Author Topic: Any good antifog remedies?  (Read 8129 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: Any good antifog remedies?
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2011, 07:34:59 AM »
Another fog remedy may be to come ride with us in FL.  Clear and warm last night  ;D

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2011, 08:23:50 AM »
Another fog remedy may be to come ride with us in FL.  Clear and warm last night  ;D

Come January I'll be wishing I was there but in the mean time, it's sooooooo flat. And do they put any bends in the roads? ;D

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2011, 01:34:51 PM »
We have some of the best Motorcycle turns in the country in FL:

Daytona International Speedway
Homestead-Miami International
Jennings GP (my favorite)
Morrosso

I usually spend the hot summers in the mountains of western NC, this year i took a month out and roamed the country. Not a fan of FL in the summer!  But its getting niiiiiiiiiice  ;D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline jim_de_hunter

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2011, 07:30:29 PM »
My experience was the opposite.  I didn't like the Pro-Grip - the adhesive came undone allowing fog to occur between the Pro-Grip shield and the helmet shield.  (And when it's between the two, you can't just wipe it off)  The Fog City shields I've used have worked great.

Fog City had the clear adhesive and the Pro-Grip had the black rubber, right?

2006 ZG1000 "The Blue Monster"

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2011, 07:47:16 AM »
Fog City had the clear adhesive and the Pro-Grip had the black rubber, right?

Yep.  I liked the Pro-Grip at first, but after only a couple of months, the adhesive was starting to let go.  My current Fog City has been on my shield since last season and is holding up well.
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline Mister Tee

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2011, 11:07:52 AM »
Yep.  I liked the Pro-Grip at first, but after only a couple of months, the adhesive was starting to let go.  My current Fog City has been on my shield since last season and is holding up well.

I'm glad to hear that, as I could not find a pinlock shield that was compatible with my visor at Cycle Gear but they did have a Fog City.  I installed it over the weekend but I haven't had a chance to test it out yet.

If it trashes my visor oh well because I have several clear visors for that helmet anyway.

Offline Gearhead82

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2011, 11:49:39 AM »
'09 C14, Area P Full System, BMC, Flies out, PCV

Offline Mister Tee

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2011, 03:44:32 PM »
This looks Promising:  http://www.webbikeworld.com/r4/ria-permanent-anti-fog-coating/

I even googled the company - their website says everything except where to buy it.  I would give it a shot.

Offline okxd45

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2011, 05:22:20 PM »
I second the pinlock system.  Ordered a HJC CL-16 helmet that came with the pinlock.  Today it was 51 and misty (at my new home state of PA).  I could not get the visor to fog up.  I too found that using Dawn would help some, but not like this!   ;)
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline Mister Tee

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2011, 09:21:27 AM »
Okay I went to Cycle Gear a couple weeks ago to get a pinlock insert for my helmet but they had none compatible, so I got a Fog City.

It does as advertised, it did not fog up.  BUT, night vision kind of sucked due to reflections and refractions, and it just didn't look clear anymore.  They even had a warning to not use it at night.  Duh, that's when I need it the most!  I don't need it during the daytime!  Even daytime vision was annoying although it is adequate.

I slapped my other clear visor on this morning.  I wouldn't get another one but I'll save the Fog City visor for really, really cold days where fog is a real problem.  Barring a better anti fog solution for which I am still searching.