Author Topic: Show us your Canyon Cage  (Read 143460 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Show us your Canyon Cage
« Reply #420 on: September 26, 2015, 08:25:22 AM »
Thanks, its all plasti-dip at the moment, trying to decide if I want to keep it that way.

If you decide not, how will you get the plasti-dip off?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #421 on: September 26, 2015, 10:36:04 AM »
If you decide not, how will you get the plasti-dip off?

People say it actually just peels off without damage.  Hard to believe it, but I have seen several postings attesting to it.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #422 on: September 26, 2015, 01:03:01 PM »
People say it actually just peels off without damage.  Hard to believe it, but I have seen several postings attesting to it.

I've seen it in action and it does peel off! Haven't seen it used on a bike like that and don't know what the heat from the engine has done to it but it "should" peel off...theoretically!
Mike
Ojai, CA
2016 Black Triumph Trophy SE

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #423 on: September 26, 2015, 04:25:59 PM »
It peels off. I've used it on a few things (bikes/cars), never had an issue.

Offline KevinRLi

• I avoid normal people.
« Reply #424 on: September 26, 2015, 06:41:43 PM »
My cages...

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #425 on: September 26, 2015, 06:46:29 PM »
Is that a tennis shoe sticking out of the exhaust?

Offline KevinRLi

• I avoid normal people.
« Reply #426 on: September 26, 2015, 06:48:52 PM »
Is that a tennis shoe sticking out of the exhaust?

LOL.. My son was kicking the tire for some reason... Or pointing to something. IDK... Good eye!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #427 on: September 26, 2015, 07:02:36 PM »
By the way, I like the tape work. Sharp.

Offline KevinRLi

• I avoid normal people.
« Reply #428 on: September 26, 2015, 07:05:45 PM »
Thanks but that's not tape. That is good old fashioned paint pin striping done by a guy who's been doing it since 1976. He's a fixture here on Long Island. He's always at the Oak Beach parking lot which is a gathering spot for hot rods and bikes on the weekends. Does some amazing work. Throw him a plug while thinking of it for anyone around Long Island. Doesn't have a web site just this.

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #429 on: September 26, 2015, 07:55:34 PM »
Very nice. I like the way they extend from the fins onto the front lower fairing.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #430 on: September 26, 2015, 10:05:47 PM »
LOL.. My son was kicking the tire for some reason... Or pointing to something. IDK... Good eye!

You are also missing the rear bars!  No bag or muffler protection!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline KevinRLi

• I avoid normal people.
« Reply #431 on: September 26, 2015, 10:08:00 PM »
You are also missing the rear bars!  No bag or muffler protection!

Yes sir. I ride without the side bags 99% of the time. Looks weirdness with bars and no bags. HA! This is my daily commuter. All I need is my tail bag for my lunch and a few just in case tools and I'm good to go.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #432 on: September 27, 2015, 05:46:15 AM »
Yes sir. I ride without the side bags 99% of the time. Looks weirdness with bars and no bags. HA! This is my daily commuter. All I need is my tail bag for my lunch and a few just in case tools and I'm good to go.

The rear bars look fine with the bags, but with the bags off, they look horrible.  I never take my bags off, though.  Still, they also protect the muffler and drive arm.