Author Topic: dash led bulbs  (Read 21979 times)

Offline gtr a14

Re: dash led bulbs
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2013, 10:25:56 AM »
Got on ebay..  i just typed in the bulb number eg- 4led 194 bulb then selected lowest p+p then scanned to find what i wanted, then searched for 1led 74 bulb to fit the clock so everything matched in blue.
Hope this helps.
Seller i bought from on ebay was called "eshopbuygo"

Offline m hanlen

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2013, 01:19:05 PM »
Got on ebay..  i just typed in the bulb number eg- 4led 194 bulb then selected lowest p+p then scanned to find what i wanted, then searched for 1led 74 bulb to fit the clock so everything matched in blue.
Hope this helps.
Seller i bought from on ebay was called "eshopbuygo"
Thanks

Offline gtr a14

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2013, 02:25:35 PM »
Finaly got pic of my blue  (99p leds from ebay) dash.
Pretty neat i think !

Offline julianop

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2013, 07:18:01 PM »
Only 26,000 miles? I know petrol is expensive back home, but crikey, a chap needs to ride more ;-)

Nice blue, I might have to do that myself. I fell in love with blue panel illumination when I got my first Passat back in '99. It was the first model year of that style, and the blue panel with red needles was so distinctive people would slow down as they passed me and gape at the panel. Well, I think that's what they were doing; they certainly weren't gazing at my Adonis-like beauty ;-)
Julian.
Elk River, MN.
Seasonal Temporal Navigational Disorder - that inexplicable but wholly satisfying affliction that causes one to lose the ability to drive a motorcycle straight home after work in the summer months, despite the apparent ability to make the reverse journey that same morning.

Offline gtr a14

« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2013, 03:32:33 AM »
 ;D lol, there is a reason for low mileage, "4 other bikes" see pic
yes the blue is neat, makes the dash real clear to see, i got a set of red led bulbs with the blue if i fancy a change lol.

Offline wahrsuul

• This is personal, stop reading it!
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2013, 04:12:49 AM »
Looks almost exactly like the blue I got.  Good deal.
1999 C-10: Knee savers, Givi trunk, Rifle windshield, KB risers, K&N...and counting...

What did I do to deserve this life?  And how do I do it again?

Offline julianop

« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2013, 06:25:17 AM »
;D lol, there is a reason for low mileage, "4 other bikes" see pic

Nice lineup! Yup, that would definitely do it! No room to keep them, though, in our tightly packed English suburbia; you'd better come over here to the American Midwest and put up a pole barn for all your toys.

yes the blue is neat, makes the dash real clear to see, i got a set of red led bulbs with the blue if i fancy a change lol.

Blue is not distracting at night, given that the eyes are less sensitive to blue light. The red, though?  :o

Speaking of which, that does seem to be your colour ...

Four other bikes? One missing?
Julian.
Elk River, MN.
Seasonal Temporal Navigational Disorder - that inexplicable but wholly satisfying affliction that causes one to lose the ability to drive a motorcycle straight home after work in the summer months, despite the apparent ability to make the reverse journey that same morning.

Offline gtr a14

« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2013, 06:39:10 AM »
Yes, the wifes car has red dash and looks good at night, will maybe just stick to blue !

Ah the other bike, i havent got a pic of all of them together, my "other connie"

You never know the USA might be an idea  :D
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 10:48:45 AM by gtr a14 »

Offline julianop

« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2013, 05:47:21 PM »
You never know the USA might be an idea  :D

Oh, come on over! I've been here thirty one years, and they've only driven me slightly mad  ;D

... I won't comment on your wife's red dashboard ...  :o
Julian.
Elk River, MN.

Offline gorbs

« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2013, 11:50:24 AM »
 can any one tell me how the bulb comes out of the clock ?. doesn't seem to twist and I don't want to pull too hard on it. taking the clock body apart also was no help. I have a 2003 model and just placed an order for bulbs based on info here.

Offline m hanlen

« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2013, 11:58:16 AM »
can any one tell me how the bulb comes out of the clock ?. doesn't seem to twist and I don't want to pull too hard on it. taking the clock body apart also was no help. I have a 2003 model and just placed an order for bulbs based on info here.
It is a rubber grommet that pulls out. The bulb comes with it.

Offline gtr a14

« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2013, 01:47:48 PM »
Yep, just pull the black grommets out to free bulbs  ;)

Offline Uded2me

This forum is dead dead dead
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2013, 03:23:21 PM »
d e a d
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 09:28:54 PM by knight_mare »

Offline gorbs

« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2013, 07:15:56 PM »
thanks guys. was fiddling some more before reading and popped one side of the metal can off that covers the bulb  :o. lol was easy enough after that to just pull the bulb from the socket. nothing a little super epoxy can't fix.

prior to that I tried a bit more effort turning the rubber base and pulling to no avail. :-[

oh I should mention I went with the blue 4 led for the dash and green for the clock. will post a pic when all my upgrades are done and the bike is back together.

Offline George R. Young

• Concours 2001 Farkles
65 CB160 (67-69), 69 350GTR (69-72), 72 R5, 73 RD350 (73-84), 82 XZ550 Vision (84-03), 01 Concours C10 (03-19), 89 EX250 (11-14), 00 SV650S (14-16), 03 SV650S (19-)

Offline gtr a14

« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2013, 04:36:36 AM »
thanks guys. was fiddling some more before reading and popped one side of the metal can off that covers the bulb  :o. lol was easy enough after that to just pull the bulb from the socket. nothing a little super epoxy can't fix.

prior to that I tried a bit more effort turning the rubber base and pulling to no avail. :-[

oh I should mention I went with the blue 4 led for the dash and green for the clock. will post a pic when all my upgrades are done and the bike is back together.
hi, maybe a sillly question but why green for the clock?, i used 4 led for dash and 1led for clock all in blue  ???

Offline gorbs

« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2013, 09:24:00 AM »
the green for the clock was just to be different. if I don't like it I can always change it.

Offline gorbs

« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2013, 07:02:35 PM »
that shipping is FAST. got the bulbs installed and they look great. blue in the dash and green for the clock. now what's this about them burning out ? and having to mod the circuit ?.