Author Topic: Well gang, the ZG has run her course and is on to her next chapter...  (Read 26138 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: Well gang, the ZG has run her course and is on to her next chapter...
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2015, 10:49:28 AM »
^^^ We still see those shelves in the background loaded with goodies.  ;D

Jay, good luck and enjoy.

Thanks GP!  :)

Those shelves will be empty by the end of today, heading off to get a box truck here in a couple hours...

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2015, 10:50:16 AM »
Good luck J!  Don't be a stranger.

Thanks C!  :)

I'll try to stop in and keep you, GP, and Sparky in line...  ;)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2015, 10:51:15 AM »
Congrats, cool bike for sure.  I'd like to get your impressions after some time/miles.

The Super Duke has been calling my name but I'll likely wait a few years and hope to stumble into a deal on good used one.  It would fit in well with the rest of the stable.

Thanks B!  :)

Will do on the review after a bit.

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2015, 06:46:09 PM »
Going to miss ya.   
 Thanks for all the inspiration   8)
Someone had to.  ;D ;D

Yer still a tool...  ::)

elp_jc

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2015, 12:23:29 PM »
Yer still a tool...  ::)
Nope; you're still a sissy ;). Do you want us to tell you how much better your new bike is? Wrong forum for that. Ignored.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2015, 01:16:22 PM »
Nope; you're still a sissy ;) . Do you want us to tell you how much better your new bike is? Wrong forum for that. Ignored.

What I find so funny about you is that you don't even realize that you most likely hold the record for being on the most peoples ignore list, pretty much everyone I know of this forum has you on their ignore list because you're such an a-hole to people and act like you know everything, and everyone rolls their eyes at you and your posts because you clearly don't. It's also the same reason why you got ran off the COG forum too because so many people disliked you and would constantly call you an idiot and a moron. I think this is your MO though, which is so sad, when I was looking at buying a BMW 1600GT I was spending some time on those forums too and sure enough I saw your posts over there as well, and again you came across as a know it all and yet again nobody over there liked you either... Part of me hopes we never cross paths because you're such a tool, but another part of me actually hopes we do cross paths so I can tell you all this and more right to your face. You really should take a gut check man, it's never too late to change and right your ways, time on this planet is short, don't waste it being an idiot.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2015, 01:18:19 PM »
Going to miss ya.   
 Thanks for all the inspiration   8)
Someone had to.  ;D ;D

Thanks RD!  :)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2015, 02:02:15 PM »
Hey, best of luck with that new ride Jay! Nice looking bike, and the KTMs have always been pretty interesting to me as they seem to make things that are a bit different but not out- of- the- park wacky.

Please do stop by now and then and let us know how you are doing and how you like that bike; it would be great to hear reports about that bike from a long- time C-14 owner as I think it would give us (C-14 owners) a better perspective than, say, a magazine article.

Brian

She's been a great bike and a ton of fun for me over the past 5 years, I've done everything I could to her and wish her all the best with her new owner!  :thumbs: :thumbs:

Still a little sad to see her go...  :'(  [/size]
I'll still stop in to say hello from time to time I'm sure, I have made many great life time friends here on the forum!  :chugbeer:

As for what I replaced the ZG with...

I just bought a brand new KTM 1290 Super Adventure. It's really an amazing bike IMO, if you haven't ridden one yet I encourage you to do so! In comparison to the Connie it's about 200 lbs lighter with 20 more hp with major low end twin grunt and go, 8 gallon tank, heated grips and seats, cruise control, self cancelling turn signals, ABS, traction, multiple fuel map modes, multiple suspension modes, adaptive suspension (ie it sense's what you're doing in situations like diving into a corner etc and automatically adjusts the suspension settings on it's own  :o ),  it even has lights on the sides that sense the lean angle and turns the lights on while going through a turn to light up the street at night for better visibility in turns, and a slue of so much more technology stuff that I can't even think of at the minute!

Oh, and so far she is getting along just fine with my KTM dirt toy 500 EXC!  ;D

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2015, 02:51:51 PM »
Nope; you're still a sissy ;).

Yeah Jay take that you sissy, 'cause real men:
I've only refueled my 2015 once,...
;D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do stop by now and then and let us know how you are doing and how you like that bike; it would be great to hear reports about that bike from a long- time C-14 owner as I think it would give us (C-14 owners) a better perspective than, say, a magazine article.

:goodpost:  gotta second that one!

Offline texrider

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2015, 09:14:57 PM »
Congrats on the new ride 8)
For me, all the bikes I've enjoyed have included meeting a great group of enthusiasts. The C14 was no exception :)
Happy Holidays and Happy Trails!
2014 Valkyrie

Offline Conrad

« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2015, 05:07:15 AM »

What I find so funny about you is that you don't even realize that you most likely hold the record for being on the most peoples ignore list, pretty much everyone I know of this forum has you on their ignore list because you're such an a-hole to people and act like you know everything, and everyone rolls their eyes at you and your posts because you clearly don't. It's also the same reason why you got ran off the COG forum too because so many people disliked you and would constantly call you an idiot and a moron. I think this is your MO though, which is so sad, when I was looking at buying a BMW 1600GT I was spending some time on those forums too and sure enough I saw your posts over there as well, and again you came across as a know it all and yet again nobody over there liked you either... Part of me hopes we never cross paths because you're such a tool, but another part of me actually hopes we do cross paths so I can tell you all this and more right to your face. You really should take a gut check man, it's never too late to change and right your ways, time on this planet is short, don't waste it being an idiot.

+1
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2015, 05:23:36 AM »
Did we really have to go there?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.