Author Topic: emergency rear hub needed for stranded COGr in Alaska..  (Read 8349 times)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
emergency rear hub needed for stranded COGr in Alaska..
« on: September 04, 2014, 03:33:52 PM »
one of our COG brothers GOTTARIDE COG#10652 up in Alberta is stranded in Alaska, and needs a rear splined damper hub from the wheel to get back home.
He's been stuck there a few days thinking he had a transmission problem, I have been watching his woes, and diagnosed that the wheel splined hub piece was stripped.. he needs one to get back on the road, anybody that has one, especially if you are in the NorthWest zone, please get in touch with him thru the COG forum, or even thru me if necessary. If you have one and want his name, p/m me and I'll give it out to a COG member to look him up in your Membership book.
I'm sure after what he has gone thru, he'll cover shipping overnight, and send the part back to you when he gets back home... duh... help a brother out...

oh, Mods, please don't bury this in the wanted section, it ain't conducive to getting him home... mmmkay?
thanks yall

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
Re: emergency rear hub needed for stranded COGr in Alaska..
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 07:57:50 PM »
I HAVE A GOOD USED DRIVE PLATE I CAN SEND YOU FED-EX TOMORROW MORNING IF YOU WANT IT.

It is off my 2003 bike, with about 60,000 miles on it, with maybe 20% wear on the splines.  I pulled it off a couple months ago because I was redoing tires, wheel bearings, etc., and the new one had been sitting in my basement for some time "just in case".  The old one is very serviceable.

If you still need/want it, PM me with your phone number up there and we can discuss shipping arrangements.

I live in NW Washington, so I'm not that far away, as the Connie flies.

gottaride:

I sent you a PM with my home and cell phone numbers, call me anytime to night I am usually up until around 2 am.  Also, posted this reply on the "other" COG forum, trying to cover all the bases.

MOB:  I sent you a PM also with my phone numbers, since you seem intent on helping out.  Thanks!
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 08:10:47 PM »
I HAVE A GOOD USED DRIVE PLATE I CAN SEND YOU FED-EX TOMORROW MORNING IF YOU WANT IT.

It is off my 2003 bike, with about 60,000 miles on it, with maybe 20% wear on the splines.  I pulled it off a couple months ago because I was redoing tires, wheel bearings, etc., and the new one had been sitting in my basement for some time "just in case".  The old one is very serviceable.

If you still need/want it, PM me with your phone number up there and we can discuss shipping arrangements.

I live in NW Washington, so I'm not that far away, as the Connie flies.

gottaride:

I sent you a PM with my home and cell phone numbers, call me anytime to night I am usually up until around 2 am.  Also, posted this reply on the "other" COG forum, trying to cover all the bases.
:goodpost: :chugbeer:
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

Offline Racer Boy

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 10:23:57 PM »
I can't help with the hub, but am very familiar with the perils of shipping things to Alaska. Is the COG'er in Anchorage, Fairbanks, or Juneau? If so, then you can FedEx it to him. If he is someplace else, you'll have to either use UPS or the post office.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 10:54:40 PM »
I think he's in Anchorage, the other forum first post he made tells the dealership name.

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 05:52:07 AM »
I have an extra one too if needed and can get it at lunch to send out.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline LessPaul

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 01:01:33 PM »
This is way cool.  +100.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 01:16:00 PM »

Offline Nosmo

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 07:10:18 PM »
gottaride

DANG!  Missed you by seconds.  I was outside with the chainsaw and when I shut it off to refuel I heard your voice coming over the answering machine.  Didn't get to the phone in time. 

Call me again on the cell number and I promise I will sit here quietly and make no noise until I hear from you.

I can get the part to FedEx here in the morning they open at 9:00 am.

All I need is the exact address.

I'll post on other threads in case you look there.

I'll also send you another PM with my email address, I should have done that to start with.

Offline Nosmo

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 10:48:35 PM »
I have spoken with Gottaride and he knows I will try FedEx or UPS and get it shipped tomorrow morning.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2014, 04:42:57 AM »
+1,000 :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2014, 04:51:12 AM »
I should add a "from the bleachers" thank you to MOB for bringing to the attention of someone who could help him out.

Offline Nosmo

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2014, 11:55:52 AM »
gottaride:

Well, it's all in the hands of FedEx now.  Should be there Monday "sometime" in the morning.  Tracking # 803735464923.

