Author Topic: Boot Shopping  (Read 14323 times)

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Arena
Re: Boot Shopping
« Reply #40 on: February 21, 2014, 10:45:37 PM »
Hey Mike, how thick are these socks? Do I need to worry about going up a boot size? My Alpinestars vented boots are obviously not waterproof. This could be the ticket for me.
Nope, they fit like a well made pair of Italian dress gloves. Order your shoe size  that you normally wear. They come with self wicking stay dry socks and  the outside Kevlar, all nice and thin. I wear them in my Joe Rocket Speedmaster3 vented  track boots which I  could only wear non-thick socks  in already so you should be fine.
I bought mine from here: Free shipping , no tax and they arrived in 3 days
http://tinyurl.com/mk53m7t

Let me know how you like them. 
If you still have fuel in the tank, you are not lost yet
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle

Offline Conrad

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2014, 05:54:27 AM »

Our sense of humor is so similar it is just scary.  ;D

:)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2014, 11:04:50 PM »
Picked up a pair of the A_stars Web Gortex today, they fit great and are plenty comfy. My local motorcycle super store had a pair on the clearance rack in my size and as a added bonus i told them about a online price and the matched that after tax for me which was $170 out the door. It was between them and a pair of icon region's, the icons were nice too but not goretex and when i tried the left foot on i accuall broke the zipper on them so that kinda made up my mind. I also picked up a pair or A_stars Radiant Drystar  gloves on the clearance rack too for $35 so it was a good shopping day. Thanks for all the info and tips you guys rock.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2014, 06:04:24 AM »
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2014, 06:08:04 AM »

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2014, 09:31:01 AM »
Basically it's becoming (as we say here in VA) more twits than you can shake a stick at....
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2014, 09:36:18 AM »
Basically it's becoming (as we say here in VA) more twits than you can shake a stick at....

Why would you want to shake a stick at em? Is it like one of those divining rods but it points out twits instead of water?   ???

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2014, 11:45:10 AM »
Exactly..

Offline Stephen.G.Fiddes

• They don't call me crash for nothing...
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2014, 11:20:05 PM »
Another option is 5.11 or Danner tactical boots.

Here is what I wear when I go full boot: http://www.amazon.com/Danner-Desert-TFX-Hot-Tan/dp/B00131NBWO

Have to be careful with some styles about zippers and snaps in places that can scratch your paintwork, but they do offer decent protection.

Good Luck,
- RightD

I wear these boots every month for drill they're great to walk around in, but other than ankle support, they're just like tennis shoes as far as protection goes. Im in a light field artillery unit that moves A LOT when we go to the field, and I've kicked a few rocks in the craphole known as yakima training center setting equipment up, and that usually hurts like a mofo. Cant imagine a crash feeling much better.

Still better than the Nike's i normally wear on the bike cause money is tight at the moment ... :( I really want the web goretex, and a pair of good low-cut boots for the summer...
2013 Kawasaki Concours 14 - CURRENT
2012 Yamaha V-Star 250 - WIFE'S
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R - SOLD
1982 Honda CM450E - SOLD

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2014, 11:39:14 PM »
page 4 of....   boot chat!? 

do you all ride at all
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2014, 06:45:44 AM »
page 4 of....   boot chat!? 

do you all ride at all

Well Steve it is still winter in some locations.  This was what I woke up to 2 weeks ago.

Too iffy to ride the bike to the coast and get stuck, but last week sure was nice at the beach.

My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2014, 09:44:28 AM »
I couldn't even get to my bike shed till last week,

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2014, 07:13:34 PM »

That and the extreme girth and weight of the beast would sink into your yard!!!! Build the garage or barn boy.....it is only money!  :D
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2014, 10:12:05 PM »

YOu are in much better shape than we......I was in Lancaster this weekend....great saturday with some bikes on the road...only to come home to Muncie Sunday and find that there is still ice the length of the driveway and a 3 foot drift between the house and the back barn. No way the bike is getting through the drift or down the drive. I really believe there is still gravel somewhere underneath all that chit.
2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2014, 04:12:18 PM »

That and the extreme girth and weight of the beast would sink into your yard!!!! Build the garage or barn boy.....it is only money!  :D
im working on it

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2014, 08:12:25 AM »
Nope, they fit like a well made pair of Italian dress gloves. Order your shoe size  that you normally wear. They come with self wicking stay dry socks and  the outside Kevlar, all nice and thin. I wear them in my Joe Rocket Speedmaster3 vented  track boots which I  could only wear non-thick socks  in already so you should be fine.
I bought mine from here: Free shipping , no tax and they arrived in 3 days
http://tinyurl.com/mk53m7t

Let me know how you like them.
Just got these yesterday. Have not been able to test them for waterproofness yet, but I trust the video's. Walked around the house with them on for a good 30-40 minutes while my girlfriend laughed at me.

Thanks Mike  :thumbs:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2014, 09:29:06 AM »
Just got these yesterday. Have not been able to test them for waterproofness yet, but I trust the video's. Walked around the house with them on for a good 30-40 minutes while my girlfriend laughed at me.

Thanks Mike  :thumbs:

She wasn't laughing at the socks...  ;) ;D

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2014, 10:34:06 AM »
Agreed.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2014, 03:31:19 AM »

Offline Conrad

« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2014, 05:50:45 AM »

:rotflmao: