Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 455831 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #1860 on: January 08, 2019, 03:18:23 PM »
That is amazing- my state is not even in the top 25 and here I thought it should be 2nd or 3rd.

I was thinking the same thing.  It was updated for 2018 and now Florida is # 8 worst and Mississippi is #1.  Apparently, Virginia is #34 (17th best)... so I guess I need to shut up about all the bad drivers here?

Here is the full updated list:
https://dr5dymrsxhdzh.cloudfront.net/blog/images/a18535/2018/08/2018_worst_drivers_table-1.png
Full article:  https://smartasset.com/checking-account/states-with-the-worst-drivers-2018-edition

And yeah, I would take these "statistics" with a grain of salt.  Doesn't appear to be very scientific and the criteria are a bit strange.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1861 on: January 08, 2019, 03:30:34 PM »
I was thinking the same thing.  It was updated for 2018 and now Florida is # 8 worst and Mississippi is #1.  Apparently, Virginia is #34 (17th best)... so I guess I need to shut up about all the bad drivers here?

Here is the full updated list:
https://dr5dymrsxhdzh.cloudfront.net/blog/images/a18535/2018/08/2018_worst_drivers_table-1.png
Full article:  https://smartasset.com/checking-account/states-with-the-worst-drivers-2018-edition

And yeah, I would take these "statistics" with a grain of salt.  Doesn't appear to be very scientific and the criteria are a bit strange.

Well there you go. Texas moved up to #5 and Oklahoma down to #16. Maybe there is something to this list 8)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1862 on: January 08, 2019, 03:47:51 PM »
The worst place that I have actually driven in is MA, with several areas really ringing the proverbial bell. Boston and north of Boston ('Little Silicon Valley') especially stand out. Tremendously aggressive drivers, either on the brink or actually having a never- ending case of road rage. Driving in NYC is a cake- walk compared to Boston IME.

Brian

Drivers are pretty crazy where I live near Fredericksburg, VA.  I can tell the difference after being somewhere other than here in the craziness quotient.  Gets worse as you go north.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1863 on: January 08, 2019, 03:55:45 PM »
Give that man a cheroot! You nailed one of, or maybe the MAIN complaint of lots and lots of drivers: hanging in the left lane(s), cruising along like he / she is the only human on the planet.

Funny thing though, I tend to think of CT as being horrible in this regard, while I know some CT folks who thing it is RI leading the pack. You think it is TX. ??

I saw a truly amazing thing traveling through the center / north of the US on a couple of occasions- on I90, and endless, two- lane highway through, say, SD or MT, two vehicles, side- by- side, going well under the speed limit (75 MPH at least at that time), looking like they are connected by a chain! Completely blocking the road ahead. Finally, I beeped while behind the driver in the left lane, he / she sped up for a few seconds but NOT LONG enough to clear the car in the right lane! I had to bang the horn AGAIN to get him / her to finally move forward and over a lane. I was kinda' under the gun, time- wise and on  the clock to hit the Pacific.  :o :yikes:

Brian

I'm not convinced the statistics in this list are the final word on bad drivers. I would nominate Texas, #9 on this list, to be in the top 5 at least. One of the statistics not on this list but certainly should be is: "Number of drivers permanently in the left lane going less than the speed limit". Texas would be #1 for that statistic. I've been spending some time in Oklahoma (#3) and I can say without a doubt, TX has WAY more drivers parked in the left lane than OK.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1864 on: January 08, 2019, 05:19:10 PM »
Give that man a cheroot! You nailed one of, or maybe the MAIN complaint of lots and lots of drivers: hanging in the left lane(s), cruising along like he / she is the only human on the planet.

Yep, and what it causes is major traffic congestion AND it starts to create road rage and unsafe conditions as tempers flare and drivers start doing more and more aggressive and then dangerous things to get them to move.  I have often wondered how much that contributes to accidents.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1865 on: January 11, 2019, 08:25:52 AM »
I forgot to mention this lil gem of irritation about Florida drivers.

