Author Topic: Got in about 375 miles yesterday  (Read 1836 times)

Offline Stubby

• 2011 Silver ABS Concours 1400
Got in about 375 miles yesterday
« on: May 14, 2012, 10:06:26 AM »
Took off with the GF ( she has her own bike ) and a couple of friends from UT county ( just South of Salt Lake City UT ) headed South down to Torry in Southern UT had lunch at a great little burger shop. Then back North through Loa and up and over the Fish lake Nat. forrest to a look out at 8950 FT with great views of both forrest on one side and Canyonlands desert on the other.

That road ( Hwy 72 ) was a blast to ride with all the curves then down to I70 for a few miles then on to Hwy 89 and North back to home. A great way to spend Mother's day the GF said.       ;D ;D
it's better to ask forgiveness than permission..... So I have been told

Offline Pfloydgad

• When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
Re: Got in about 375 miles yesterday
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 08:53:26 PM »
Isn't the Connie great for these kind of days, good for you, I only got 165.
Ride safe all,
Greg
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 10:01:39 PM »
Took off with the GF ( she has her own bike ) and a couple of friends from UT county ( just South of Salt Lake City UT ) headed South down to Torry in Southern UT had lunch at a great little burger shop. Then back North through Loa and up and over the Fish lake Nat. forrest to a look out at 8950 FT with great views of both forrest on one side and Canyonlands desert on the other.

That road ( Hwy 72 ) was a blast to ride with all the curves then down to I70 for a few miles then on to Hwy 89 and North back to home. A great way to spend Mother's day the GF said.       ;D ;D

I'm planning to go through that area on Memorial day weekend with final destination being Miller Motorsports park.  I just book a camp site at Bowery.  Never been through that area so it should be fun!!  I might even get a little fishing in as well :)  Any pointers you can give me is greatly appreciated as this will be my first camping trip on the motorcycle :)

Offline Stubby

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 08:14:55 AM »
Not sure of your time line but if you can go through Page over to Kanab then up US 89 the bottom half of 89 is quite pretty and nice to ride. There are some great routes through the south end of UT but again it depends on time?

Dave

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 03:13:09 PM »
Not sure of your time line but if you can go through Page over to Kanab then up US 89 the bottom half of 89 is quite pretty and nice to ride. There are some great routes through the south end of UT but again it depends on time?

Dave

oh yes!!  I am going across 89 coming up from Phoenix and spending the night at Jacob Lake Campgrounds then continuing on 89 to highway 12?  then over to Bowery for the night then up to SLC.

Last year I did two similar trips but went across Mexican Hat Utah then across Lake Powel on Ferry and through Southern Utah.  It is so so so beautiful!  I can't wait!  I am going to do some fishing at Bowery on Sunday as well just wish I could keep and cook up some of those trout they are so tasty.  If you like fish I could drop them off at your place for you to enjoy since I won't be able to cook them. :)

Offline Stubby

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 04:16:31 PM »
Hummm I do have a smoker? I will PM you my number I'm pretty sure I will be around unless we deside to take an over nighter?