Author Topic: Throaty Toughest Looking Exhaust  (Read 9304 times)

Offline Surf Concours

Throaty Toughest Looking Exhaust
« on: January 13, 2016, 10:18:39 AM »
I’m a new owner of a 2014 Concours ’14 ABS  and interested in upgrading the exhaust to a deeper (less thrill) sound and lose some weight. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.
 Kevin
 Annapolis, MD

Offline C14lvr

Re: Throaty Toughest Looking Exhaust
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 10:32:40 AM »
I swapped my stock muffler for the Vance & Hines CSOne.
Definitely deeper tone, somewhat louder at idle, very similar sound level when cruising, but wails like a banshee when you get on it!

Big size and weight difference, too.
I gave $200 for mine, slightly used, from a member.

Here's the 2 pipes, side by side.

2011 C14 ABS black w/red/yellow, B.D.F lofuel W.E.,SSD h/g's,
2" setback risers, Phil's wedges/rear rack,K Gel-seat, Rostra CC, AST tourpegs, techspec, 2"droppegs, 4"droppass pegs, Fuzeblock,  7"Garmin, fenda ext, LED tag plate, Ip5S Ram mt, TMeister, Mirror LED t/s, Bestem TBox, CB HDUT w/s, TRex front/CC bag, Wolo Badboy, Tailbrights, Scala G9X, Scorpion EXO1200 Jag, PR4GT's55's, 55W Qz Dr

Offline Flat-spot

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 10:46:11 AM »
http://www.delkevic.us

Look good, sound good, well built, less $$ than most.

! No longer available

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 01:07:06 PM »
Area P slip-on

[smg id=421]

[smg id=422]

[smg id=423]
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

elp_jc

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 03:47:10 PM »
To me the best compromise was the TBR black-series C/F slip-on. Main reason I chose that one is its looks, and that it offers TWO different dB inserts to make it quieter. I went with the quieter one (P1X), but it chokes this big motor, so don't recommend it. Plus it didn't sound that good. TBR was nice enough to send me the other (P1), and it's perfect. Slightly louder than the other, but much richer sounding, and much more tolerable than any of the other systems not offered with them. Plus the can looks OEM with the sticker removed, and without the gaping hole at the rear of the muffler. And didn't notice any dips in low-end torque. If you want to keep neighbors happy, and not attract too much attention to yourself, you should opt for one of the few systems offered with an insert. Oh, and the third reason was the insert is not held by a freaking bolt on this can; much more elegant solution ;D. Good luck.

Offline harry76

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 06:24:55 PM »

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 07:15:41 PM »
I’m a new owner of a 2014 Concours ’14 ABS

Welcome!!

and interested in upgrading changing the exhaust  muffler

FTFY!  Lots of choices, many not so cheap though.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 05:51:27 AM by maxtog »
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 07:25:50 PM »
Welcome!

As it is with most things, you get what you pay for. Unless, of course, you can score a good used one.

I am partial to my Muzzy system with dual mufflers.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline BytownBandit

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2016, 09:27:46 AM »
The build quality of the Vance & Hines is very good. As well it has a heat shield which to me is a more visual deal as it takes that long look away from the pipe. I wanted a dual set up but it is just to expensive. (Canadian dollars)

I've had mine for a year and wouldn't go back to the stock system.

BytownBandit
Ottawa, ON Canada

2012 Concours1400 (Black)

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2016, 03:35:38 PM »
I’m a new owner of a 2014 Concours ’14 ABS  and interested in upgrading the exhaust to a deeper (less thrill) sound and lose some weight. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much.
 Kevin
 Annapolis, MD

Welcome Mr. Surfer to the best C-14 forum. The Concours (Konkoor- silent 's,' merci) is the best looking sport-tourer on the market, but Kawasaki slaps a 30 lb. bazooka on it and destroys the beautiful contours. I suffered derision and ridicule from my riding cronies and family until I threw the ugly appendage in the dumpster and bought a Vance & Hines CS-1. Now smiles all around, especially from me and the bike. 

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2016, 04:58:35 PM »
Welcome Mr. Surfer to the best C-14 forum. The Concours (Konkoor- silent 's,' merci) is the best looking sport-tourer on the market

+1. +1,  and +1 a third time!!

but Kawasaki slaps a 30 lb. bazooka on it and destroys the beautiful contours. I suffered derision and ridicule from my riding cronies and family until I threw the ugly appendage in the dumpster and bought a Vance & Hines CS-1. Now smiles all around, especially from me and the bike.

I on the other hand, think it looks just found and enjoy peaceful and quiet riding.  With the bags on (which I always have on) it looks fine and have yet to have anyone say anything to me about the stock muffler appearance- positive or negative.  And if they did, I don't care :)  But it is nice to have choices!!!!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2016, 10:52:51 AM »
Here is a full Yoshimura system:

Love the looks of the Yoshimura. It has that Japanese Manga thing...  :thumbs:
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.