This happened to me twice in Florida on I-75.

Pulled the RV into a gas station/fast food joint. You know the type, a gas station that also has a fast food restaurant in the same building.

As I pulled into the station I saw that all the pumps were taken and some even had one or two cars waiting their turns. I pull the RV in and get in line. Then I notice that there's no one in the car in front of me. I check the other cars at the pumps and there's no one in them either. WTF? EVERY single lane was the same, no one in the cars. Where are they? They parked their damn cars at the pump and went in to order food!!!

Who does that?

As the couple comes back to the car in front of me with their bags of food I asked them if they got anything for me. I get the look. Then the guys proceeds to put gas in his car.  :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #1866 on: January 11, 2019, 01:18:29 PM »
I forgot to mention this lil gem of irritation about Florida drivers.

This happened to me twice in Florida on I-75.

Pulled the RV into a gas station/fast food joint. You know the type, a gas station that also has a fast food restaurant in the same building.

As I pulled into the station I saw that all the pumps were taken and some even had one or two cars waiting their turns. I pull the RV in and get in line. Then I notice that there's no one in the car in front of me. I check the other cars at the pumps and there's no one in them either. WTF? EVERY single lane was the same, no one in the cars. Where are they? They parked their damn cars at the pump and went in to order food!!!

Who does that?

As the couple comes back to the car in front of me with their bags of food I asked them if they got anything for me. I get the look. Then the guys proceeds to put gas in his car.  :o
OMG!
I don't use the OMG letters very much, but when I do it's to marvel (sic) at how stupid and inconsiderate my fellow citizens are.  :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :doh: :doh: :doh:

This is what we have to put up with now, I fear that our kids will have the same thing happen to them only then the family will proceed to eat in the car and then all pile out for the restrooms before they leave the pump. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1867 on: January 11, 2019, 01:56:56 PM »
I pulled into a station this morning and there was a car being fueled, engine idling, no one around.  I'm thinking what happens if the nozzle is broken and won't shut off and gas spills all over the ground?  And I'm right behind this fn idiot whose POS car could blow up an entire station and me with it.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #1868 on: January 11, 2019, 04:42:34 PM »
I pulled into a station this morning and there was a car being fueled, engine idling, no one around.  I'm thinking what happens if the nozzle is broken and won't shut off and gas spills all over the ground?  And I'm right behind this fn idiot whose POS car could blow up an entire station and me with it.

if it wasn't for cameras, I'd have pulled the snozzle out, clicked it on and locked it, and let it sit on the roof of the car with the windows open, and driven away...

can't fix stupid...

But, you could have pulled the schnozzle out, replaced it into the pump, and driven away... which would have made the same, if not better, point...

biotch...

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1869 on: January 11, 2019, 04:48:01 PM »
Or pull up very close behind/side that car and just fill your own car up with his nozzle.  If you are caught, say "well, I decided to do the right thing and protect everyone and deserve a reward for doing so."

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1870 on: January 12, 2019, 08:01:59 AM »
OMG!
I don't use the OMG letters very much, but when I do it's to marvel (sic) at how stupid and inconsiderate my fellow citizens are.  :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :doh: :doh: :doh:

This is what we have to put up with now, I fear that our kids will have the same thing happen to them only then the family will proceed to eat in the car and then all pile out for the restrooms before they leave the pump. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Yep, gotta love those intelligent and considerate Floridians. Hey, I wonder if they voted Republican or Democrat?    ;)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1871 on: January 12, 2019, 08:22:55 AM »
This ain't the place for political references....I don't want to move this thread to the Arena.  :)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1872 on: January 12, 2019, 08:42:03 AM »
This ain't the place for political references....I don't want to move this thread to the Arena.  :)

Point taken Sir Knight.   :-X

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1873 on: January 12, 2019, 01:08:06 PM »
I am sure the great majority of the people voted Democrat or Republican. The percentage of votes for any 'third party' or unaffiliated (independent)  person is always very small.

