Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 458735 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #1700 on: December 17, 2017, 08:05:42 AM »
Damn....you went where no cigar has gone before.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1701 on: December 17, 2017, 08:48:03 AM »
Damn....you went where no cigar has gone before.

Cuban?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1702 on: December 17, 2017, 09:11:49 AM »
Cuban?

Gurkha Grand Reserve

Hand rolled in the Cibao Valley of the Dominican Republic, Gurkha Grand Reserve is combined with Louis XIII Cognac in a secretive infusion process that does not involve spraying or dipping. This cognac addition provides the perfect balance to the cigar with subtle undertones to the rich natural tobacco flavor of the cigar.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1703 on: December 17, 2017, 09:14:19 AM »
The OPUSX was not yet available..... 8)
http://halfwheel.com/redux-opusx-pussy-juice

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1704 on: December 18, 2017, 05:01:25 AM »
 :o

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1705 on: December 18, 2017, 06:28:51 AM »

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #1706 on: December 22, 2017, 12:26:49 PM »
Makes me slightly annoyed, but definitely not crazy:

Pissy rain not heavy enough to cascade off the windshield with the wipers, causing the wipers to skitter, squeal, and otherwise make noise.

Yeah, I know there are other irritants much mo betta than this one, but hey -- it's mine, I own it, and we're two more shopping days from Christmas.   :battle:
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1707 on: December 27, 2017, 06:36:35 AM »
Lowes, here lately.   Went into the store last night and grabbed a cart, it had a terrible pull to the left.  Why do I always get the bad cart?  Either it's got a lumpy wheel, a pull, or makes a god awful racket.  Filled it up and they only had one open cashier checkout and of course someone there was buying something that had an issue.  I eyed the automatic checkout and decided to take the risk of checking out there.  Went well until the stupid machine didn't like what I put in the bag.  After a few choice words and my wife telling me to be quiet the person came over and helped me get through that ordeal.  Thankfully the alarm didn't go off as we walked out.

This is the same store that has different hours on their outside stuff and close the gate whenever they feel like it.  Also, wanted to buy a grill in the grill area and no one was there to help.   Went to the checkout and gave the clerk the number and she had to call to see if they really had it.   I asked here why can't you check it through the computer and she just shrugged.   

I haven't had issues with the other Lowe's we have but it's farther away.  I think I'll start going there instead.

"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1708 on: December 27, 2017, 07:27:50 AM »
Vin number on the C14 is wrong on the registration.  Now I have to fix that as well.  I hate going to the DMV.

"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #1709 on: December 27, 2017, 08:10:11 AM »
Bah humbug!! Well ... it is after Christmas ... so, let the complaints resume!

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1710 on: December 27, 2017, 08:24:04 AM »
Not to worry, seems like Jim is all over it.  ;D  Hey, he makes it sound like a conspiracy that goes into effect when they see him walking toward the store.....

:rotflmao:

I usually grab at least two, and sometimes more shopping carts until I find one I can stand for the duration. Although it does seem that in the last few years the stores have replaced the wheels on many or all of the ones they offer and so overall, the shopping cart 'handling charachteristics' have gotten a lot better.

I also used to hate self- checkout because it just never quite worked out for me either; there was always some kind of problem and the screen ended up flashing 'wait for attendant' or similar and they apparently paged someone who was out- of- state 'cause no one ever showed up.  >:( ::)   But again in the last few years, there has always been a clerk stationed in the middle of a small cluster of the self- checkout area who comes over just about instantly to 'spiff up' whatever went wrong and keep the entire process moving. In fact, that person will actually walk up to a self- checkout kiosk if he / she is not doing anything else and either assist or just outright check out my stuff. So while I still prefer the regular human with the hand- held scanner that actually works, the self- checkout is not nearly as bad as they were when they were first introduced. By the way, I am only speaking of Home- Lowes here, I never, ever use a self checkout in any other type of store such as grocery, Wally World, etc.

Brian

Bah humbug!! Well ... it is after Christmas ... so, let the complaints resume!
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1711 on: December 27, 2017, 11:25:03 AM »
Not to worry, seems like Jim is all over it.  ;D  Hey, he makes it sound like a conspiracy that goes into effect when they see him walking toward the store.....

:rotflmao:

Brian

It is a conspiracy.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1712 on: December 27, 2017, 03:15:51 PM »
Lowes, here lately.   Went into the store last night and grabbed a cart, it had a terrible pull to the left.  Why do I always get the bad cart?  Either it's got a lumpy wheel, a pull, or makes a god awful racket. 