Funny, given the time elapsed and the cost of shipping, it would have been about the same to toss it in a saddle bag and do an Iron Butt run up there.

I left a voice message at the shop also.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2014, 01:18:47 PM »
seems to me, this is why I keep my COG membership renewed. If ever it were to happen to me...
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2014, 03:47:22 PM »
seems to me, this is why I keep my COG membership renewed. If ever it were to happen to me...

Its all karma brother, and one of the reasons I pay that yearly fee, and also for my wife... besides, it gives us voting rights as to what direction the club runs in, and especially who is empowered to make decisions with respect to the members.

Not to mention that great book full of phone numbers when you break down in BFE

I just did what I thought I would have prayed for if I contacted a pal and said I was stuck, with limited resources, thank goodness I have more COG pals than enemies, and even a few of them would still likely assist..... I've done some things as a kid that I realized I needed to push Karma. I think I have some good K coming my way for now.

Offline Nosmo

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2014, 06:09:01 PM »
Maybe I should think about renewing my membership. :-[   

I'm waaay deep in Karmic debt.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2014, 06:18:31 PM »
Maybe I should think about renewing my membership. :-[

Don't take my comments as any degradation to your efforts, on the contrary, you responded and stepped up moreso than a lot of folks, I hand you a lot of thank you's for that.
I cannot short you for non member status, you have been there and contributed often, without compromise, and honestly can say on THIS forum there is still a lot of work COG needs to do "in house" to clean the slate, for that reasoñ I can say anyone that doesn't want to send money for a membership I can understand, and mostly agree with... I've had that thought many times, and everytime I ask myself do I want to pay again.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your contributions sir, I sincerely apreciate it.

I will say tho, I didn't see any upper echelon players, or officers giving a rats azz about helping this fellow out.
Food for thought.

Offline Nosmo

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2014, 10:23:04 PM »
No worries, MOB, I didn't take anything  negative from your post at all.  I was just poking myself a bit.

Actually I have no good reason for not renewing, it just expired, and inertia took over and I never got around to it.

And I have missed the Concourier.  Maybe I'll give myself a gift membership for Christmas.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2014, 01:04:06 AM »
No worries, MOB, I didn't take anything  negative from your post at all.  I was just poking myself a bit.

Actually I have no good reason for not renewing, it just expired, and inertia took over and I never got around to it.

And I have missed the Concourier.  Maybe I'll give myself a gift membership for Christmas.

mine expired last weekend...gotta renew, just a matter of time... and I seldom see my Concourier, I think I've gotten 2 or 3 in the last 2 years... seems they either get lost, or people allow so much slack they never print them... when I was writing articals, I got my azz handed to me for being 3 days late for an issue... now, mehh, they do what they want... ::) ::) ::)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2014, 07:00:18 AM »
And at some point, paying dues simply underwrites the problems, maintains poor behavior and ultimately, pays for a place for non- members to have all the benefits of membership. The coup de grace is when non- members get abusive, using the very platform that members' dues pay for to deliver their venom. Those things all group together and really make it tough to send any money that way....

But hey, there are choices- there are two local BMW groups that I ride with occasionally (they sponsor long distance rallies); great folk and believe it or not, the club dues are less expensive ($25 / yr and $30 / yr - I would only join one of course). Of course I don't see myself doing anything so drastic as actually riding one of Hans' finest but they are cool about that too as long as the thing has a muffler and one does not wear one's underwear wrapped around one's head. And  just for dessert, a couple of local ex- COGgers, who I really like, recently joined that group (and drank the Kool Aid, and bought the hardware, and got stuck in the world- wide recall  >:(  ).

Brian

Don't take my comments as any degradation to your efforts, on the contrary, you responded and stepped up moreso than a lot of folks, I hand you a lot of thank you's for that.
I cannot short you for non member status, you have been there and contributed often, without compromise, and honestly can say on THIS forum there is still a lot of work COG needs to do "in house" to clean the slate, for that reasoñ I can say anyone that doesn't want to send money for a membership I can understand, and mostly agree with... I've had that thought many times, and everytime I ask myself do I want to pay again.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your contributions sir, I sincerely apreciate it.

I will say tho, I didn't see any upper echelon players, or officers giving a rats azz about helping this fellow out.
Food for thought.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com