Author Topic: Sena Bluetooth SMH10R  (Read 20290 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline jayke

Re: Sena Bluetooth SMH10R
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 05:14:45 AM »
Why do they always come out with the new & improved right after you bought the old & orginal?

Not sure if I like the separate battery pack though.  One more thing to stuff inside your helmet.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 05:20:51 AM »
On the picture they showed in my email, the pack was mounted outside of the helmet in the rear.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline CIG4R

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 07:20:13 AM »
Been waiting for that unit to come out, I like my SMH10 but need the remote mike on this one.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2013, 08:41:40 AM »
Why do they always come out with the new & improved right after you bought the old & orginal?

Not sure if I like the separate battery pack though.  One more thing to stuff inside your helmet.

Don't like that at all. Where is that supposed to go?

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2013, 08:43:27 AM »
Been waiting for that unit to come out, I like my SMH10 but need the remote mike on this one.

http://www.senabluetooth.com/products/acc_SMH-A0302.php

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2013, 08:45:31 AM »
On the picture they showed in my email, the pack was mounted outside of the helmet in the rear.

opps, didn't see this before I posted. But kinda defeats the purpose of the small slim design. I like my single unit SMH10 but will reserve judgment until someone gets this and gives a review.

Offline CIG4R

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2013, 10:56:56 AM »

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 10:59:46 AM »
Yeah - still going with the SMH10R if that's OK.

I assure you I am not the Bluetooth police ;D But I was just showing that clamp kit because it works with the SMH10 and has the remote mic.

Offline COGnosticat0r

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 12:28:09 PM »
I got it and like it a lot.  Easier to get to the sun shade on my Neotec.  The battery attaches to the back outside of the helmet and has a reflective patch on it.  It is light and the only down side is using it for the first time with heated gloves makes it hard to tell where the + and - and middle button are. Another down side is no connection for earbuds, but I don't use them so no problem for me.  The speakers work fine.  Here are some pic on my Neotec

Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14
"Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you"

Offline rush2112

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 08:48:31 PM »
Figures... Got my SMH10 set recently.
 :banghead:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 04:09:09 AM »
Figures... Got my SMH10 set recently.
 :banghead:

I've had mine for awhile but I like this new set..it's always something new.  There goes the new shoes for the wife.

Offline CIG4R

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 08:56:20 AM »
COGnosticat0r's set up looks much nicer than the current SMH10 big knob units.

The Sena line up is progressing along from the unit that did not allow for software up grades, to the unit I currently have that does have a upgrade port and now the -R. Looking forward to putting the -R unit on my modular helmet and moving the current unit to the sold face.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2013, 09:01:00 AM »
My SMH10 does have an upgrade port and I just updated the firmware. The other thing I like about the SMH10 is the jog dial. I like that far better then the button interface on my old Bluant F4. I think I would miss that on the SMH10R.

Offline COGnosticat0r

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2013, 11:38:48 AM »
My SMH10 does have an upgrade port and I just updated the firmware. The other thing I like about the SMH10 is the jog dial. I like that far better then the button interface on my old Bluant F4. I think I would miss that on the SMH10R.

That big knob is a lot easier to tap when in a hurry. With the slim unit I have to feel with my finger for the ridge by the + sign then push in.  Also the slim has a menu you have to go through to get to a feature by pushing the + or - button until you get to the feature you want.  Even with that though, I am still liking the slim version and as time goes on I will get quicker with the new interface.
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14
"Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you"

Offline SANDPSYCHO

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 07:17:32 PM »
I like the big jog dial. Easy and quick to turn up or down the volume. One tap and I'm talking to my back seater. I can start playing music by holding it down. I can fast forward past a song I don't like and rewind one I do. I also don't like the separate battery, more wires to run, something else sticking on the helmet. I do like that Sena keep trying to move forward with their products.