Author Topic: fairing plastic interchangeable  (Read 1638 times)

Offline Badbogie

fairing plastic interchangeable
« on: July 27, 2011, 12:30:53 AM »
will the fairing from early models 86-88 fit a 99?  I know there are some differences, just wondering if anyone knows if they will bolt up.  Thanks

Offline snarf

• Arena
Re: fairing plastic interchangeable
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 05:04:45 AM »
I am not 100% on this but I believe there is a slight difference in the years (86-94)(94-06).  I believe that the lowers are interchangeable though.
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline syntor

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 05:38:14 AM »
All painted fairing pieces are fully interchangeable between all C10 years.
There are very minor differences particularly in 1986 lowers, however it does not affect interchangeability.
Because the dash changed in 1993 the fairing inners (black parts) changed and are incompatible pre and post '93.
Early '86 upper inners (black parts) has an extra bolt hole, this does not affect interchangeability with other pre'93 inners.
There are two different belly pans (not sure which year is which) however all are fully interchangeable.
There are two different headlights, (Yankee lights have an extra globe) they are interchangeable.

Dunno why they had to keep changing things... :P

Offline Badbogie

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 10:23:35 PM »
Thanks Snarf and Syntor.  That does give me a bit more leeway in finding some  parts.

Offline RiderRich

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 04:50:30 AM »
All painted fairing pieces are fully interchangeable between all C10 years.
There are very minor differences particularly in 1986 lowers, however it does not affect interchangeability.
Because the dash changed in 1993 the fairing inners (black parts) changed and are incompatible pre and post '93.
Early '86 upper inners (black parts) has an extra bolt hole, this does not affect interchangeability with other pre'93 inners.
There are two different belly pans (not sure which year is which) however all are fully interchangeable.
There are two different headlights, (Yankee lights have an extra globe) they are interchangeable.

Dunno why they had to keep changing things... :P

Good information to know. Thank you.
2005 Concours