That is just about every store I go to, except, somehow, Target.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1713 on: December 27, 2017, 03:20:28 PM »
I also used to hate self- checkout because it just never quite worked out for me either; there was always some kind of problem and the screen ended up flashing 'wait for attendant' or similar

This was my experience with ALL of them, but especially at Walmart.  "Unexpected item in the bagging area" or non-working scanners, or a zillion other problems.  I loved the CONCEPT but hated the machines and finally gave up.  Apparently everyone else did too.... at my local Walmart, they ripped them all out and we did without for years.  Then, early this year, they reinstalled them all again.  And what a difference!  I have no such problems at all- everything scans, they even include a hand scanner, no stupid warnings, no waiting for "assistance" every third item.  I really like them.  I especially like the single-line entry queue, which is FAIR.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1714 on: December 27, 2017, 04:01:28 PM »
Yes, I have also noticed a big improvement in the self- scanners, so I assume they did change them (or at least the software) out sometime along the way.

Hey, this is like real- life, right? We shoot for something, usually miss, and then spend some extra time and money getting closer to the original goal down the road. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries, sometime a bunch of tries. But overall, it almost always gets better in any way one can apply a metric.

Brian

This was my experience with ALL of them, but especially at Walmart.  "Unexpected item in the bagging area" or non-working scanners, or a zillion other problems.  I loved the CONCEPT but hated the machines and finally gave up.  Apparently everyone else did too.... at my local Walmart, they ripped them all out and we did without for years.  Then, early this year, they reinstalled them all again.  And what a difference!  I have no such problems at all- everything scans, they even include a hand scanner, no stupid warnings, no waiting for "assistance" every third item.  I really like them.  I especially like the single-line entry queue, which is FAIR.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1715 on: December 28, 2017, 07:02:34 AM »
Lowes, here lately.   Went into the store last night and grabbed a cart, it had a terrible pull to the left.  Why do I always get the bad cart?  Either it's got a lumpy wheel, a pull, or makes a god awful racket.  Filled it up and they only had one open cashier checkout and of course someone there was buying something that had an issue.  I eyed the automatic checkout and decided to take the risk of checking out there.  Went well until the stupid machine didn't like what I put in the bag.  After a few choice words and my wife telling me to be quiet the person came over and helped me get through that ordeal.  Thankfully the alarm didn't go off as we walked out.

This is the same store that has different hours on their outside stuff and close the gate whenever they feel like it.  Also, wanted to buy a grill in the grill area and no one was there to help.   Went to the checkout and gave the clerk the number and she had to call to see if they really had it.   I asked here why can't you check it through the computer and she just shrugged.   

I haven't had issues with the other Lowe's we have but it's farther away.  I think I'll start going there instead.

You know Jim, they will let you select a different cart (buggy for you southerners)? You're not locked into your first choice, in most cases.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #1716 on: December 28, 2017, 07:39:51 AM »
You know Jim, they will let you select a different cart (buggy for you southerners)?

Good thing I am a Mid-Atlantican (VA) and not a "southerner" because I have never heard of a "buggy" before... except occasionally "baby buggy" instead of "pram".

You're not locked into your first choice, in most cases.

Thank goodness for all of us!

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1717 on: December 28, 2017, 08:16:27 AM »
Oh great, now you are going to clutter up this thread with reason and logic? C'mon, you know that is not going to go to good places.

;)

You guys think picking out shopping carts is tough, try picking out a gimp- mobile. My wife has been using them in stores for a month or more now and they range from very good (the very best ones are too slow but speed up surprisingly well when pushed firmly from behind with a shopping cart) to D.O.A.. But even worse is D.I.M.O.S., or Dead in the Middle of the Store. And they must have a fail- safe brake 'cause they do not push AT ALL when off. Good thing that is coming to an end and she should be ker- thumping her way around stores with a boot and a stick (crutch), and unlike the gimp- mobiles, I can speed her up very well with a sheetrock screw.....

Brian

You know Jim, they will let you select a different cart (buggy for you southerners)? You're not locked into your first choice, in most cases.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1718 on: December 28, 2017, 10:55:54 AM »
With that one I had the other day I had to get the wife to pull on it (easy boys) to the left while I pushed it...

I could have got another cart but I was halfway through the store with it before it started to bug me.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1719 on: December 29, 2017, 05:51:21 AM »
Sounds like you are not using a proper test- drive (test- push?) on the cart. Sorry Jim but it kinda' sounds like you have met the enemy..... and he is named Jim.  :rotflmao:

BTW: shopping carts are not normally 'crew served' weapons..... :-)

When you are working alone, and someone is standing in the way of your light....... :-)

Brian

With that one I had the other day I had to get the wife to pull on it (easy boys) to the left while I pushed it...

I could have got another cart but I was halfway through the store with it before it started to bug me.