Author Topic: I think me tyre has gone bad, call NHTSA  (Read 1960 times)

Offline Fretka

I think me tyre has gone bad, call NHTSA
« on: October 07, 2011, 01:49:13 AM »
http://www.ducatisti.co.uk/forum/ducati-chat/64838-supercorsa-bsb-b-careful.html

This is another example of what tire companies have to deal with!

And yes, I do think this guy hasn't a clue!

fretka
Wretched excess visited upon an innocent C-14

Offline Awaz

• Arena
Re: I think me tyre has gone bad, call NHTSA
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 10:44:37 AM »
Ok. You will have to educate me on this....I could not see the pictures from work, but are you saying he abused the tires and blaming it on the tire companies?
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline Kazairl

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 12:52:46 PM »
Not so much abuse as an unrealistic expectation of what the tire was meant to do. In other words, The owner picked the wrong tire and is blaming it on the tire company.

Offline Fretka

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 12:24:40 PM »
The center of the tire is worn down to the belts from riding in a straight line. Pure and simple. Now don't get me wrong, I am not a particular friend or mouthpiece for tire companies, it's just from time to time the "sky is falling" attitude mixed with "can't be my fault" further worsened by ignorance can turn a trivial thing into "mass hysteria". There was another example of this in the previous iteration of this board about "flexi-tires". Never did hear how that turned out, but I do know a "hawk from a handsaw when the wind is from the east" (apologies to W.S.) and there was nothing amiss with those flexi PR-2's.

Fretka
Wretched excess visited upon an innocent C-14