Author Topic: New old guy  (Read 1334 times)

Offline actwin

New old guy
« on: May 17, 2020, 10:23:31 AM »
 Hello all, new member here. Been riding for about 50 years  Started in the dirt ,raced some Hare Scrambles, went to Harleys 85th and 90th birthday parties, did the poker run thing for a few years. Got my first Ducati said gooood bye to the Harleys forever. Have owned 13 different brands of bikes and am a Charter Life Member of the AMA and now have a 2018 Concours I picked up new in January of 2019.

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
Re: New old guy
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 12:04:31 PM »
Hello all, new member here. Been riding for about 50 years  Started in the dirt ,raced some Hare Scrambles, went to Harleys 85th and 90th birthday parties, did the poker run thing for a few years. Got my first Ducati said gooood bye to the Harleys forever. Have owned 13 different brands of bikes and am a Charter Life Member of the AMA and now have a 2018 Concours I picked up new in January of 2019.
Welcome to the club!  This forum has covered almost everything possible for this bike.  Great people here.  Enjoy!
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 10:11:53 AM »
Welcome New Old Guy (aka: actwin)!

:grouphug:

I picked up new in January of 2019.

I'm sorry it took you so long to find us, what?..16 months since you purchased the bike?
Well, anyway glad you are here now. Whatcha been up to in 16 months, any trips??

Great people here.  Enjoy!

Rubber_Snake is right about that, however a few of those "great people" can't help from occasionally slipping into
political opinion, just ignore them (well no, don't ignore them, just ignore their political stuff.) and don't get sucked into the fray.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 04:10:12 PM »
Welcome New Old Guy (aka: actwin)!

:grouphug:

I'm sorry it took you so long to find us, what?..16 months since you purchased the bike?
Well, anyway glad you are here now. Whatcha been up to in 16 months, any trips??

Rubber_Snake is right about that, however a few of those "great people" can't help from occasionally slipping into
political opinion, just ignore them (well no, don't ignore them, just ignore their political stuff.) and don't get sucked into the fray.

Marty...Marty...Marty   You can't leave the new guy hanging like that. Show him the button for the Arena and ask if it's the red pill or blue pill.  8)

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2020, 06:58:13 AM »
Marty...Marty...Marty   You can't leave the new guy hanging like that. Show him the button for the Arena and ask if it's the red pill or blue pill.  8)

There's a button?

Well, regardless, the new guy don't need no stinkin' button, as he's got a C14 and an AMA card.
He might need a flash, but he doesn't need a button, nor a pill choice.
(and you forgot the purple choice) 8)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 12:21:32 PM by fartymarty »

Offline actwin

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2020, 04:00:26 PM »
Yea I was in 7 states on the C14 last year, still only put 7,000 miles on it tho. Should of mentioned I just got a re flash from Steve a few weeks back.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2020, 12:24:56 PM »
Yea I was in 7 states on the C14 last year, still only put 7,000 miles on it tho. Should of mentioned I just got a re flash from Steve a few weeks back.

Cool and Cool, you're off to a good start.  :thumbs: