride. Forget the trailer
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 07:30:58 PM »
What he said.  ;D
02 Connie with 06 Skin