;) ;D

(there ya' go Jim, fixed up the thread and took the politics out..... )

Brian

Yep, gotta love those intelligent and considerate Floridians. Hey, I wonder if they voted Republican or Democrat?    ;)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1874 on: January 13, 2019, 07:14:47 AM »
I am sure the great majority of the people voted Democrat or Republican. The percentage of votes for any 'third party' or unaffiliated (independent)  person is always very small.

;) ;D

(there ya' go Jim, fixed up the thread and took the politics out..... )

Brian

Why thank you, Brian. You sanitized that nicely.    ;)

You left out one small but very non vocal voting group. The non voting populace.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1875 on: January 13, 2019, 07:30:33 AM »
One of my very favorite definitions: 'Tact, the act of rubbing out another's mistake rather than rubbing it in.'. Not to say that you made any mistakes, just that the overall sentiment in that line applies I think.

If that idea is expanded a little more to include manners and a reasonable amount of respect for other people, the world would be a better place. It sounds really odd to say, but I believe this is true: things like mass shootings are nothing but bad manners 'writ large'.... seriously. Imagine how much better things would be if all of us made, oh, perhaps a 20% effort to simply be nice and respect other's. I mean while driving, being neighbors, shopping in a store, etc. etc. instead of making what all too often seems like an 85% effort to be obnoxious and punish anything even remotely perceived as the slightest misbehavior. I certainly do not claim to have reached this level of continuous behavior but mostly I do try.... as I suspect the vast majority of people do. Remember, it is only a very small fraction of the population that ever makes 'the news' and that is almost always with some type of..... er, 'misadventure'.

Anyway, back to your normally scheduled broadcast of 'What makes me crazy and annoyed....'.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Brian

Why thank you, Brian. You sanitized that nicely.    ;)

You left out one small but very non vocal voting group. The non voting populace.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1876 on: January 13, 2019, 07:35:13 AM »
That's the problem right there, Brian. We shouldn't have to 'try to be 20% nicer and respect other's'. This should come naturally. I know, I know. A perfect world and all that ****...

:)

One of my very favorite definitions: 'Tact, the act of rubbing out another's mistake rather than rubbing it in.'. Not to say that you made any mistakes, just that the overall sentiment in that line applies I think.

If that idea is expanded a little more to include manners and a reasonable amount of respect for other people, the world would be a better place. It sounds really odd to say, but I believe this is true: things like mass shootings are nothing but bad manners 'writ large'.... seriously. Imagine how much better things would be if all of us made, oh, perhaps a 20% effort to simply be nice and respect other's. I mean while driving, being neighbors, shopping in a store, etc. etc. instead of making what all too often seems like an 85% effort to be obnoxious and punish anything even remotely perceived as the slightest misbehavior. I certainly do not claim to have reached this level of continuous behavior but mostly I do try.... as I suspect the vast majority of people do. Remember, it is only a very small fraction of the population that ever makes 'the news' and that is almost always with some type of..... er, 'misadventure'.

Anyway, back to your normally scheduled broadcast of 'What makes me crazy and annoyed....'.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Brian

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1877 on: January 13, 2019, 09:33:02 AM »
That's the problem right there, Brian. We shouldn't have to 'try to be 20% nicer and respect other's'. This should come naturally. I know, I know. A perfect world and all that ****...

:rotflmao:   ::)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1878 on: January 19, 2019, 11:27:34 AM »
What makes me crazy and annoyed..

Stupid nose bleeds in the winter that seem to never go away (especially in the morning on waking).  I even have a whole-house humidifier!  I think I will buy one to use next to the bed and one for work...

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1879 on: January 19, 2019, 02:27:09 PM »
I often make a conscious effort to think of another's flaw / miss- deed / bad driving etc. etc. as a momentary error rather than something done on purpose. It is my choice to NOT be offended by an action that I could take as simple stupidity or even a little error or a purposeful thing designed to annoy others. Of course I respond differently depending on how I chose to perceive the exact same event. That is what I meant by being 20% nicer.

Brian