Author Topic: moving to va.  (Read 2877 times)

Offline oneshot

moving to va.
« on: June 19, 2012, 01:30:19 PM »
front royal, va...anybody live around there?

Offline wipfel

• 2010 Concours 14 ABS
Re: moving to va.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 01:45:35 PM »
I don't live there, but I did live in NOVA for 3 years.  Beautiful area with some pretty cools stuff in easy driving/riding distance.  I miss Va sometimes.  :(
--If I could be anywhere right now, I'd still be out there, on my bike, in the wilderness.

2010 Concours 14 ABS

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 02:09:06 PM »
I did live there back in the mid-80s.  Very nice area.  Where will you be working?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline ssmith

• Concours Owners Group
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 02:25:02 PM »
Many COG members and lots of club activity...   COG AAD Pat S lives in Luray.  When you moving?  There is a regional rally early August in West Virginia. Just a quick hop over some great roads.  Check out the rally page:
www.tinyurl.com/COGDogDays2012
Steve Smith, COG #3184
Get your own official COG # by joining the Concours Owners Group, the premier sport-touring club for Concours enthusiasts and sport-touring riders.  Click here to learn more about club membership

Offline zsiska

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 03:27:14 AM »
Yep I live in Warrenton not to far from you.  Cruise through Front Royal often when wandering.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 04:20:07 AM »
Ever go down the Fort Valley road towards Luray?  It's off 55 between FR and Strasburg.  Wonderful road to ride.  You'll pass a fire station on the right once you get on the Fort Valley road.  I was a member there in the mid-80's.  Wonderful people.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline oneshot

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 07:11:18 AM »
Yep I live in Warrenton not to far from you.  Cruise through Front Royal often when wandering.

im looking at a couple houses in warrenton. wifes new job is in dc, so we are looking
for a place between fr and dc.....

Offline Caffeinated

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 07:51:55 AM »
im looking at a couple houses in warrenton. wifes new job is in dc, so we are looking
for a place between fr and dc.....
Look a bit closer like Bristow area. It will help her commute tremendously, and you'll have no traffic to Front Royal. Trying to get from Warrenton to 66 in the mornings can be a bear.
Chris (COG# 8538), Bristow, Va
2012 Black Concours 1400
2011 Silver Concours 1400 (Totaled)
2002 Silver Concours (sold), 06 Vulcan 900LT (sold), 03 VStar 650 (sold)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2012, 12:15:50 PM »
Fauquier county is nice and priced accordingly.  That's why I wound up in Warren county.  I commuted to Manassas and back but it was 2nd and 3rd shifts so I never really got into any traffic issues.

Offline zsiska

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 03:34:05 AM »
Look a bit closer like Bristow area. It will help her commute tremendously, and you'll have no traffic to Front Royal. Trying to get from Warrenton to 66 in the mornings can be a bear.

Unless you can make your own hours.  I am an accountant and get to work in Chantilly around 4AM and leave at 1PM.  It is about 25 miles from my house and in the mornings I make it in about 20 minutes.  Coming home might take longer if there is an accident or something, but for the most part I can make it home in about 40 minutes. 

Offline zsiska

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 03:43:31 AM »
Fauquier county is nice and priced accordingly. 

You can find some good deals in Fauquier now.  The wife and I just bought about a 2500 sqft split foyer on about an acre in New Baltimore (close to Prince William line).  We paid just over $200K.  I am installing new carpet and will have some projects here and there, but the kitchen and all 3 full baths had recently been renovated.  And a lot of the house had already had cherry wood floors installed. We really didn't need to move, but when we saw it and looked at it, we put in an offer.  That was the first day it went on the market.  It also failed the septic inspection due to tree roots in it.  So the seller had to replace the septic as well.  Just one more thing I won't have to do.