Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 672602 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #1360 on: February 14, 2014, 04:49:38 AM »
That's a good idea and I have one of those but the door gap is so tight that it wouldn't work without damaging the door.  I was perfectly willing to wait until the ice melted from the heat of the hair dryer.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1361 on: February 14, 2014, 05:22:50 AM »
At 4am and 2 degrees it would refreeze as fast as it melts. That's why I keep an old truck. My wife has a remote start so she defreezes hers from the kitchen.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1362 on: February 14, 2014, 05:30:41 AM »
It was above freezing here...  If it was 4am and 2 degrees it would stay frozen.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1363 on: February 14, 2014, 05:38:04 AM »
Got to go to work.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #1364 on: February 15, 2014, 11:46:51 AM »
I burned up a belt on the snowblower going through knee deep drifts. Wasn't designed for that. Had to use the shovel especially at the end of the driveway where it was deeper and the snow had a lot more water in it from the salt. Now we can't see out the driveway when we want to pull out the snow is almost 5 feet high.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1365 on: February 15, 2014, 11:52:40 AM »
Yeah, you 'middle of the country, flatlanders' are really catching it. We are too but as usual, nothing near your level.

There is about 8" on the ground now, the roads are mostly clear and it has just started snowing again.... pretty hard (easy boys!). The forecast is for 6" to 10" by tomorrow. I am re-arranging the skids on the snowblower now in an effort to get it to bite in and dig a big harder; it is riding up on the hard snow in front of it and I am shooting for more digging. I think I will start a different thread about that 'cause some of you people must know more about blowing snow than us coastal wussies :-)

Brian

I burned up a belt on the snowblower going through knee deep drifts. Wasn't designed for that. Had to use the shovel especially at the end of the driveway where it was deeper and the snow had a lot more water in it from the salt. Now we can't see out the driveway when we want to pull out the snow is almost 5 feet high.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #1366 on: February 15, 2014, 12:08:20 PM »
We are going up to 60F next week, no rain though, but 60F is just too warm after getting so much snow and it being below freezing for 2 months now. I actually saw bare cement yesterday on the driveway! Too soon.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1367 on: February 16, 2014, 06:53:13 AM »
We are going up to 60F next week, no rain though, but 60F is just too warm after getting so much snow and it being below freezing for 2 months now. I actually saw bare cement yesterday on the driveway! Too soon.

Mid 40s for us next week. Warm enough to ride for sure but I'd have to get the bike through the mess below first. That's a 6" base of hard snow and ice with more fresh stuff on top of it, around 18 inches of snow all together.

[smg id=630]
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1368 on: February 16, 2014, 06:58:48 AM »
Car snow tires..

Son of Pappy

« Reply #1369 on: February 16, 2014, 08:19:38 AM »
Car snow tires..
Sissy.  Why tear up the roads with studded car tires?  Go this route instead and pickup your man card.  (Put on them CCs while you are at it Jim).
http://www.yearroundriders.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6745

Offline Conrad

wind map
« Reply #1370 on: February 20, 2014, 05:33:11 AM »
Very cool animated map of the winds in the United States.

http://hint.fm/wind/index.html

Click on the map to zoom, mouse over to see the speed at that location.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: wind map
« Reply #1371 on: February 20, 2014, 11:05:46 AM »
Very cool animated map of the winds in the United States.

http://hint.fm/wind/index.html

Click on the map to zoom, mouse over to see the speed at that location.

Cool! I'm assuming this is surface winds. Would love to have a map like this for different altitudes. Would be awesome for pilots.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1372 on: February 21, 2014, 04:53:15 AM »
We've had well above freezing high temps for the last two days so a large amount of the snow in the pic below has melted. My garage is just to the left as you look at the pic (that's my sled trailer). There's nowhere for the water to go except into my garage. I have at least an inch of slush covering the floor in my garage now!  :o :o

[smg id=630]

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1373 on: February 26, 2014, 04:31:55 PM »
So I was wondering just how many times Groundhog Day is repeated in the movie 'Groundhog Day'. With a little help from Google, it appears that there were quite a few; at least 3,176 days or 8 years, 8 months, and 16 days according to one website named Worf Gnards. And he even has a graph representing the big portions of how Phil allocated his time..... Learning to sculpture ice and play the piano seem to take up the greatest single portions. This is a link to his site: http://www.wolfgnards.com/index.php/2009/06/16/how-long-does-billy-murray-spend-in-grou

Harold Ramis actually responds to this page and that response is located at the bottom of the page referenced. It seems that Mr. Ramis thought that Worf Gnards.... had too much time on his hands....  ;D

And let's all remember: "Don't drive angry, don't drive angry."

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1374 on: February 27, 2014, 05:06:08 AM »
So I was wondering just how many times Groundhog Day is repeated in the movie 'Groundhog Day'. With a little help from Google, it appears that there were quite a few; at least 3,176 days or 8 years, 8 months, and 16 days according to one website named Worf Gnards. And he even has a graph representing the big portions of how Phil allocated his time..... Learning to sculpture ice and play the piano seem to take up the greatest single portions. This is a link to his site: http://www.wolfgnards.com/index.php/2009/06/16/how-long-does-billy-murray-spend-in-grou

Harold Ramis actually responds to this page and that response is located at the bottom of the page referenced. It seems that Mr. Ramis thought that Worf Gnards.... had too much time on his hands....  ;D

And let's all remember: "Don't drive angry, don't drive angry."

Brian

How many times did Phil step in that slush filled pot hole?

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #1375 on: February 27, 2014, 06:24:18 PM »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1376 on: February 28, 2014, 04:40:42 PM »
Two people down with the stomach flu here.  Doing my best to keep the house disinfected....think Monk...only worse.  Will make the ultimate sacrifice and disinfect my stomach with alcohol..preferably vodka and vermouth..  Hope it works.

Will now go for a second round...feeling the first was not enough.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 05:21:11 PM by VirginiaJim »

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1377 on: March 01, 2014, 06:42:57 AM »
Two people down with the stomach flu here.  Doing my best to keep the house disinfected....think Monk...only worse.  Will make the ultimate sacrifice and disinfect my stomach with alcohol..preferably vodka and vermouth..  Hope it works.

Will now go for a second round...feeling the first was not enough.

One can't be too careful with stomach bugs. I would have recommended at least 4 rounds of treatment at a minimum.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1378 on: March 01, 2014, 06:50:44 AM »
So far so good.  Treatment appears to be working, albeit with side affects.   The recommended dosage is at least two.  Unfortunately after taking it I feel like doing nothing and I get somewhat loopy and in the morning I have a slight headache.  However, I am working through it.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1379 on: March 01, 2014, 06:56:08 AM »
So far so good.  Treatment appears to be working, albeit with side affects.   The recommended dosage is at least two.  Unfortunately after taking it I feel like doing nothing and I get somewhat loopy and in the morning I have a slight headache.  However, I am working through it.

What a trooper!