Author Topic: Are Heli bars the answer?  (Read 5061 times)

Offline DON B

Are Heli bars the answer?
« on: August 10, 2014, 07:10:41 PM »
To all those who have heli bars on their c-10. Are they the fix ,if, like me you need bars back considerably more than the sets of risers I have tried. Love the bike but seat to bar ergonomics suck.

enim57

Re: Are Heli bars the answer?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 08:10:12 PM »
I also wanted my bars further back. To do this I slotted the existing 2 holes that bolt onto the top of the triple clamp, only needed to extend about half a hole. Result is a very comfortable and natural wrist position.

Regards, Russell

Offline Racer Boy

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 11:58:08 PM »
My old C10 had Helibars on it, and I liked them a lot. After I had them adjusted so that I was comfortable, I noticed that they were really far back!

I'm must be getting old!

Of course what makes the Helibars so great is how you can adjust every angle, along with height, pull back, etc. Very nice!

They are expensive, but if you can't get comfortable otherwise, they are worth it.

Offline Stasch

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 05:36:38 AM »
To all those who have heli bars on their c-10. Are they the fix ,if, like me you need bars back considerably more than the sets of risers I have tried. Love the bike but seat to bar ergonomics suck.

This is one of those subjective things as everyone seems to have different ergonomic needs.

I had a set but they didn't come back far enough for me while many others have found it to be the answer for them.

I had to figure out where I wanted the grips to be, then find a solution that placed them where I wanted 'em.

Heli's might do it for you.  I have a bar adaptor and a 7'8" bar from a late 70's / early 80's CB650 or CB750.

I've had to move things around a bit because when you change seat or pegs, it can sometimes change the HB requirements.
Stan Visser - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - > C10 STUFF FOR SALE - Parts List

He IS a racer, hence the forward lean!!  by: Mettler1

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 05:44:19 AM »
@stasch...Those c10 Helibars are wonderful on my c14... :)

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 06:39:48 AM »
They are great on the C10. If you buy them your going to need to replace the brake and clutch lines so that would be a good time to go to S.S. lines.
If you still have fuel in the tank, you are not lost yet
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle

Offline Pfloydgad

• When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 06:13:01 AM »
In a nutshell: YES
Mine have been on both my C-10's, and I use a couple different positions every season. A little more up and out in the warm weather, for hand air. And tucked in and tighter to the center for the cold weather, same reason, but for less air.
I personally enjoy the ability to adjust at a moments notice right down my alley.
Hope this helps, ride safe all.
Greg
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2014, 05:27:01 AM »
Another vote for yes.... While I don't ride much I really don't think I'd still own my Concours without the Heli-Bars as even very short rides were putting my hands in severe pain; with or without bar risers... With the Heli-Bars adjusted to my liking while my hands can still give me the tingles I'm no longer in pain within a few miles of home...
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2014, 05:10:48 AM »
Unless there's just a very specific placement you are needing, I think a tube bar adapter and 7/8" ATV or MC bars is a much less expensive way to go. Even if you have to buy a couple different bars to get what you want they're usually in the 25.00 range so it doesn't break the bank. Steve

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2014, 02:40:22 PM »
I got my Heli bars on the cheap from a (former?) member here, too cheap to even mention! While I like them and they have definitely helped, I could personally use a little more height than offered by the Heli's.  With that being said, they are NOT for sale  ;D
'12 C-14, Vance and Hines CS One muffler, lowered pegs, tank bra, bar risers, Phil's Farkles rack with Givi V46 top box, fender extender, Bucks tail brights, Canyon Cages and much more to come!
COG 9331
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1302;type=avatar&time=1422479190

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2014, 04:08:57 PM »
Heli Bars Horizon ST bars were the answer for me and my C14. No comparison with simple risers. Totally adjustable and can come way further back.