Author Topic: 3rd annual Laborday Buckeye Bash!!!!!  (Read 15962 times)

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
3rd annual Laborday Buckeye Bash!!!!!
« on: July 24, 2011, 11:15:48 AM »
Instead of posting a bunch here, feel free to follow the link to Stromtroopers. I have had a great turnout for both events, we have allot of fun and ride the best roads OHIO has to offer "trust me, there are some incredible roads here"!!!! I want a good turnout for Concours owners, all riders are welcome except pirates and squids! ;)

http://www.stromtrooper.com/events/65601-3rd-annual-labor-day-rally.html#post713526
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Pokey

• Arena
Re: 3rd annual Laborday Buckeye Bash!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 08:53:00 AM »
So WTF.......no interest???? ???
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Shadowofshoe

• Arena
  • Mastiff pup/human pup
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 01:32:21 PM »
Hey Brian, I am leaving Monday for the shore as I mentioned in Coshocton ...that doesn't preclude me com sat/sun I will let ya know how things progress.I was bummed when I  thought it started labor day!
       Mike
Sooooo....we are about to be a Nation that makes you prove you have insurance-but it's not necessary to prove that you are indeed a Citizen of that Nation?

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 05:56:38 PM »
Hey Brian, I am leaving Monday for the shore as I mentioned in Coshocton ...that doesn't preclude me com sat/sun I will let ya know how things progress.I was bummed when I  thought it started labor day!
       Mike

Awesome...........and you broke the forum silence. :thumbs: Hope more from here come, they are missing out on a great time if not.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 06:09:57 PM »
I didn't see much info in the stromtrooper thread.  What is the location?  Is this camping in a state park or something?  I would really like to make the trip and ride some of Ohio's great [paved] roads.  Since they won't even have a decent football season I will be happy to strut around Buckeye nation with a Mizzou or if I am feeling really naughty, a Michigan shirt!   ;D

edit: I just saw post #38.  I will try to make plans to attend, if you have room.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline Pfloydgad

• When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 07:54:43 PM »
This just might be doable. Since the COG Rally is out for me this yr., this is better then nothing, and it is a lot closer to home.
Might see you there guys, ride safe all.
Greg
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 07:32:50 AM »
This is at my buddy Glen's place.......he has 3 acres and an incredible barn. We are only minutes from some of the best riding in the state, and heading further East you will hit "the best" riding in the state. We ride our asses off.....eat well....drink well.....and tell lots of lies!!!

Here is some great reading from last years event............  http://www.stromtrooper.com/events/50424-post-up-if-youre-coming-2nd-annual-labor-day-weekend-rally.html

2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 12:39:33 PM »
Sounds great, I always love drinking and hearing stories about from someone older and most definitely wiser than I (especially if those stories have creative lies that keep it interesting).  Looks like some great roads from what google maps shows. 

Offline Shadowofshoe

• Arena
  • Mastiff pup/human pup
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2011, 10:38:35 AM »
Sounds great, I always love drinking and hearing stories about from someone older and most definitely wiser than I (especially if those stories have creative lies that keep it interesting).  Looks like some great roads from what google maps shows.
[/quote
Jeremy are you coming from Missouri? That's sweet! And there are a lot of kick butt roads in the
Buckeye state.
   Mike
Sooooo....we are about to be a Nation that makes you prove you have insurance-but it's not necessary to prove that you are indeed a Citizen of that Nation?

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2011, 10:44:29 AM »
Yes sir, I plan on leaving Friday the 2nd early am that way I can make the 500+ mile ride before sunset.  I really look forward to riding through that area, I know that WV has some great roads and Ohio is considered the NW part of WV right?   ;D

Offline Shadowofshoe

• Arena
  • Mastiff pup/human pup
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2011, 11:20:26 AM »
  Yes we have vast expanses of Appalachian territories in our fair state, are are you throwing barbs from Missouri......"now that's funny-don't care who you are!" ;D ;D

Mike
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 11:58:16 AM by Shadowofshoe »

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2011, 12:48:08 PM »
  Yes we have vast expanses of Appalachian territories in our fair state, are are you throwing barbs from Missouri......"now that's funny-don't care who you are!" ;D ;D

Mike

I always give my Buckeye loving friends a hard time about anything that I can, and my motorcycle brothers are no different.  I guess we'll see how strong OSU is this year without Pryor and Tressel.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2011, 02:01:53 PM »
Allot of views........just sayin!
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2011, 06:48:42 PM »
Allot of views........just sayin!

That is something that I usually don't do while I am riding, maybe I should stop more to take in the scenery instead of blowing through to find that next sweeper.  I usually only stop for fuel or food so I look forward to seeing some new sights.  The covered bridge and river overlook definitely caught my attention, in last years thread.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2011, 07:47:48 PM »
That is something that I usually don't do while I am riding, maybe I should stop more to take in the scenery instead of blowing through to find that next sweeper.  I usually only stop for fuel or food so I look forward to seeing some new sights.  The covered bridge and river overlook definitely caught my attention, in last years thread.

I meant views on this thread, but very few responders! :rotflmao: Now most of the roads we will be riding, you want to be focusing 100%.......or you are gonna get bitten!
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline Shadowofshoe

• Arena
  • Mastiff pup/human pup
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2011, 08:40:45 AM »

News (not that anyone cares :)) .I have been given green light from the boss on fri to sat. even though.   vacation starts Monday now I gotta work out WORK w/new owners who will be in place by then.....

Mike

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2011, 09:57:22 AM »
I care Mike..........and I am glad the few members that are posting are actually coming! :thumbs:
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2011, 11:07:15 AM »
It's ok Pokey, you have had more replies to your bash thread than I have, and my thread has been up for well over a month.  I guess since I am the new guy nobody wants to come try my BBQ since they don't know if I can cook or not.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2011, 06:24:34 PM »
It's ok Pokey, you have had more replies to your bash thread than I have, and my thread has been up for well over a month.  I guess since I am the new guy nobody wants to come try my BBQ since they don't know if I can cook or not.

I would love to try your BBQ, and mine aint too shabby either. 8)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2011, 07:19:45 PM »
I would love to try your BBQ, and mine aint too shabby either. 8)

Come on out, I will show you some of the best Missouri has to offer.  I feel that is only fair since you will be showing me around your neck of the woods.