Author Topic: A tail of two mousetraps....  (Read 31643 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: A tail of two mousetraps....
« Reply #100 on: December 31, 2013, 04:18:48 AM »
Hmmmmm raisins and peanut butter.   I'd have a hard time staying away from that trap.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #101 on: December 31, 2013, 05:45:53 AM »
I am getting some mental images of how that trap might snap on you and where.... shiver me timbers! (must poke out frontal lobes with pencil now)

Brian

Hmmmmm raisins and peanut butter.   I'd have a hard time staying away from that trap.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #102 on: December 31, 2013, 06:05:50 AM »
I am getting some mental images of how that trap might snap on you and where.... shiver me timbers! (must poke out frontal lobes with pencil now)

Brian
Why settle for a mental image when the world is full of 'Hey watch this'......
http://youtu.be/EobqN_q3Vi8

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #103 on: December 31, 2013, 07:37:03 AM »
What an idiot.  I think I'm at least smart enough to unarm the trap mechanism, first.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #104 on: December 31, 2013, 08:30:08 AM »
You mean before you lick the bait off the trigger? :yikes:

Brian

What an idiot.  I think I'm at least smart enough to unarm the trap mechanism, first.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #105 on: December 31, 2013, 10:20:24 AM »
Yes and I would use a spoon.  At least I'm civilized.. ;)

Son of Pappy

« Reply #106 on: December 31, 2013, 10:47:16 PM »
Yes and I would use a spoon.  At least I'm civilized.. ;)
Your spooning with a mousetrap?  Better double check the trap has been tripped :o

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #107 on: January 02, 2014, 03:30:54 PM »
Anyone ever top this?

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #108 on: January 02, 2014, 03:53:31 PM »
Put out two more older mousetraps and baited all four tonight- temp. is going down to 7 F and I think they are going to take refuge anyplace they can....

The traps I have been using that are actually working eventually fail because the trigger will not trip the trap. I have some old ones that just will not trip even after the trigger is pressed all the way down. They work very well when new but not when they get old (sorta' like us humans' right?) and look like this:

http://www.icreatables.com/interior-home-improvement/mouse-trap/mouse-trap-best.html

Brian

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2014, 08:22:44 AM »
Another one yesterday in the first trap. The mice are just not interested in that new- fangled trap I guess.

Brian

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #110 on: March 08, 2014, 11:49:05 AM »
And now have caught several more.... all in the old- style trap. Nary a one of dem dare mouses has committed mousicide by having a snack at that new- fangled mousetrap. I guess the mice are either too smart or just too old- fashioned and won't go for the clearly newer, better and slicker mousetrap.

The plastic one with the teeth on the upper jaw works great though- I am still on the same bait and at least three mice down the road.... as it were.

Brian

Offline Conrad

« Reply #111 on: March 09, 2014, 06:06:27 AM »
And now have caught several more.... all in the old- style trap. Nary a one of dem dare mouses has committed mousicide by having a snack at that new- fangled mousetrap. I guess the mice are either too smart or just too old- fashioned and won't go for the clearly newer, better and slicker mousetrap.

The plastic one with the teeth on the upper jaw works great though- I am still on the same bait and at least three mice down the road.... as it were.

Brian

You must be dealing with old school mice?

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #112 on: March 09, 2014, 09:18:07 AM »
You must be dealing with old school mice?

Mice with mullets?  ???

Offline Conrad

« Reply #113 on: March 09, 2014, 10:13:17 AM »

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #114 on: March 09, 2014, 01:06:09 PM »

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #115 on: March 09, 2014, 04:27:44 PM »
Why settle for a mental image when the world is full of 'Hey watch this'......
http://youtu.be/EobqN_q3Vi8

argggg
back in 82', while I was shooting tournament archery every weekend, spending almost 40 hours a week to excell at the endeavor, I was setting Victor Rat traps for my garage to protect my Z bike, about a half hour before leaving for a tournement. I set 3, was on the last one, applied the "set" on a baited trap; only to have one of the staples that held the center pivot bar the spring is wound around pull free from the wooden base. The wound spring has about an inch of "leg" on both ends, one end is against the wood, the other is against the looped bar. The spring end rotated, and struck the finger tip on my right hand middle finger, literally splitting my fingertip in half for about a half inch from the tip... sliced right thru the nail, like a Ninja sword.

it took about 5 seconds of me looking at this before my brain registered what happened, then instant nausea..... I freaked.
so much for baiting rat traps, I cleaned the wound, wrapped it all up, and travelled an hour and a half to the tournament. bummer.
Shot 7 points out of a perfect Vegas 450 point tourney, never got a penny.... and had to drive back in a blizzard with my pals who all choked, giving me the riot act on how I puked the game.... bastiches.

I hate rat traps.... mouse traps ok, them big ones will f you up if they let loose. ::)

hey, ZG, Conrad, don't be dissing the mullet....
I am the Mullet KING
styles tend to come around, my hair has came around at least 3 times in my lifetime... still shooting for 4..... ;)
http://youtu.be/oOT16YiZou8

http://youtu.be/CnXgKr3fanw

it's like, "business up front, but then again, I like to party dude...."
http://youtu.be/SS_OVZtVa4E

by the way, I began my personal mullet, before it was ever defined as such, from this movie (my wife at the time was a hairdresser, and said "you might have something here..."

personally, I have stopped shearing the sides, and am letting them grow longer so's I can braid them, 'cause I always liked this style......

let's go pick a fight.... ;)

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Conrad

Re: A mullet tail....
« Reply #116 on: March 10, 2014, 04:40:18 AM »

Hey now, isn't this guy one of the Crow clan from Justified?   ;)