Author Topic: Close calls/weird/funny/stupid events on the motorcycle  (Read 2895 times)

Offline Chrome Megaphone

Close calls/weird/funny/stupid events on the motorcycle
« on: August 16, 2020, 01:18:53 PM »
Post any that you got.  Here's one from my misspent youth:

One night in the mid-80's I rode my 1982 Kawasaki GPz750 to a keg party held in a back parking lot. After an hour or so the beer ran out so a collection was taken for a run down to the late night beer depot.  I had fired up the bike to follow the pickup when this drunk guy came up and asked if he could ride on the back.  He was rather short and thin so I thought "why not" and motioned with my helmeted head to jump on.

The route passed through my favorite freeway intersection, nicely cambered running down then up to the merge.  Fully neglecting the guy.on back I dropped a gear to pass the truck and cranked in full throttle. As the front wheel came up I felt a THUNK under both armpits.  Looking down I saw the tips of two cowboy boots!!  In a panic I chopped throttle while grabbing front brake...THUNK his head then smacked the back of my helmet.

When we pulled in to the beer joint the guys in the truck were laughing as they described the guy spread eagle with his head behind the taillight.  I think his cowboy boots saved his life (and me a trip to jail)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Close calls/weird/funny/stupid events on the motorcycle
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 10:19:15 AM »
Excellent.  I'd give it a thumbs up but I can't get them to work with Chrome for some reason.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 04:15:55 PM »
Here you go...with Chrome    :thumbs:

Offline Chrome Megaphone

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2020, 12:51:24 AM »
Excellent.  I'd give it a thumbs up but I can't get them to work with Chrome for some reason.
Thanks guys.  Here's one more on the same bike a few months later.  This big name heavy metal concert was playing that night (Saxon and Accept I think) so I was riding back and forth on the GPz looking for my buddy in the long line of people waiting for tickets when this fat kid asked for a ride.  You would think I had learned already.  I said OK, he got on and asked for a wheelie.  I went to one end of the parking lot, gunned it, and the next thing I knew the front wheel was straight up with this fatass kid stretching my t-shirt.  We went the entire length of the crowd until it got too slow to stay moving and crashed sideways to cheers.  The kid got up, pumped a bleeding arm yelling ROCK AND ROLL!

Offline Chrome Megaphone

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2020, 09:44:24 PM »
The bike.  I hate to know what it drew in auction last year...
https://www.mecum.com/lots/LV0119-348549/1982-kawasaki-gpz-750/

Offline Chrome Megaphone

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2020, 09:59:44 PM »